[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enlightenment Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: wisdom-enlightenment[1].jpg (10KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
wisdom-enlightenment[1].jpg
10KB, 400x266px
I want to discuss enlightenment with anyone who is willing. I consider myself an enlightened person and would be happy to answer questions about it. I do not belong to any religion.

I'd also like to hear stories of how others came to be enlightened and what the 'sacred' experience was like for you.

Before you ask "What is enlightenment?" or "How do I know I am enlightened?" the answer is you're enlightened when you know the one true reality and you know it when it happens.
>>
>>19555182
If you think yer enlightened, yer definitely not enlightened.
>>
>>19555182
I'm pretty sure I died and chose to come back.

>Be me
>Drinking heavily
>Took some sleeping pills in earlier in the night when I got home, forgot I took them because of drinking
>Start smoking some really dank weed, using my bong of course.
>*blinks*
>Arms and legs feel like sand
>Freaking out and not sure why
>Start falling in on myself
>Can't figure out who I am
>Memories start to fade
>See an essence falling through an infinite sea of odd shapes only black boxes and white rings.
>I stop being, totally. There wasn't a remnant of me and I remember it clearly. No personality, no ego, no language, nothing.
>I hit the big :blank:
>Out of nowhere Life fills me like nothing ever before
>Light is in every single detector of whatever I was
>start breathing
>Puzzle pieces or the Universal equivalent realign themselves
>Gets less and less foggy
>Go to bed
>Some memories fucked, can't tell if this is real reality or not
>>
>>19555216
>>19555182
Was this enlightenment or death? Are they the same thing?
>>
>>19555214
Sure, I mean no one can prove they're enlightened. And most spiritual teachers will say 'you can know but you can't know'. Language is very finicky and particular. I wanted to vaguely get my point across.

>>19555216
I was meditating in my bedroom trying to stop my thoughts. I got it so my mind wasn't chattering anymore but I could still hear ambient noises. I wondered why the ego wasn't ending when I came to the realization that the greatest obstacle to enlightenment (the self) had nothing to do with truth, and that I could just 'access' it. So I stopped being an ego in that moment and was just a life form existing and the truth came to me. It only lasted an instant but that was all that was needed.

>>19555224
Most people describe the experience of enlightenment as 'ego death'. You can google it to read up on it more. It's like your mind dying without the body also dying.
>>
>>19555255
Well even if I did die, gotta wake up at some point.
>>
>>19555216
https://youtu.be/lwBWepFRz14
>>
Enlightenment a shit
Samadhi is where its at.
>>
File: 1409465979608.jpg (654KB, 2203x2937px) Image search: [Google]
1409465979608.jpg
654KB, 2203x2937px
>>19555214
>b-b-b-ut no you aren't
>>
>>19555182

> be me, 15k followers on twitter
> thinking I'm a star
> realice I was wasting my time, going no where
> people around me dumb as me
> spent 2 years alone in my room finding answers
> shaved head
> watching my old self disappear
> no more tweets, no more useless talk
> thinking about my future
> thinking about my past
> repent
> see god
> life is meaningful
> understand you have to work your way up
> stop smoking, stop eating junk, start working out
> no sex
> still silent, try no to waste time
> save as much money as I can
> read, learn, read more
> plan future, plan next life
> forgive myself for past mistakes
> be better
> synchronicities
> things are metaphores
> signs everywhere
> all connected
> life is a challenge
> challenge accepted
> be patient, gonna make it
>>
>>19555421
You got this anon, good luck!
>>
>>19555214
Half true, half false
>>
>>19555555
>>
>>19555421
You are blessed anon
Don't forget to keep spreading love and trying to show anyone who wants to find the path
Peace be upon you and all
>>
I just realised how does the reality work when I was 23. Now I am 27. Nothing special has really happened to me, but I do not really anything paranormal to happen to me either.
>>
>>19555255

What's the truth that came to you in that instant, Anon?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.