[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

perception of time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
Is it just me or have you guys perceived this year to move very quickly?I am not stating this as a fact i just want to see what everyone thinks :Basically sometime in 2015 possibly early 2016 i noticed time to move more quickly i realised this when me and a friend saw 10 seconds pass when we both perceived as about 1.5 seconds this leads me to think that maybe some sought of shift in time occurred causing time to pass at roughly 10 times the normal rate. IDK at this point but its starting to seem believable so i need some opinions and thoughts boios
>>
Time is as fluid as a dance, and as ephemeral as the wind.
>>
>>19566872
Indeed the collective consesus about a lot of things has been shifting. Impossibility is only mirage.
>>
>>19566872
They are speeding things up.
>>
>>19566872
It is actually scientifically recognized that the expansion and collapse of black holes release ripples across spacetime... And considering how CERN and the large hardon collider are basically creating miniature black holes with their tests. You must think that there might be a correlation.
>>
>>19566934
if CERN actually created a miniature black hole we wouldnt be here right now.
so no i dont think there is a correlation
>>
>>19566872
This year does seem strangely fast.
>>
>>19566872
Teh qwikening
>>
We say that every year
>>
>>19566872
Bump
>>
Every year time seems to move quicker. We look around, and suddenly it's September. Why? My theory: when you're a kid, you've got less time behind you to look at, and so each day is a significant portion of your life. Combine that with the fact that you're doing and feeling new things everyday, and it makes sense that time feels slower.
Now, you're an adult. You've got twenty odd years (more for me) behind you. It's mostly the same shit going down, day in day out, emotionally and in terms of work. Each day is less of a significant portion of your life, and it'll only get faster and faster.
>>
>>19567566
Yeah, I don't buy it. Everyone says this year went faster. It has to do with happenings.
>>
Yes. We're now in the Kali Yuga. We experience time as moving faster and faster.
>>
Congratulations kid, you've gotten older. Now without the constant input of school, you feel like less has happened and looking back, time seems to have passed more quickly. This will continue until you die.
>>
>>19567626
Ok matey.
>>
>>19567626
Everyone says it, every year. It's not a new sentiment bro. If I had to guess, I'd say you've just grown up, and so now you and your friends are experiencing these same feelings that adults have always felt.
>>
>>19567676
This.
>>
>>19567722
No its happenings. Last year there were far more. This one's been relatively empty until recently, which is why imo this month has been the slowest month this year. Humans have no concept of time, just number of events occurring. I'm not bullshitting you. This is psychology.
>>
>>19566872

It's called getting older dumbass. The perception of time passing gets shorter the longer you're alive.
>>
>>19567783
If by "Happenings" you mean unexpected or unusual events, I agree with you. Our brain enters a crisis mode to deal with unexpected events that touch our lives. Days seem to move faster because we are focusing on those big things, not the mundane, in between days. I don't think it's /x/ related, just more that we're focussed on more and more things, simply because we're older, and know more about the world. When I was ten, not only would I not give a shit about a cyclone in Texas, or an earthquake in Mexico, but I probably wouldn't have even noticed it on the news. Now I'm thirty, not only do I have more empathy, those events are all over the newspapers I read, and the websites I visit. They're on the tv news (not that I watch a lot), and, being an adult, I'm not worried if Jessica in 5B is into me. These events are major events, not my crushes and sporting activities.
>>
File: f6e.png (402KB, 1561x1240px) Image search: [Google]
f6e.png
402KB, 1561x1240px
>>19566872
There was such a major shift that everything is/appears different. Atleast we have some great memes.
>>
>>19568105
which means that just like as if you're dreaming time appears to go faster because that is what it feels like.
>>
August in of itself felt very long, but now it feels back to normal. Is there a reason for this?
>>
>>19566872
As you get older a year becomes less of a n amount of time.

Like when youre 4 years old a year is 25% of your life but when you turn 20 a year is only 5% of your life so it feels a lot shorter.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.