[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free Will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: 3976ab389c716293fd93f4f228dcced9.jpg (572KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3976ab389c716293fd93f4f228dcced9.jpg
572KB, 2048x1024px
It's an illusion
>>
>>19566574
>>
Every decision you make is based off of paradigms created at an early age in your subconscious. So, yeah, I guess free will is bs.
>>
i dont want to post here
>>
>>19566618
In a broader sense than just psychology, everything that takes place in your brain is bound by chemistry and physics, every atom and sub atomic partical act consistantly in the same way. We're just a soup of chemicals spiraling out from itself
>>
>>19566574
I use my free will to deny your assertion.
>>
>>19566634
Cool beans.
>>
>>19566634
Your free will is bound to pathways that arguably forced you to make that post. Although Atlantis was prolly real so wtf am I going to argue humans don't know shit from shinola.
>>
>>19566634
I use my free will to deny your free will.
>>
>>19566655
Kek
>>
File: 1504314137253.jpg (240KB, 1100x1380px) Image search: [Google]
1504314137253.jpg
240KB, 1100x1380px
>>19566661
>>
19566666 means free will exists
>>
I disagree, but instead of sitting here and try to formulate something resembling (or gives the illusion of being) a coherent thought regarding this matter, I choose to instead finish this post and prepare for the marathon I'll run tonight.
I'm not prepared at all and there's a high probability i will shit my pants during it (and when/if it happens it won't be a matter of choice) but regardless I choose to start the marathon and see how i will do.
Do i choose to run it or has the cosmos or my subconscious chosen it for me? What is the "I" that chooses, or does such a thing as "I" exist? Fuck do i care right now. Why am i even writing this? Am i consciously choosing to write right now or am i subconsciously just avoiding to prepare for the marathon, seeking refuge in my phone? Yes
>>
>>19566574
Illusion is freewill
>>
File: excellent.jpg (31KB, 254x200px) Image search: [Google]
excellent.jpg
31KB, 254x200px
>>19566670
no free will today boys
>>
Using the same logic, your lack of free will makes you think yiu have no will, but is this really your thought? That was guided by the absence of your volition?

Fuck off and man up, stop putting excuses for being a pussy.

You don't have control over everything, but youdo have your own authority.
>>
>>19566721
>Using the same logic, your lack of free will makes you think yiu have no will

correct

>but is this really your thought?

Yes?

>Fuck off and man up, stop putting excuses for being a pussy

Sound advice
>>
>inb4
this is all just a simulation
>>
>>19566730
It just becomes redundant at that point
>>
>>19566574
Ok, and? Do you have anything intelligent to add to that, like arguments, logic, deduction? Fucking 14 year olds, i swear.
>>
>>19566730
Your mom's a simulation.
>>
>>19566745
>>19566633
>>
>>19566749
I take back my simulation comment.
This level of cancer cant possibly be simulated
>>
>>19566745
Come back, twelvie
>>
>>19566574
Most likely. But the jury's still out.

Humans seem to have no trouble grasping the concept of non-causal laws when they're wrapped up in a layer of statistics. (e.g. the concept of "true randomness") and in fact the universe almost seems to be forcing acceptance of that concept upon us.

If one type of non-causal law can occur who can say that there aren't more.
>>
>>19566574
dude like... whoa
>>
>>19568454
Op is just teeming with faggoty insight.
>>
>>19566574
Yes and no
>>
>>19570135
yes and no = no
Start using fucking logic or I'll burn this board down.
>>
>>19566574
no its not
>>
>>19566574
I personally believe the Truth shall set you free...
Free will is an illusion as long as you're a slave to the illusion. Find the Truth and you will be Free of Illusion. (Spoiler: Truth = Love)
>>
Whatever is contained in >19566666 contains the answer to this thread.
>>
>>19571027

>>19566666
>>
>>19567797
Could you elaborate on non-causal laws?
>>
>>19566633
So? We still feel during. And maybe after
>>
>>19571196
During and after what? Life?

During life obviously yeah, why we do I do not know, things like sensation and perception of sound and colour are beyond my knowledge so far and probably will be forever.

After life no clue. I've argued for the possibility of alternate sentience in the past
>>
>>19566574
>>"Since You can't walk up or down without stairs free movement is an illusion"
Read a book.
>>
>>19571508
That's a really bad analogy.
And what book do you think would even be of use?
>>
>>19571508
All the important books are to long clearly.
>>
>>19571522
what would you call an important book.
>>
>>19571518
Any book, for instance begin from the classics and read up to now, You'll notice many things that modern education alone doesn't equip you to consider.
Explain how It's a bad analogy: It's pretty clear to me that the fact that you're influenced in your choices by your environment, upbringing and genetics doesn't disprove free will; exactly how the fact that you can't use your legs to walk "up" doesn't disprove that you can't use them to walk around.
Stairs let you walk "up", and education and introversion makes you able to make choices you wouldn't otherwise consider.
>>19571522
That's a problem only If someone lacks patience, like many today.
Lacking the patience to do something is to choose not to do it.
>>
>>19571535
Disprove that You can, obviously.
>>
>>19571535
There's a few factors ofc. physics and chemistry being the most encompassing. Both of these I'm sure you'd agree govern the actions of inanimate objects, how they move through the world when acted upon and their general composition aswell as how that composition can change, while we don't have absolute understanding of every aspect, these componenets should, imo quite logically, behave according to some so far unknown laws. Now that's still all applicable to the brain and how it works etc.

But another aspect to look at (imo redundant at this point) for further explanation is, as you mentioned, the psychological aspects; genetics upbringing and environment, all contributing to how our brain is wired, responsible for everything from your favourite colour to unconcious ticks. All a result of accumulated life experience.

Nowhere in all of thise do I see an element of randomness, nowhere do I see room for some form of choice.
My last point is that there's been tests that have concluded we react before we think we've made a choice. Idk what you disagree with yet so onto you
>>
>>19571535
Also, any reccomendations?
>>
>>19571596
>Nowhere in all of thise do I see an element of randomness,

Never said there was, acting freely isn't acting at random.

>>nowhere do I see room for some form of choice.
When You walk, You choose where to go. The fact that the mechanics of taking a step are known, that the mechanic of planning said movement are known and subconscious, and based on polarizaciĆ³n and depolarization of axon bodies, that it all depends on your ATP reservoires for actually managing to do It etc doesn't change the fact that, given an innumerable number of other options, You chose to take a step.
>>19571604
Here, for instance start with some of the books in this list.

http://www.scifiwright.com/2012/06/the-great-books-online/
>>
>>19566574
If free will is an illusion, you are deterministically compelled to behave as though you had free will, for you make willful changes to the world incessantly.
>>
>>19571620
I don't see how it's a choice though. Just because you Do take a step, doesn't mean there was a choice befind it. It's all reaction, everything you do is a result of everything before it. And theoretically entirely predictable.

Also regarding said test. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/neuraptitude/201608/illusion-choice-the-myth-free-will
>>
>>19571635
Not even the Copenhagen school could save pure mechanicism, anon.
>>
It's not an illusion. Stop blaming God for all your problems. If you want to stay at home and become a fucking unemployed NEET, then it's your own damn fault.
>>
>>
>>19571651
Harsh but correct.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.