[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I induce sleep paralysis? I wanna see some spooky shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4706.jpg (15KB, 170x208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4706.jpg
15KB, 170x208px
How do I induce sleep paralysis? I wanna see some spooky shit.
>>
Some people just don't get it, but to increase your chances

1. Lay flat on your back
2. Let the idea of fear and sleep paralysis take over your mind
3. Should be 1 but no drugs if you're coming off weed, xans, alchohol, anything you won't be able to experience it because it hurts your sleep pattern.
4. Go to sleep
5. Maybe have sleep paralysis
>>
>>19561695
Just Lucid dream
>Imagine as vividly as you can the experience you want,imagine every single detail.
>when you go to bed, keep imagining and do not stop
>your body will itch (face or leg etc)
>ignore it, and do.not.move, just ignore and go to sleep
(thats literally your body checking if you are awake)
>When you fall asleep, you will be in the imagined scenario, but not lucid yet.
>you HAVE to figure out your inside a dream
(weird physics, words changing on paper, clocks with 5 hands, giant rabbits etc)
>once you realise you are in a dream, you must control your excitement
(sudden thoughts will wake you)
Now throw away your kikebox and play any game your heart desires for 8 hours a day
>Thank me

watch horror before you sleep and freak yourself out for a spoopy nightmare
>>
>>19561718
Is right, maybe >>19561705 has done it as well.
The method that has helped me induce lucid dreaming (sleep paralysis is like one half-step below this):
When going to bed, lie on your back with your arms flat to your sides.
Do not move at all, do not itch, do not turn, nothing, and try to stay awake with your eyes closed. Basically, the way I understand this part, is that you're trying to convince your brain that you are physically asleep while also still retaining some amount of consciousness when you drift away.
So, for sleep paralysis, do the lying still method for as long as you can and go from there. It's going to take like 30-40 minutes of just laying there without falling asleep. Without having a trigger like "I'm in a dream" or checking your watch twice, maybe you'll get to sleep paralysis right before the lucidity.
>>
>>19561695
Look up the time it takes to get into REM, have a sitter nearby with a timer. Once it reaches whatever you studied have your sitter wake you up while in REM.
>>
>>19561705
I find it really uncomfortable to sleep on my back though
>>
>>19562149
I find that when im very tired (6pm the day after an all-nighter) ive fallen asleepon the couch and just randomly woke up in a Lucid state.

mfw: your waifu is as real as you are

obviously, you can be non-neet and spend your time well, i learned to get over a fear of speaking in public, play drums etc.

tip: in your dream, if your imagination runs dry literally scream "SHOW ME GLORY!" or something similar, then weep in awe of the complexity of your own mind, it is indescribable

other ideas:
>go into an art gallery of yours (randomly generated art work)
>http://mentalfloss.com/article/66007/15-songs-came-dreams
>learn a fighting style
>fly to the edge of the universe and see whats outside (epic, and terrifying
>summon your guardian spirit
(mines hilarious and terrifying at the same time)

small piece of chocolate or banana seems to help me become lucid (might be the aftertaste linking the two worlds)

There are 7 types of Time in dreamworld, as the Aboriginals tell us, but apparently only 5 or 6 people on earth know all 7
>>
How do I ignore the itches and urges to swallow?
>>
I get sleep paralysis EVERYTIME i sleep on my back. I havent slept on my back since 2009. This has resulted in extreme chest pains due to the pressure on my xhest every night
>>
>>19561695
Take this from someone that has sleep paralysis and all kind of paranormal experience while in it. Dont be stupid. YOU DONT WANT TO HAVE SLEEP PARALYSIS STUPID FUCK!
>>
>>19562597
lewd
>>
>>19561695
hey op, i once spent a whole night watching a movie, i was soo tired, i went to the bed and as i closed my eyes i'd start to feel strange things, hearing voices, seeing images or short scenarios, numb parts of my body or my mouth moving. I DO NOT reccomend you sleep deprivation as it has very bad effects of your health. What I would recommend you is, wake your self up with an alarm after a couple hours of sleep, spend like 10-15 mins doing something else preferably not something intense like looking at a screen, try to trick your mind that you want to fall asleep do not think that you have to stay awake but always keep that little awareness, shortly after you should start feeling signs of your body falling asleep once you're there you can choose to just observe what's happening, or you can also imagine yourself getting out of your body and start looking around. Sounds simple but takes a lot of practice, if you are determined i am sure that you will suceed.
>>
>>19561695
>I wanna have ancient beings that can exert complete control over me to rape my ass
>>
>>19561695
You have to stay completely still and not open your eyes. But sometimes your body will move itself automatically just like you breathe automatically and when that happens just let it happen.
>>
>>19562837
This. Your body will experience a bunch of twitches and itches as a test to see if you're awake. You MUST ignore these and remain flat on your back and as still as a board. You'll then hear the rustling noises and that's when the game begins. Good luck anons.
>>
Hi
>>
>>19561695

Try to sleep around 12-1pm don't need to lay on your back just be in a dark place with no sounds (no fans turned on or anything), for some reason it doesn't happen at night with me.
>>
Apparently you can fall asleep with your eyes open in complete darkness, try that
>>
>>19562607
You probably have sleep apnea or an obstructed airway. My nasal passages were blocked from a sport injury. When I got them fixed and properly opened my weekly sleep paralysis stopped.

I always got it when I was exhausted from uni, very stressful. I'm glad it hasnt happened since the surgery.
>>
I've been wanting to do this too, as to get it over with.

I used to have it once every 3 months. It's pretty terrifying, you really feel it.

I don't know, I feel like if I got it over with I wouldn't feel the way i do now. Also I like thrills so...
>>
File: 1498709240270.jpg (13KB, 258x225px) Image search: [Google]
1498709240270.jpg
13KB, 258x225px
it happens if i use anesthetic drug for too long and stop abruptly. pcp, and to a lesser extent, ketamine. a couple days of insomnia and tremors, followed by very rough, patchy sleep, which often involves a lot of sleep paralysis, and VERY intense, bizarre dreams. other less easily described states of half wakefulness occur as well. it isn't withdrawal like most drugs, like ethanol/bzd, or opiate/opioid, but dissociatives are very complex drugs, and it is a huge adjustment period. you can expect to experience sleep paralysis frequently for about a week.
>>
File: Shadow.png (227KB, 584x389px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow.png
227KB, 584x389px
>>19561695
I used to suffer from this. Don't try to induce it.

Something in your brain gets screwy and all you can feel is fear. Maybe has something with literally being paralyzed to the point where only your eyes and essential organs seem to wanna work.

The brain reacts in a way that just disorients you and you feel like your are going to die.

Like having some primal instinct activated you never knew you had. Nor wish to know that you ever did.
>>
The lying still method really works, it fucked me up for years, I had so many paralysis' I wounded up screaming in the middle of the night, not sure why you want to fuck up your sleeping routine like this but whatever.

If you want to take this trip, start by taking a moment a few times day to check your surroundings. Are things normal? Can you remember where you were 5 mins ago? What did you do yesterday? If you do this regularly, you will find that 29/30 times you will find that everything seems to be ok.

However, because you do this a few times a day, you WILL do it when you are in a dream and find that things are not normal, you will realise you must be dreaming.
>>
While I don't seem to get sleep paralysis hallucinations, I did suffer the other effects when sick with mono, particularly when napping or falling asleep inadvertently (riding in cars and dozing off, etc). I don't seem to experience it at all anymore, but have found that napping, particularly going back to sleep after waking up, produces the most abstract and intense dreams while giving me the best shot at lucidity.
>>
>>19564866
Yeh I hate it. I've never seen anything but the feeling of not being able to move at all is the worst.

It happened a lot when I was a kid and I found it terrifying, I get it every once in a while as an adult and I've found I can somehow 'throw' my body out of that state, like I'm fighting between dying and living.

Fuck.that.shit
>>
>>19564866
I mean it's freaky, but it's not like "new emotion in addition to fear" levels of freaky.
>>
>>19561695
Eat some spicy stuff before bed,or eat alot.that usually works
>>
Well if you just want see crazy shit try astral projection. I once went to a chocolate factory with the teenage mutant Ninja turtles and fought off an army of golgothans (think that's the right spelling) on a cat walk over vats of molten chocolate
>>
File: IMG_2132.png (551KB, 558x515px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2132.png
551KB, 558x515px
>>19561695

Read this desu

https://www.amazon.com/Out-Body-Experiences-Have-Expect/dp/1571746994

>read the book
>finally git gud at catching myself falling asleep
>float out of body
>look around room
>everything seems to be in order
>look at my own body in the bed
>get giddy about it
>get sucked back into body

Shits real desu, just takes practice and more willpower than you think. You cant just be about to go to bed and think "oh wait Im gonna try and astral project"

Haven't been able to do it since, mainly because its A LOT easier when napping during the day...I literally never nap so I havent tried past then since I convinced myself it was real anyways.
>>
File: 1503507769926.jpg (14KB, 563x563px) Image search: [Google]
1503507769926.jpg
14KB, 563x563px
>>19565728
Same here except i read this book
https://www.amazon.com/Astral-Dynamics-Out-Body-Experiences/dp/1571741437/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1504943221&sr=8-2&keywords=astral+dynamics+by+robert+bruce

Still going to check out that book though.
>>
Guys I think I'm being haunted tonight. I keep getting sleep paralysis every time I start to fall asleep, which is fine on its own. It happens sometimes. The problem is I keep having these consistent and terrifying auditory hallucinations of a little girl screaming at the top of her lungs, sounding like something like a cross between a banshee and SpongeBob SquarePants laughing. I hear her footsteps getting closer and her scream getting louder as she runs up to my bedroom door, then she bangs on the door a few times, then runs back. This has happened 3 times in a row as soon as I start falling asleep. It's almost like there's a little cunt of a demon getting annoyed that I keep accidentally barging into her realm. Well fuck her honestly, I'm not doing it on purpose.

Also yeah, I had way too much jalapeƱo pepperoni pizza before bed tonight.
>>
I had some wicked Ass dreams after smoking this wax hash shit my brother got in a California clinic. All it took was a tiny bit of that shit and holy shit. Straight Knocked my dick right in the dirt I tell you what man. I passed out hard after floating around my trailer in a dreamlike state eating anything I could find this went on for a few hours. Now I only smoke pot once or twice a year when my brother visits with his fancy clinic treats And yes I'm an admitted lightweight. I Already get goofy as fuck when it comes to smoking a joint So obviously this wax hash shit was way too strong for me.Well all that silliness set aside maybe give it a try and see if you can achieve those lucid dreams.
>>
the best way to generate nightmares it to eat chocolate and take 5-HTP before bed
>>
Used to have sleep paralizis but it was thanx to an entity ... can't honestly imagine why someone will ever want this shit??

Anyway ... wet dreams are much more fun imo.
>>
>>19561695
Only time I ever had sleep paralysis was when I was sick from having strep and barely ate. I lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time and was generally in a bad spot. I've also lucid dreamt a fair amount of times for someone who doesn't practice doing it so that may be a factor.
>>
Get some nicorette, go to sleep with it pressed against your gums.

You'll either have fucked up super-vivid dreams, or sleep paralysis as the nicotine suppresses REM sleep.
>>
>>19561695
>lie on your back
>don't move

It's that easy but it takes some time.
>>
why would you want it?

i have had it before and it feels fucking weird
>>
>>19561695
I hate hearing all of the role players here. I've had reoccurring sleep paralysis since I was 6-7. Sleep paralysis doesn't always mean spooky weird shit like you might think; in reality you might just be stuck on your bed imagining a possum is sitting in your closet. I do suffer from regular sleep talking and I frequently sleep walk unless my spouse catches me before I get out of bed. Sleep paralysis has, for me, always come about if I forced myself to sleep while keeping my metabolism running high.

How to do it...
>drink a regular serving of NyQuil
>right before you fall asleep drink a full glass of ice water
>take some valerian root for good measure

As long as your metabolism is still running high and your body is constantly pushing you to get up for the bathroom you shouldn't have a problem eventually hitting the sweat spot.

Please don't listen to the role players. It's not some transcendent experience, you might just be stuck alone in your bedroom for a few hours having half-assed fever dreams that you'll forget in the morning.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.