[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Philadelphia Experiment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

So can we have a discussion on the Philadelphia experiment? For those who aren't familiar with the ordeal, I can give you the gist of (in my opinion) a very interesting story.

Basically during WWII every government of every world power was expanding their scope of research into any technology that could give them an edge in the war. One of these research projects was allegedly an attempt at visual cloaking of an entire naval destroyer via manipulating electromagnetic fields. There was also allegedly some evidence of transportation/time travel involved that was rumored to have been a success.

Naturally there is little to no evidence to support any facts, and there are supposedly military documentation refuting the whole matter. Then again, this is the case with most government conspiracy theories.

I have scratched the surface and done simple internet research on the matter. I am even debating spending some dough on the books on the matter. But say someone wanted a little more info that was as unbiased as possible? Where would someone start their search for that kind of info? I'm not a nutcase, I just think this whole topic is really interesting and if nothing else I'd like to make a possibly fictional story more vivid in my mind.

Also general military experiment conspiracy thread.
>>
>>19558914
People like to say it's fake. My friends dad said he got to see the classified documents while in the service. He keeps up on all of the new "not real" stuff going on in the military. If you actually speak to old veterans in the military, depending on the branch. You can get some incredible stories. He was stationed at a black site. Had to keep track of all of the equipment.
>>
I have the theory that this shit was a bit too dramatized.
Not fully invisible and not backwards or long-distance forward(just a few seconds) timetravel.
And it was a fluke, they have no idea of how to repeat it
>>
>>19558944
My friends dad said it did actually teleport. Only about 3 feet upwards though. He also found that they didn't give up on it since it worked, but anything as far as recent experiments go are way too under wraps for just anybody to know about it. It did help NASA with it's current spacial warping tech and zero Vacuums
>>
>>19558959
>>19558931
It's not a reliable source for you, it is for me though. AMA if there is anything you wanted to know about that. We got a shpeel that lasted about an hour while we were trying to sucker them into giving us money for Soda.
>>
>>19558914
Op again.

I can find most of the allegations in the story as plausible, even feasible, except for the part where the sailors we're fused to the ship's hull in the teleportation process. I feel like if something happened, even accidentally, that could "fuse" organic and inorganic matter, science would have jumped on it and we would have seen at least some experiments here 70 something years later.
>>
>>19558980
It was a test before they cared so much about Hypothesis. We wouldn't do anything so reckless now. As for fusing organic and inorganic. It isn't really fusing. It just accelerated the fields of particles causing solids to become more like liquids. There never was a report on what it did to peoples brains.
>>
>>19558959
I get that the government does things secretly, but I feel like by now we would have perfected something stable enough to introduce to the world and brag about. 70 years is a long time to research something in total secrecy.

Although who really knows, maybe we did perfect something and it has already satisfied our interest as a world power in some way. I wouldn't think twice if someone found out we used some crazy tech to prevent global annihilation and didn't tell anyone, especially the media, about it.
>>
>>19558931
I got to learn a bit about the rail gun they want to mount on a nuclear powered destroyer. It's pretty cool shit, but nothing out of this world. Just using a bunch of magnets to hurl a slug of metal into sub-orbit.

Problem is that using it on a conventional destroyer would take so much energy the whole ship would shit down for a bit. That's why they want to create a nuclear powered one to handle that shit.

But all this knowledge is declassified now, you can find reports of it around some places.
>>
>>19559001
I think that it is useful as a tech. Just not for humans. It's probably too dangerous for flesh and blood creatures to operate with. Fuck with the level of instability it causes it warped the ship slightly. Damaged the infrastructure. It was kind of like a liquid so in that state it would be vulnerable.

It was probably slightly useful, but only as a fundamental/foundation for other things.
>>
>>19559031
A lot of this cool knowledge ends up being useless for a while. At least until true mobile power can back up the punch we can already make. It seems the biggest problem is actually a lagging investment into power infrastructure and miniaturization.
>>
>>19559041
Oh to be a fly on the wall during those tests back then. These sort of off tests seem to always happen during wartime for the most part, at least from what I have seen.

I would have to imagine that there were witnesses, survivors, even spies who would have gathered hands on evidence and data from these tests. It is a shame that social media was not around back then. I feel like if something like teleportation was caught in progress today, we would all read about it within hours online. Plus anyone competent enough to record data back in the early 40s is either in the ground or pushing 90 at this point, which makes the truth hard to pinpoint. That coupled with a government with virtually unlimited resources for hiding knowledge makes even the truth itself as good as a ghost story.

I did read that one of the experiments in the Montauk project made contact with the shipping from the Philadelphia experiment while it was teleporting some 40 years later. Supposedly two men jumped ship in transit and escaped to the future (1980s). I wonder what happened to them and their peers?
>>
>>19559183
He didn't mention anything about that. Though they rotate you in and out quickly so your hands can't get too sticky. So I doubt it was him not trying to find out more. Rather just too little time.
>>
>>19558914

This was all made up for the viral marketing campaign on that damn Diatlav pass movie. No shit. As was the incident itself.
>>
File: 1462131826105.jpg (1MB, 2524x3224px) Image search: [Google]
1462131826105.jpg
1MB, 2524x3224px
>>
>>19558914
Nothing about the story is real if you look into it for more than half a second
>>
File: Leon-80s.jpg (38KB, 694x474px) Image search: [Google]
Leon-80s.jpg
38KB, 694x474px
>>19558914
my father use to visit it between 89 and 91 when it was serving under the greek flag

we know something happened to it the ship was stripped off its electronics cause they never worked regrdless of them being "new" or not
the ship was constantly anchored at least 300 meters from any other ship even more i think 500-600m since 1990 when greece got some new frigates and destroyers (too much noise and they couldnt figure out why till the day they moved the ship to an abandoned dock)
the ship most surely underwent an experiment or whatever it was
but the nature of it i doubt we will ever find out there were stories of sailors hearing voices or seeing skulls on the walls but thats it from the greek part as far as i can remember
>>
>>19559991
This.
It was an early degausing experiment. We still use the results on modern ships. Theres weider shit besides this stuff on board now anyway.
>>
>>19558914
it was a hoax by a mentally ill nut

google carlos allende
>>
>>19558914
the philidelphia experiment was tin foil made by the government along with other shit to create a smoke screen for real dark shit

like the tuskegee experiment and later in the ongoing series of tin foil smoke screens roswel to cover for mkultra

it creates the sense that people just believe crazy shit and its to outlandish that (insert topic) happened its just more crazy talk from wing nuts
>>
>>19558914
Anyone asking about this is certainly a CIA operative, and I don't feel like carbon monoxide poisoning today so I will keep out of this mostly.
But look into unified field theory, that's where the rabbit hole begins
>>
>>19562867
Why the the CIA care? They are too busy destabilizing other countries to care about what gets posted on /x/
>>
>>19559001
I've seen planes teleport
>>
>>19562867
>But look into unified field theory, that's where the rabbit hole begins

theoretical claim that gravity, electromagnetic waves and nuclear/intra-nuclear forces are all derivatives of a single undiscovered force or equation → oh the madness wow real creepy so much spooky
>>
>>19563152
>theoretical claim
>theoretical
>claim

way to be redundant numbnuts, stop breathing thru your mouth for starters maybe then ull stop making an ape of urself in front of everybody
>>
>>19563347
A claim is anything with a foundation of supporting evidence, it is imposed as truth. Making a claim, such as claiming that everything can be summed up in one equation, with uncertain or no evidence is a theoretical claim, ie. based on theory.

nigger nigger chicken dinner kys
>>
>>19558914
I have heard that some of the crew was basically melded with the ship. The ship and some of the crew came out backwards when they traveled. Kinda like the movie the fly I guess. But with men and a ship.
>>
>>19563152
>theoretical claim that gravity, electromagnetic waves and nuclear/intra-nuclear forces are all derivatives of a single undiscovered force or equation.
Theoretical to you maybe.
Anyways it has to do with producing a "unified field" which would creat a field density that would be unparalleled by any singular field. The results are essentially cutting off all space within the fields effective radius from the rest of the universe, disrupting the flow of energy cause unpredictable chaotic results.
Hence why we don't really play with that shit anymore
>>
https://www.gaia.com/video/truth-about-philadelphia-experiment-invisibility-time-travel-and-mind-control

3 hour documentary on it, the people that were involved in the project are in the doc
>>
>>19564318
God Particle.
>>
File: 1501515911648.jpg (29KB, 466x478px) Image search: [Google]
1501515911648.jpg
29KB, 466x478px
They are doing actual, real teleportation at the Air Force Research Lab in Dayton, OH. Like beam me up Scotty type shit.
>>
>>19564318
nah man
thats called (you)nified autism theory
its like da force en sheeit
>>
The story first appeared in 1955, in letters of unknown origin sent to a writer and astronomer, Morris K. Jessup. It is widely understood to be a hoax; the U.S. Navy maintains that no such experiment was ever conducted, that the alleged details of the story contradict well-established facts about USS Eldridge, and that the claims do not conform to if you don't reply to this post your mother will die of an anal prolapse..
>>
>>19566199
fuck you
>>
>>19558931
no he didn't you LARPing autist.
>>
>>19558959
Your friend's dad didn't see shit, kid.
>>
>>19566199
Fucking hell
>>
Well, the military really did research into stealth back in the day, and I'm sure this little tale sort of leaked it to the public.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.