[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one reach true enlightenment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

File: 1504878320223[1].jpg (116KB, 708x960px) Image search: [Google]
1504878320223[1].jpg
116KB, 708x960px
How does one reach true enlightenment?
>>
Two things: you have to desire the present moment more intensely than a drowning man desires air (NOT a future moment in which you are enlightened. RIGHT NOW, or never. ... except it's always right now, so you have plenty of time)

second thing: There is literally nothing you can do to speed up the process or make it happen. You can only cultivate the ground and the seeds will naturally flower.
>>
>>19561893
True
>>
>>19561858
Oh man David R. Hawkins. I'm surprised he shows up here on /x/ I tried to introduce /x/ to his work, but I guess it's not as sensational for /x/ taste. He is one of very few spiritual teachers I would actually call a master. He was truly enlightened in my opinion.

Read his books he lays down very solid foundation and clear path to enlightenment.

Non-attachment.
>>
File: agdq34.png (116KB, 252x245px) Image search: [Google]
agdq34.png
116KB, 252x245px
I don't really get the point of it. Why would we be given an experience to love and enjoy each other if we're supposed to give up our attachments to each other and go separate ways?

On one hand, people say love and light
On the other hand, they tell you to give up your attachments to the world, give up on your dreams and your aspirations, give up on your family and loves ones and become an emotionless, selfish person who only cares about "advancing their spiritual growth" or "becoming enlightend" or "transcending" or "ascending" or any of the other buzzword that means commit suicide into oblivion.

If you're really supposed to give up on materalism and cast out everything and everyone that doesn't "advance spiritual growth" then why exactly does it take two people to create life?
>>
>>19562238
Because life is an illusion, as is the idea of separation (i.e. 2 people don't exist when we are all the Buddha)
Continue questioning, you are on the right path
>>
>>19562238
I think sometimes people give advice that makes no fucking sense and you shouldn't take it if it doesn't work for you. You should do what works for you the best and what feels right.

I took a spiritual path once that seemed to make no sense in the least and I ended up miserable. Now? I'm doing my own thing.

Maybe in some profound, philosophical way the path would make sense, but that profoundness yet to reveal itself. So what's the use in being miserable? One just makes more sense than the other.
>>
>>19561858
I really like this chart. If I had to pick I'd say I am at the "courage, Affirmation, Feasible" level. Which is quite nice. Feeling neutral is the ideal mindstate for me right now. No desire no expectations just let things happen as they may and don't get affected by bad situations.
>>
>>19561858
It's something that we all experience sometimes. It's a mistake to try to live in it.
>>
>>19561858

I'm at between neutrality and willingness. I feel little optimistic and hopeful.
>>
>>19561858
This is a valid framework, but it does little to describe a person, or their trajectory across the chart.

I think we exist in each of those levels all the time, just in differing amounts.
>>
>>19561858
It says it right there. You have to reach an energetic frequency of 1 MHz
>>
File: For all Eternity.jpg (924KB, 900x1160px) Image search: [Google]
For all Eternity.jpg
924KB, 900x1160px
>>19561893
Beautiful. Verified.

Here's a pic
>>
>>19562238
Acceptance is to understand the world and the people around you and be at peace with it.
>>
>>19561858
tfw in the red
>>
>>19561893
Be mindful of the living force young padawan.
>>
I'm almost there, what would you like to know?

It's a path of study and practice.

God helped me, have you found God inside yourself yet?
>>
File: dalailamawinter2007.jpg (102KB, 400x444px) Image search: [Google]
dalailamawinter2007.jpg
102KB, 400x444px
It could takes a zillion lifetimes to become a buddha. And I hear that trying to explain the spiritual realizations that lead there- they can be understood intellectually, but you have to experience them- they say it's like trying to explain the taste of salt. So rely on a good teacher like Dalai Lama, try to develop loving kindness, and meditate.
>>
>>19564930
What meditation practices do you use?
>>
>>19564930
Your head is up your ass faggot.
>>
>>19564964
To be honest, I don't.

I practice a way of living instead.

It's much harder for most to do, but it is the true path. People realize that once they find "zen"
>>
>>19564968
If it is, my ass must be more beautiful than you could ever imagine. :)
>>
>>19564973
They say ignorance is bliss.
>>
>>19564992
It's true.

But knowing is considered true bliss.

You doubt me but you don't question me.

I think you're ignorant. You think you're above others, yet you have no notion of saying why.

I imagine you don't believe in God.
>>
File: OasisInTheBadlands.jpg (228KB, 489x400px) Image search: [Google]
OasisInTheBadlands.jpg
228KB, 489x400px
>>19564970
Do you have negative thoughts and emotions that you try to transform? Do you feel compassion for all living beings?
>>
>>19565005
>reddit spacing
>youthful arrogance
You need to go back.
>>
>>19565013
No, If they are negative, I acknowledge them, but I don't try to change them. I see why they were negative and try to make sure they wont be next time.

I love all. I can't speak honestly more enough.
>>
>>19565024
Youthful arrogance? My friend I am 21 years young it is is. But the age of one self does not matter.

You speak of distrust and hate and using anger to fuel your words.

Reddit spacing? Please, It's easier to read than the horrible block paragraphs.

You are arrogant in the way fish think of air.
>>
>>19562238
So you have to hear the bitching
>>
>>19565027
Dat's good. I wish you good luck. Sounds like "calm abiding," it works really well.
>>
>>19565036
You're a foolish child and in a couple of years you'll look back on this as just a phase
>>
>>19565042
>Dat's good
Are you a nigger
>>
>>19565046
You tell me these things but you provide no context.

Do you know how I feel?

Have you seen and felt what I felt?

Have you had a revaluation?

Have you had ego death?

I do not mean to question you, but you speak with negativity, negativity is not needed.

Why do you feel this way? I can explain my self if you can explain your views. I'm here to discuss, not to dictate.

But if you're not willing to converse, then your heart isn't open and free. You're not accepting of me as I am of you. That's not quite an equal discussion is it?
>>
>>19565060
You're going through what many people do at some point. Your arrogance and pathetic need to feel special have blinded you to this. You should save this thread so that when you mature a little you can look back and laugh at yourself.
>>
>>19565074
I am not the only one that feels this way, I'm no different from you.

I'm no different from the billions of other humans, you keep saying what I am, but you are blind to my words.

What have I said that is arrogant? You keep using negativity. Do people who debate philosophy talk as you do?

Why is my way wrong? You've said nothing of credence so far.
>>
>>19565038
Fuck you faggot. No vampire general for you.
>>
>>19565083
You're on the path to maturity but you seem stunted. This is something you should have gone through as a teen. I understand it's probably due to being born in the 90s.
>>
>>19565105
You're providing no context.
>>
>>19565114
Its evident to anyone who's not intellectually and emotionally a child.
>>
>>19565050
Possibly.
>>
>>19565133
So now you personally attack me ?

lol I'm done with this conversation.
>>
>>19565142
>lol
Continue proving my point young fellow.
>>
I feel like im at ''Peace'' or am I just delusional
>>
>>19566024
You probably havent suffered much adversity.
>>
>>19565149
Dont stop believing anon

what you say about me being born in the 90s?

ure the one whos arrogant anon.. ;)

a phase? not at all my child
>>
>>19566786
>ure

Maybe spend less time thinking about enlightenment and more time thinking about literacy, anon.
>>
>>19566885
not the one who give up eh?

*teleport behind you*

heh no personel belonging kid
>>
>>19561858
What a bullshit fucing list designed to make plebs think that being "enlightened" is accepting things (acceptance is merely apathy while being happy about it).

This fucking reeks of NWO.
>>
>>19564396
Where's that from?
>>
>>19567235
Pretty much what I thought
>>19565133
He's right about you providing no context. This guy's all-loving schtick might get him inducted into a cult or martyred by one someday, but he didn't come off as transparently arrogant as you suggest.
>>19565060
>open and free
Easy on that bundling, buddy. There are still monsters in this world. If we wish to always have free hearts, we may not always have open ones; if we wish to always have open hearts, we will not have the luxury of hearts forever free.
>>
Embody the Logos
>>
>>19561893
EXACTLY what my father told me. This man is saying the truth. Thank you. I wish I would prioritize the moment more....
>>
File: 1482174242145.gif (293KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482174242145.gif
293KB, 500x500px
whats up highest lvl on /x/ here what the fuck is up
i just put the fourth horseman of the pie into order rocking 1 ( 2-1) 4 (31)
whats up bitches
>>
>>19562238
>Why would we be given an experience to love and enjoy each other if we're supposed to give up our attachments to each other and go separate ways?

nothing is seperate
i am you and you are me

it is totally ok if you don't want enlightenment yet
because, like you said, this reality is litterally a playground to get lost on, to experience and to learn

but know that that will cause suffering
maybe not even in this life but eventaully it will

there is a reason why buddha said that human existence is good to reach enlightenment

if you only feel agony then you will probably only want stop that agony
if everything you feel is bliss, then why get enlightened

human existence has a good mix of both

that is at least my opinion

namaste
>>
>>19567735
Fuck off
>>
>>19568363
We accept you too.
>>
>>19568842
>we
You need to go back.
>>
>>19568852
back to?
>>
>>19565027
There is no way you love all people unless you are an unemployed loner and don't encounter many. If you have a job may I be struck by lightning.
>>
>>19564396
Sauce
>>
>>19570267
Stop projecting your inner demons unto others.

>>19570599
>>19567281

Google some of the lines in the comic and you will find your answer.
>>
File: 63458697_p0.jpg (990KB, 1661x2261px) Image search: [Google]
63458697_p0.jpg
990KB, 1661x2261px
Dear NEET ひきこもり;

Still trying to figure it out myself

Turns out compiling hermitic knowledge and infographics isn't enough; That just makes you a pratyekabuddha

>Pratyekabuddhas are said to achieve enlightenment on their own, without the use of teachers or guides, according to some traditions by contemplating the principle of dependent origination. They are said to arise only in ages where there is no Buddha and the Buddhist teachings (Sanskrit: dharma; Pāli: dhamma) are lost. "The idea of a Paccekabuddha … is interesting, as much as it implies that even when the four truths are not preached they still exist and can be discovered by anyone who makes the necessary mental and moral effort".[1] Many may arise at a single time..

It's actually a deragatory term by buddhists.
Go seek a master at an actual buddhist temple.
>>
>>19571532
>posts a positive definition
>says it's derogatory.

Quit shilling.

Enlightenment can be reached right NOW. Forever is now and at any time you can become enlightened.
>>
>>19571562

sorry should have been more clear

IT IS CONSIDERED Deragatory BY THE ONES FORMALLY AND CULTURALLY ACCEPTED AS BUDDHISTS (dudes in orange robes)
>>
File: 1.jpg (181KB, 830x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
181KB, 830x1136px
Wandereth about, destitute of Thy Spirit:
She seeketh to escape from the bitter chaos,
But knoweth not how to pass through.
For this cause send me, O Father!
I will go down holding the Seals,
I will pass through all the Æons;
I will reveal all the mysteries;
I will manifest the forms of the gods; ‡
And the hidden secrets of the holy way
I will teach, giving unto them the name of GNOSIS.'
>>
>>19566894
Yourself fuck
Stop acting like Yoda,

21? You're either a retard or a 12 years old. Lol xD :o
>>
>>19571575
got cha
>>
>>19561858
Stick something up your butt and jack off.
>>
File: KEK.jpg (15KB, 222x222px) Image search: [Google]
KEK.jpg
15KB, 222x222px
There are many paths, but the least dangerous of these paths all begin with more meditation.

If you want some dangerous paths to enlightenment you should do a shit ton of psychedelics.
>>
I reached the enlightenment the moment I conclude that I will never get a gf.
>>
>>19571836
kek, but you can have a sweet boyfriend.
>>
>>19571519
Was I wrong? Where do you work? My inner demons are all gainfully employed atm. Just sayin'- it's easy to delude yourself into thinking you "love all" if you never have to interact with any difficult people day after day. I'm trying to help your practice. Do you love me still?
>>
>>19571532
Downloading stuff does not make you a solitary realizer. The Dalai Lama- THE DALAI LAMA- does not consider himself to be a buddha. Do you think an arhat wonders if he's an arhat?
>>
Enlightenment isn't learned, it's not something you can attain through books, teachers, or studies; enlightenment is experienced.

Learning about enlightenment simply reveals a path to enlightenment, but it is not enlightenment itself.

Even if one has an intellectual grasp of what enlightenment is, one is not enlightened until one experiences it for oneself.
>>
i'm in the willingness tier. 310.
>>
>>19564960
>good teacher
>dalai lama

you'd be better off doing hallucinogenic drugs randomly
>>
>>19573056
I definitely trust you over the dalai.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.