[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MR ROBOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 62456274574.jpg (80KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
62456274574.jpg
80KB, 500x250px
does anyone unironically like this show? i heard some decent things so i decided to give it a try. it was pretty decent for the first couple of episodes, but quickly goes into full retard mode.

why is there so much forced diversity? seriously, have the writers ever met a hacker or even a typical computer science major? the good ones are pale, extremely skinny or extremely fat, and typically white or asian. pretty much the only believable character is Elliot's fat asian coworker. and seriously, they just drop an obvious muslim woman into the leet hacker group -- all of her scenes are completely awkward and serve no purpose. i can get over the need for good looking main characters, but they go over the top with this shit.

and what the fuck was that all about with Elliot's father? suddenly, he's a hallucination? never mind that he interacted with characters without Elliot even around. how fucking stupid.

it's like the writers literally threw dice to determine what bullshit they can inject into the story. will they EVER get a hacker movie or tv show done right?
>>
>>19554819
You'd be surprised how much hackers have mental disabilities or "animu" backstories, the lil IT dudes you see are the fatties or skinny white dudes with glasses. :P
>>
You don't get it.
You aren't seeing the show from your own PoV.
You see what Elliot sees and wants to believe at that precise moment.
By the way, don't give a fuck about them. Who matters is Angela.
>>
>>19554819
>it was pretty decent for the first couple of episodes, but quickly goes into full retard mode.
this.

christian slater spoiled it for me. also the obvious "it's your Sister" shit was obvious. I think i lasted until the end of S1 then quit.
>>
File: mrrobot_s2_cast_christian-slater.jpg (562KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
mrrobot_s2_cast_christian-slater.jpg
562KB, 2560x1440px
And by the way...
You'd be surprised about Mr.Robot
>>
>>19554819
how is this even remotely paranormal is beyond me

>muslim woman into the leet hacker group
hopefully her and fat friendo got offed by the dark army black guy
>>
File: MrNormie.jpg (68KB, 740x426px) Image search: [Google]
MrNormie.jpg
68KB, 740x426px
>>19554819
>Mr Normie

Its a show for normies. Before watching it I thought Elliot was gonna be an introverted loner hacker. Instead, hes a normies warped interpretation of a loner hacker. I dont know why I was expecting anything better.
>>
>>19554819
>unironically
Oh fuck off hipster
>>
Not /x/.
>>
Fight Club + The Matrix
>Prove me wrong
>>
>/tv/
>Saged
>Lurk more
>>19544638
>>
>>19555008
>>>/Reddit/
>>
>>19554819
>forced diversity
How is it forced? It takes place in New York, there's many different people working and living there, especially in the tech sector. As for Comp Sci Majors, most people in my class are Asian or Indian, I'm like one of the only white guys, the rest switched to economics. There's also a good amount of Muslim women in Comp Sci for whatever reason, so it didn't seem off to me. If you live in a small white town I can see how you wouldn't be used to this kinda shit but in big cities it's fairly normal.

As for his father, you need to keep watching the show to explain why some characters interact with him. Let me just say it's the same reason some characters interact with Tyler Durden in fight club.

Anyway yeah it sounds like you don't live in a big city, lots of immigrants are into comp sci because its the new meme
>>
Not paranormal and seems r e ddit tier. go back
>>
>>19554819

It's pretty much my life story without as much schizo.
>>
>>19554819
>forced diversity
Fuck off you stupid little cunt. Not everyone lives in a goddamn shack in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere, living an insignificant backwoods life that no one cares about, like you. This show takes place in NEW YORK CITY, where people ARE diverse, and no one gives a fuck because it's humanity. New Yorkers are afraid of minorities like fucking rubes like you. Kys you pathetic redneck cunt. you mean nothing, to NO ONE.
>>
>>19557244
*aren't
>>
>>19554819
I really enjoyed the first season, but I can honestly say that after I started the second season, I quickly lost interest.
>>
>>19554819
yes it's a terrible show, what's paranormal about that?
>>
>>19557244
Take a chill pill brah
>>
>>19554819
you are right but you're on the wrong board
>>
File: mike-matei-1[1].jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
mike-matei-1[1].jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>19554819
I can't even approach it because of Rami Ismael or whatever the main guy's name is. No matter what good things I'm told about the show, he just looks tired and gross.

There's a reason media doesn't represent "average" people. Most people aren't appealing, and many are repulsive. Looks do mean a lot when it's the first and only impression most people get.
>>
>>19557834
He's supposed to look tired and gross, he's a mentally depressed insomniac who does mophine
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.