[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your own belief of what happens when you die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

>No heaven or hell
>Just the same feeling when you are in a depp dream. All is black
>Suddenly you hear a voice.
>That simple human voice that speaks with a weird euro accent but whatever, you can not see them.
>Then he/she gives you 1 backpack and 1 suitcase
>Tells you to pack your most beloved things.
>Pack some clothes, vidya, books and movies.
>You can see other people that have died at the same time as you and talk to them but not for long.
>Asks you if you want to see something before you leave
>You can see the world one last time, as a ghost.
>When you are ready, he/she tells you good luck.
>You feel tired and take a rest.
>Nobody judges you, just get your things together and get to your nearest train station
>You can sit with some other people but you just all fell asleep.
>Wake up to arrive at some weird station at night
>Get out with other people, and some guys there, dressed as normal people, ask you for your cause of death.
>Nothing determines your punishment or reward for having either a bad or good life, they just ask you your death cause and move on to the exit.
>Get my luggage and get out
>You end up in a city where you were happy
>The guards give you two options, either you reincarnate to life but with the risk of repeating a bad life again or live forever in this "world of the dead" until the universe collapses and you can not change the decistion
>If you choose to stay in that place, that's it, the guards give you a key and a direction in a piece of paper, your new home in the "underworld"
>And that's it, you just live, travel and work in this "parallel world"
>You stay on the same age as you died forever.
>>
>>19563494
Where did you get this information?
>>
>>19563507
Its something I thought for many years. I inspires myself with aztec mythology and nordic mythology.
Specially aztec, Why do you ask?
>>
>>19563514
I wish I could make up an afterlife and actually believe it. That must be nice.
>>
>>19563494
>Dies
>Is dead. No consciousness. No anything.
>Monad looks at his "best of" collection.
>Bring back faithful servant and keeps him around forever.
This is the only logical conclusion I could come up with. Heaven is freedom from demiurge and hell is non-existence.
>>
File: descarga.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>>19563494
>You end up in a city where you were happy
I had a dream like that the other night, it was too real, I think I spent months in there.
Then I realized it was just a dream.
>>
>>19563494
Bump i like where this is going.
>>
File: william-s-burroughs.png (172KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
william-s-burroughs.png
172KB, 400x319px
>>19563494
>Heaven and hell are both real
>But we have it the wrong way round
>All the good go to hell and all the bad go to heaven

You see what really matters is what your opinion of your life is. And good people always second guess their past decisions in their mind and blame themselves for what went wrong. Good people are only good people because they go through life knowing that they are fundamentally imperfect and need to change that. While the truly evil people are evil because they have the power to justify all of their actions to themselves and only see themselves as acting in the right.

>All those that were kind, loving, and forgiving in life are eternally tormented in death by the demons they saw their past selves as
>All those that were selfish, sadistic, and cruel in life are rewarded in death for how great they saw themselves as.
>>
>>19563494
Nothing happens, you either sleep forever in a black dream like when you are fully asleep or reincarnate in another human being.
>>
>>19563659
Don't fuck with me like that.
>>
>close your eyes
>count to 1
>infinity has passed
>be reborn anew
Death wipes away all your problems, mistakes, worries, afflictions.
So enjoy what you have, even if you have nothing. If you have nothing you already have something, because "nothing" can't exist.
>>
>>19564021
Every one of my dreams ends with either me dying or a dangerous situation. I wonder if this is the dream world and my dreams are entire lives.
>>
File: hellno.png (181KB, 242x311px) Image search: [Google]
hellno.png
181KB, 242x311px
>>19563494
Are you fucking gay?
>>
File: 1504667136991.jpg (80KB, 736x662px) Image search: [Google]
1504667136991.jpg
80KB, 736x662px
>>19563494
>feel the last moments of fleeing life
>I know I am departing for good
>feel death overcome me in the absolute
>die
>nothing
>nothing
>nothing
>
>after endlessly dark slumber,I am awakened by a voice that sounds like thunder & crumbing mountains
>stand before the Almighty
>angels search for my name in the book of life
>judged
>heaven/hell
>>
>>19563494
We're just a amount of matter and energy, when we die will be like turn off a machine
>>
>Just die
> Infinite nothing felt like just you close the eye for a minute
>Reawake
>Don't remember nothing of what you did
>Repeat all your life
>Forever
>>
>>19563494
Decomposition.
>>
I think this reality is a simulation. If that is true, then anyone at anytime can be brought back. Even if it takes 100billion^1000th^10th power of years, it'll feel instantaneous.

To think nothing happens considering how little we know about the universe and reality is just a lack of imagination
>>
File: burroughs-jack-o-lantern.jpg (56KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
burroughs-jack-o-lantern.jpg
56KB, 350x200px
>>19564004
You know looking at it from all angles it makes the most amount of sense.
I mean lets say that when we die we are trapped for what seems like eternity in our dying skull experiencing the symptoms of slow brain rot. We would have nothing but our minds to keep us company and those good people would have the rest of eternity to go over the little missteps that they corrected in their behavior in-order to become the good people that they died as and eventually those missteps would congeal together to become grave errors which would turn to mortal sin and finally the collection of all their misdeeds would make a shadow version of them that would chase them around the hellscape of their rotting psyches until it caught up to them and tortured them until the mind rotted so much that they ceased to be who they were and became just a sentienceness, like a non-tactile entity of exclusively emotional purpose only capable of feeling that some now unnameable evil was tormenting the it that was once them. Finally the mind fully fades and the last thing they feel(for eternity) is inexpiable fear.

The same thing would happen to the bad people of the world but with their delusions of grandeur ever increasing eventually forming a being that consists solely of the love that they once felt for themselves. That shadow-nymph will go on pleasantly fondling them for the rest of their eons of sensation finally culminating in them becoming a similarly blind being of pure emotion and the last they feel(for eternity) being unfathomable joy.

And, assuming that their is some supernatural afterlife, why would the afterlife work any differently than life does?
>>
>dies
>reincarnates or stay in some empty/infinite white place where you're God and you create your own world(like Inception)
>>
>>19564194
That actually doesn't make sense because he who dies living kind and self-aware life will remember he actively tried to contribute to the world and that will continue long after he's dead filling him with joy. The evil man would realize now that he is dying he has lost everything and cheated the world, leaving it worse than before and the only person he cared about is gone.
>>
>>19564198
That is this current life, my friend.
>>
>>19564218
I do not think that that is how human brains work. I have never met a good person who didn't hate themselves deep down.
>>
Well I used to think that once you die, your energy (you) was able to just do anything.

I mean if multiverse theory is right, then that effectively means that there are both infinite and no me's throughout every universe, and each one could be living the same or a different life in any conceivable way.

So I thought, what if I could literally do anything? What if it really is the eternal rest? And endless dream?

Now, I just believe in the finite. I believe I'm perishable, because I am. I end. I just believe there is a stop. A period. I don't really believe in gods or infinite universes anymore. I like to just think that it's all nothing in the end. That's probably really depressing to others but I've found comfort in it. It's like I've been being spoiled all my life about it anyway. It just seems to click now that it just ends and that's it.

I've lived about 23 years now. Looking back on it, it doesn't seem extraordinary. But it doesn't seem terrible either. I've lived through hardships but everyone has. I feel glad that all the greef, all the bad times will mean nothing at the end. I'll just be able to let go once and for all.

I still hold out hope that I was right the fist time and that seconds guesses really are wrong but, I also just accept destiny.
>>
>>19564235
You might have a different definition of good than me. The sjw who lets in the murderous invaders might be trying to be nice but he's far from good. The warrior who ravenously murders his enemies for the sake of protecting his own is very good. Evil hates and compensates. Good loves and protects.
>>
>>19564154
If science is correct, matter can not be truly destroyed, but changed. This is probably the only hope we got.
>>
I think your awareness ascends to something else that you will feel very at home with.
>>
>>19564275
I didn't say anything about matter changing.
>>
responsible hedonism for all

"hell" is temporary and fixes you by subjecting you to the full experiences of your victims

those who fix themselves now don't go to "hell"
and will recieve something the others do not and can not ever fathom

the others won't even know such a reward was given
>>
>>19563494
Idk I have two wishes.
1 is that you just get reborn in an alternate universe/time line. Same self, just a doover.
The other is a heaven like scenario where you can basically see all of the world's past and future shit from anyone's perspective and/or you just get the answers to anything you want to know.
Mostly because I just want some answers to the unsolved mysteries in the world that I know will never be solved or at least never be solved with concrete evidence.

Its not really I believe any of that will happen, it's just that's what I'd want to happen. What I actually believes happens is it's just lights out and your rot in the ground.
>>
>>19563494
Personally I believe to happen is that it will be just light out if I die.

What I want to believe is that I would be just some sort of ghost that can be only seen by other ghosts who can go anywhere. At least, I will get to talk with people from the past and shit
>>
>>19563514
When thinking about the afterlife, I can't really imagine there to be time.

When there is no time there can be no movement, because all movement are sequences of moments from a to b.

So heaven or hell or any place in which we 'live ' our afterlife seems absurd.

Time and space are necessary conditions for our perception of the world, and when those conditions aren't there after death, what does that tell you?
>>
Literal nothingness. Just black. That's what I experienced when I died. Though I'd like to believe that was some kind of buffer screen and cool fantasy shit happens after.
>>
>>19564235

>I have never met a person I didn't immediately understand the deepest subconscious psychological state of

Wanna know how I know you're full of shit
>>
I don't really believe in live after dead. Its only you in agony for a few minutes and caput, you are not alive anymore.
Anyway if actually is there anything after death I would like to stay here in the earth. Like a fucking ghost. For eternity, or at least enough time to see the end of the ages
>>
Nothing. You're just dead and will feel the same like before you were born i.e. nothing.
>>
>>19563659
What about those who were selfish sadistic and cruel but regret their actions while still alive, seeing themselves as imperfect, like most criminals, even serial killers, do in fact?
>>
>>19563494
I am but a temporary drop in a moment of infinite wonders, I will not exist after I die. But there is something that remains. A soul, if one will.
>>
>>19564194
So all good people should shoot themselves in the head?
>>
I think you wander as a sort of ghost for awhile, as a conciousness, with no body. time moves much faster in the afterlife. A year might pass in the human world but for you it's only a day. You see your body decay, and see your relatives grieving. You have magical powers in this state and can rapidly travel anywhere by thinking of it, can read people's thoughts, etc. Eventually you tire of this and wish to have a body. Thousands of terrifying demons then chase you into darkness, and there you see glowing lights of different colors, each light is a different state of being, human, god, animal, hell-being, etc. and you feel irresistably drawn towards one of the lights by your past karma, and as you approach the light you see your prospective parents having sex. You feel attracted to one or the other, depending on your sex, and at the moment of conception your consciousness enters the egg-sperm and you are reborn. You awake and open your eyes, perhaps as a puppy, or a human or in one of many hells or heavens.
>>
You become aware of your being's entire extension along time, and along other, previously hidden dimensions, and are able to travel to arbitrary points on this structure with the same effortlessness you would be able to turn your head or move your eyes to look at something. With this ability, you could travel to an arbitrary time in your past and do something different, thereby enter a different timeline in what would be a slight "lateral" movement within this newly available spacetime structure. From there you could instantly zip forward to some arbitrary future point(one of an infinite points available, since there would be a continuous interval between this past-point and any prospective future point, within which you would be able to make a multitude of decisions to influence your destination). Also you can travel to versions of yourself that were conceived and born under different circumstances; there are timelines in which your parents met and fucked in some other country, and still managed to pair the same sperm and egg to create you. Hell, maybe there are timelines where that happens on other planets. But you realize that you are coterminous with this vast volume of spacetime that you may explore and live within as you please.

Source: I like to daydream about this stuff, especially when I'm high.
>>
>>19563494
IMO, good or evil, you become a ghost.
I believe the Angels and Demons are all Spirits.
>>
>>19563494
Well, you pick.

You decide if you want to wander around the big empty spaces between worlds... Midian, the Bluffs, etc...

Or venture to Hell in an attempt to destroy yourself...

Or go up the tunnel to Heaven and bliss the fuck out.

Of course, once you get into Heaven proper you're disassembled into your constituent parts, catalogued, and used as resource material for future humans... but you won't care.
>>
>>19563659
Props for the Burroughs pic but I think you're entirely too cynical.

One of the advantages of death is that your life is put into context. You see every stupid decision you've made and it's all given context, and in that moment you go: "Oh wow, what a beautiful, stupid life I lead!"

The decision for Heaven/Hell is purely one of self destruction. You venture out to Hell if you want to eliminate yourself from existence. You go to Heaven if you want to see what's next.

And you can change your mind either way at any time... because both journeys take ages and ages.

I will say this though: the trip to Hell was miserable, but comfortably so. There was something soothing about the misery.

The trip to Heaven was joyous, I mean heroin times a billion, but also... frightening. The thought was constantly: "Is this really okay? Am I going to be okay?"
>>
>>19563494
I love that guy's pixel art, jesus christ. So glad he got nabbed for Adult Swim content. His tumblr was the coolest shit back in the day.
>>
>>19566301
Yes, his art is like he "pixelates" his weird dreams.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.