[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Afterlife Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: Grim-Reaper.jpg (31KB, 615x410px) Image search: [Google]
Grim-Reaper.jpg
31KB, 615x410px
what do you think happens after you die? pretty common thread but you can never talk about this enough.
>>
everything except nothing
>>
>>19561044
Either we go to Hades or

Blackness until we are raised on Judgement Day.
>>
>>19561044
The time after we're dead will (probably) be the same as the time before we were born: nothingness.

Make the most of your life.
>>
>>19561044
most likely you will "experience" nothingness, as it was before your birth.
At least i hope.
Any kind of eternal consciousness sounds like hell to me.
>>
>>19561071
You are no doubt eternal but the next life is also probably a lot easier if it's immortal.
>>
File: 1494095620430.jpg (30KB, 456x402px) Image search: [Google]
1494095620430.jpg
30KB, 456x402px
>>19561071
>>
>>19561044
Impossible to know. Nothingness cannot be perceived or rather you can't perceive anything so not even a pitch black empty space will be seen or felt, the only "reasonable" answer is that conciousness travels to another body.
>>
you will go to where you think about at death
like relatives, jesus/god, doing drugs in hell

how do I know? I don't.
>>
I'll tell you exactly what happens

You experience heaven and hell. If you didn't believe in God at the time of death you get sent straight to hell but if you are smart enough to realize that everything is one and you can be forgiven, then you call out his name and ask for him earnestly. You get a rebirth to try again in the physical body but you must remember why you were given a second chance. If you remember and thank god each day and stick with him and never abandon him, then at your second time of death you immediately get sent to heaven with no worries and ascend. However, if you don't learn from your mistakes the second time around, you stay in hell for eternity being forever driven to insanity with no way out and you must live through it each second. It is basically like living except you don't die this time and there is no redemption for you. I've felt the pain, it is like if you were to slice a nerve but it never heals, you constantly have it bothering you and the pain only intensifies or stays the same but never goes away.
>>
the reaper cuts your silver cord, when you are forced from your physical body (physically die) and takes you where you "need" to go
>>
File: 2QK4wgt.jpg (169KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
2QK4wgt.jpg
169KB, 500x667px
>>19561044

Eternal torture for your sins.
>>
Who else /reincarnation/ here?
Most of us are going to end up cockroaches in our next life.
>>
After death, Judgement. You either have eternal life or eternal punishment
>>
File: ho77nxG.jpg (66KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
ho77nxG.jpg
66KB, 750x500px
I think you return to the collective conscious/unconscious that is the universe.

Everything is just alright all the time and it's pretty comfy
>>
File: 1359229353774.png (7KB, 389x255px) Image search: [Google]
1359229353774.png
7KB, 389x255px
>first memory is a slit wrist
>weird ass segmented memories after that
>also remember jumping around from trees to trees before jumping into my four years old self and then acting like everything is normal despite no prior memories before that

Honestly, i think you just go into another body. Except you don't remember shit, it's like when you try to recall your dreams but you can't remember shit
>>
>>19561498
hahahahahahahaha what a meme
>>
>>19561821
Your previous life was a suicidal monkey
>>
>>19561044
Infinite nothingness.
>>
>>19561853
>:( it is not meme, it truth
>>
>>19561853
>:( don't you belieb?
>>
>>19561896
no there is stuff and things but i mean not every one is going to be imprisoned in a alabaster coffin and have to break out and not every one will sleep under the oceans eternally

kinda like how not every one is born into a wealthy family or win the lottery
>>
>>19561582
Beautiful picture
>>
>>19561044
We rez that is all.
>>
>>19561044

lack of self consciousness just as same as before born.
>>
>>19561044
I know something happens, but I have no clue what.

I tend toward either nirvana or reincarnation, not because I'm a hippy, but because I wouldn't want to be me for eternity.
>>
In my vision I found peace after death walking the chilly ice caves without no feelings other than sweet melancholy and tender cold. Everything had a blue tint.
Im sure it was hell.
Perhaps due to me being a luciferian I was reincarnated behind the walls of antarctica which is a barier between our world and theirs....
>>
At death your soul advances to the next plane of existence. Bad people descend to a lower level for a while. Good people ascend to a higher level for a while. Then the memories are erased and the soul is returned to "Earth" to experience life again and continue learning until it can advance to a high enough plane of existence to continue "living" as an energy / spiritual being.

The soul continues advancing and increasing its vibration until it approaches the God level. At that point it's broken apart and sent back to the lower levels to continue the pattern of living and learning.

There's no true Heaven or Hell, but rather higher and lower planes of existence.

This goes hand-in-hand with meditation and astral projection.
>>
>>19561070
>The time after we're dead will (probably) be the same as the time before we were born
Go back to r.eddit.
>>
>>19561205
>resents atheists for making him doubt his comforting fantasies
>>
>>19562594
How can you "continue" learning if your memories are erased?
Also, your memories are you, so if you reincarnate, it might as well be a completely different person. What exactly carries over? what makes one soul different from the next?
>>
>>19562630
who made you an expert
>>
>>19562630
Not who you're replying to but...
Personality could carry over without any sort of knowledge carrying over. Empathy, sympathy, extroversion/introversion, general intelligence.

Not everything is learned. Also, it sounds more like he is imagining dying as a chance to "prestige" like in CoD, so you restart, but on a higher plane.
>>
>>19562649
What isn't isn't learned you get genetically from your parents.
>>
>>19562661
As far as you know. Why are you so sure of that? Why can't it come from a "soul"? Show me conclusive evidence that everything is either nature or nurture.
>>
>>19562674
Science tells us our personality comes from our parents. Do you think that's completely false?
I'm not sure of anything, thats why i'm asking questions
>>
>>19562705
>science tells us
Science doesn't tell you anything, you're not a scientist. Scientists tell you that it's possible certain personality traits are inherited. We don't currently know if it all comes down to genetics and environment. Even scientists are not sure about where personality and consciousness come from. We may figure it out in the near future, but right now, we are still in the dark making guesses.
>>
>>19562630
The memories aren't necessarily you, but experiences (love, loss, caring, humility, etc.) that you experienced in this world. Some people are able to remember past lives through hypnosis or dreams. In every single one of those cases, that person "lived" as a completely different person, but yet they were able to recall specific details from that past life, as if they were there in person. Sometimes those people have some of the same characteristics and traits as the person from a past life.

It's all part of the soul's journey to a higher plane of existence.
>>
>>19562720
Adding on to this, if personality does come from something beyond genetics and the physical environment, we will by definition never discover it if we keep autistically searching all the places that it doesn't come from.
>>
>>19561044
everything we are is our brain functions. someone with Alzheimers or brain damage isn't a functional person trapped behind the disease
those parts of them no longer exist. so when the entire brain ceases to function, everything that is you is gone forever.

everything else is just placebo people create because they refuse to accept that life is a one pump chump
>>
>>19562852
past life is a hilarious hoax
drama can be so vivid as think they're real until we wake up. so why do we think a hypnotic hallucination can't be just s vivid unless it's omg so realz

is all as completely made up as near deaths "seeing" heaven
>>
Lemme kill myself real quick just to see where we go
>>
>>19561070
>>19561066
>>19561205
>>19561488
>>19561498
False all false kill yourselves fucking DO IT
>>
You die and then that's it.
>>
>>19561044
I think what may happen is you experience nothingness for an undetermined amount of time until you either come back as someone completely new or a bug. there's nothing in physics that says you simply can't experience the world again, minus any memory of your previous life.
>>
>>19561498
I think it's just eternal oblivion not being tortured...
>>
>>19562554
But you were content there?
>>
>>19561044
You case to exist for an indeterminate amount of time until your personality and memories are spontaneously recreated from random fluctuations in the entropy of the universe after heat death, at which point your mind becomes a universe.
>>
>>19562594

This

it's what Yeshua really taught
>>
>>19562903
no
>>
When you die, you'll probably not even know you are dead. It will be an incomprehensible nothingness.

I'm sure it's probably very uncomfortable right up to the last moment which is supposedly comforting and profound.
>>
File: 440px-Epica_design.jpg (57KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
440px-Epica_design.jpg
57KB, 440x440px
read the Tibetan Book of the Dead and the Bhagavad Gita - Eknath Easwarren version.

also my spelling sucks
>>
The void devours your soul and you return to primordial nonexistence
>>
>>19564894
>This
/thread

As they say you can't experience nothingness, and no state is eternal. A state where the Universe rips you back into existence exists. I hope I wake up surrounded by really cute Catboys. They warm my heart.
>>
>>19561044
I think reptilian aliens come to harvest your soul, but in your mind you see them as angels or devils or whatever you may expect to see when you die. They take your soul and ... I don't know? Eat them I think.
>>
>>19565714
>Let me eat a vague metaphysical object that holds no nutritional value
>>
>>19565714
Eating is wrong, consuming the energy is better.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.