[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reincarnation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: reincarnation4.jpg (133KB, 1017x552px) Image search: [Google]
reincarnation4.jpg
133KB, 1017x552px
What's the end goal of reincarnation? I'm always hearing people say that you need to free yourself of ego so you can opt out of existence, but to that I ask, why was I created in the first place? What's the point of bringing souls into the world just to make them struggle to stop existing?

Or is there a spiritual world that we live in and do stuff in after nirvana? If so, could the reincarnation cycle be a punishment for crimes committed in the spiritual world? Or are we just using the reincarnation cycle as a means for spiritual growth? Why does stripping yourself of personality and attachments to friends and family equal spiritual growth?

I know it might sound like I'm skeptical of reincarnation, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I think reincarnation is real, but I don't think it has any rhyme or reason to it like karma or spiritual growth. I think we're just the universe experiencing itself, but if anyone can enlighten me on the Hindu/Buddhist viewpoints, I would really appreciate it.
>>
>>19553314
>What's the end goal of reincarnation?
There is no end goal. It's a looping "time out" for the soul. It's detention for rebellious individuals, not a standard process for all life.
>why was I created in the first place?
You were never created. You are an eternal soul. No beginning, no end.
>What's the point of bringing souls into the world just to make them struggle to stop existing?
Souls are put under illusion when they attempt to use their free will to put themselves as the Center, the Enjoyer. We weren't put here, we chose to come here. When we are done trying to be the Enjoyer, there are many ways to get out.
>Or is there a spiritual world that we live in and do stuff in after nirvana?
With my tradition, yes. Mukti is simply the cessation of material activity. There is a higher plane wherein spiritual activity takes place.
>If so, could the reincarnation cycle be a punishment for crimes committed in the spiritual world?
It's not really a crime, it's an aberration. Imagine going to someone else's birthday party and wanting everyone to pay attention and lavish gifts on you. You wouldn't like the party, and the party wouldn't like you. But instead of punishment, there's this whole other room you can go in where everyone who wants the party to be all about them go.
>Why does stripping yourself of personality and attachments to friends and family equal spiritual growth?
You cannot swim if you insist on holding onto rocks. You hold onto these attachments because you derive pleasure through them - either directly or by using them to define your ego. It is not that abandoning the attachements makes you grow spiritually. It's that spiritual growth - increasing realization that you are NOT the Center, NOT the Enjoyer - washes away attachments built upon the temporary designations of matter.
>>
>>19553783
atman is brahman, my brother
>>
File: 1498927065922.jpg (22KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1498927065922.jpg
22KB, 384x384px
>>19553314
>I'm always hearing people say that you need to free yourself of ego
Nope. The only people who say that are trying to sell you something or they fell for the brainwash. The ego is a part of you, it's like an extension of the self, you have to learn to coexist with your ego. It's not about the end, but being at a point where you can control.
>>
>>19553859
Yes, and the source and support is Parabrahman, Paramatma.

>>19553860
The ego to be removed is the web of temporary identities we develop due to the body and mind. This is ahankara, false ego.
>a point where you can control
The desire to control is the very reason we are in the karmic cycle of birth and death.
>>
File: 1492051143107.jpg (456KB, 700x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1492051143107.jpg
456KB, 700x1500px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3yw6897F_A
>>
>>19553314
Life's a video game.
Eventually, you just want to stop playing and take a break.
However, there is no pause screen and you have to beat a bunch of shit before you can leave the game again. Because you chose the rules of the game before you joined then wiped your memory to make the game more immersive.
>>
File: 1504045471299.gif (645KB, 969x700px) Image search: [Google]
1504045471299.gif
645KB, 969x700px
>>19553940
>The desire to control is the very reason we are in the karmic cycle of birth and death.
That's wrong though. Control outside of one's self is to be left alone I'll give you that. Control within ones self is to be recognized through repeating life. A function within ones self is to be accepted as a part of the self. A sense of denial of one's self is the denial of God, God being the whole 9f everything.
>>
>>19554552
Sometimes you have to sin to win. Wanting something is completely different from needing things to play out so everyone can be happy.
>>
>>19554578
>Sometimes you have to sin to win.
Sure, but the interpretation of that is entirely subjective. Also, that leads to the moral question of "is evil acceptable for greater good".
>play out so everyone can be happy.
Everyone can't be "happy". Happiness and sadness doesn't exist. All that can be done is to allow others to choose their own destiny. They way you are speaking reminds me of the psychopaths/ elite who think their version of utopia is legitimate.
>>
>>19553783
>>19553859
PFFTT

Weak fags can't carry rocks while swimming

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AFUCKING RETARDS AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>19553314
You never stop existing. You continually move up the ladder until you reach Nirvana and become a being who helps others on their paths. There's always a higher level.
>>
File: 1427843894610.jpg (3MB, 4001x2387px) Image search: [Google]
1427843894610.jpg
3MB, 4001x2387px
>>19553314
Some info
https://youtu.be/E-N1ZAiNVwk?t=3151
>>
>>19554552
>Control within ones self is to be recognized through repeating life.
Control of what? There is no question of controlling the self because "you" are the self. For "you" to control the "self," they must be separate. The only independence atman has is to be aware of their eternal position, or to be deluded into thinking they are the center of everything. This is not a function so much as a realization and understanding. Part of that understanding is that the self does nothing. Atman is sat-cit-ananda, eternally aware/knowledgeable and blissful. The soul aware of their eternal position and essence - their sanatana-dharma - has these qualities inherently manifest. The soul under illusion has these qualities covered, and they manifest as the basis for desire. As Maya - the illusory energy - is temporary and ever-changing, a soul under Maya's influence manifests their three qualities in temporary, changeable ways. Everything else is under the control of Paramesvara, and Maya. And Maya serves Paramesvara.

Yes, we must control our mind and actions, and we must reawaken our pure identity. But first and constant and last is awareness. Atman directs identity directs intelligence directs desires directs the passive and active senses.
>A sense of denial of one's self is the denial of God, God being the whole 9f everything.
This is not stemming from Vedantic philosophies, correct? Advaita schools would ultimately deny the individual self, and Dvaita schools would disagree that God and God's energies are interchangeable.
>>19554652
The analogy breaks down, yes, but the imagery remains. What keeps us "trapped" in samsara is that we are holding onto it so tightly. Our literal attachments.
>>
>>19554662
You don't always move up. After all - at some point, somehow, you got down here. This is also a difference between some ideas on liberation and enlightenment, and the concept of transcendence. For this post, let's consider liberation the idea that there is a successive series of existences, with the end point being removal of the cycle of birth and death. A being on the "low" rung will have to go up the series (perhaps able to skip steps with extra good boy points) before being able to be liberated.

Transcendence, in contrast, is more an idea that the series doesn't go anywhere. That a being in this series has been going up and down and up and down for so long there's no point in tracing the history, and that there is no end achievable by walking the path. Instead, the way out is a "lateral" movement - off the series completely. This opens the possibility that a being can transcend from any point in the series, although it is understood that some environments are more conducive than others.
>>
>>19553314
>What's the end goal of reincarnation?
To be a thing that happens.
>>
>>19555000
Double trips confirm no such thing as reincarnation
>>
>>19555001
Wouldn't double trips only intensify the statement and instead confirm the truth of the matter?
>>
>>19553314
This might be the first good question I've ever seen here. Nice job.

I don't have any answers though. If I had to guess I'd say the point is the same as children. You don't want your kids to be as good as you or less. You want them to be better. It may hurt when they get smarter or have better insights but the end goal should be for them to rise above your place and not need you.

I'd like to think a higher power or whatever would be the same. Of course I don't believe in reincarnation or even any god but if I did that's the route I'd take.
>>
>>19554942
>Be me
>Drinking heavily
>Took some sleeping pills in earlier in the night when I got home, forgot I took them because of drinking
>Start smoking some really dank weed, using my bong of course.
>*blinks*
>Arms and legs feel like sand
>Freaking out and not sure why
>Start falling in on myself
>Can't figure out who I am
>Memories start to fade
>See an essence falling through an infinite sea of odd shapes only black boxes and white rings.
>I stop being, totally. There wasn't a remnant of me and I remember it clearly. No personality, no ego, no language, nothing.
>I hit the big :blank:
>Out of nowhere Life fills me like nothing ever before
>Light is in every single detector of whatever I was
>start breathing
>Puzzle pieces or the Universal equivalent realign themselves
>Gets less and less foggy
>Go to bed
>Some memories fucked, can't tell if this is real reality or not

Can one be reincarnated to the place they died? If so why?
>>
We come here to learn and experience. God gets bored being god
>>
>>19555001
That's not what he said you moron.
>>
>>19555361
The skeptic says you experienced a blackout. The optimist says take it as a drug-induced temporary experience of merging with the brahma-jyotish. A condition in Gaudiya Vaishnavism similar to Nirvana. For us, a condition that can last uncountable eons, but only so long as the soul remains completely without action or identity - neither material nor spiritual. It's considered ultimately untenable, a quantum state if you excuse the dangerous lean into pseudo-science. It is brahman realization, and the first step toward the inner relationships with the Absolute Truth.
>Can one be reincarnated to the place they died? If so why?
Not certain what you mean. Do you think you died, and reincarnated into the same body some time later? I think you should take this as a sign to focus on self-realization. Who are you? Where are you? What are you doing?
>>
>>19555413
>God gets bored being god
Tat tvam asi.
>You(subject) that(object) [equated] certainly.
"That, thou art" - the subject and the object are the same. Knowledge and the knower are Brahman. Here we agree. But Advaita and Dvaita schools diverge in seeing the relationship as temporary, or just the awareness of the relationship. Dvaita schools see the Eternal Whole and the eternal part - some teach complete distinction, some teach a "qualified distinction." But the relationship is eternal. There is no God without God's infinite energies - though they are the same as one defines the other. No king without a kingdom, no sun without sunshine. The Absolute Truth is not a static position, it is a dynamic dance of awareness and relationship. God is never bored as God is never alone - forever expanding God's infinite energies, of which include the infinite, infinitesimal souls. The atomic sparks of awareness reflecting the Infinite Fire of awareness through infinite relationships. Maya is not One fragmenting into Many. The Isopanishad starts with no matter how many divisions come from One, it remains One. Maya is that atomic spark contemplating its existence and going, "Yes. And I am the Center of All. I am God, and I should be the Enjoyer of existence."

>>19555590
Kinda true though. Karma is just the actions of the material energy. It's our delusion that we have anything to do with it, with these bodies, other than a vehicle to attempt to feel in control. Which leads to feeling joyful or miserable based on what deterministically happens according to the laws of physics in a universe's spacetime manifold. The bodies, the minds, the false egos - THEY are all shifting and migrating according to karma and are tied up together. The soul is transcendental to this. The only connection to the activities being the delusion that we are in control, that we want to be in control.
>>
>>19553314

It's New game+ for your soul. There is no reason to 'replay' dark souls, other than it's enjoyable.
>>
>>19553783
Damn nibba that shit sounds deep and you seem full of peace.

I'm struggling everyday with the idea and purpose of my own existence, could you recommend me some books?
>>
>>19553783
who is the Center and Enjoyer, then?
>>
>>19555747
Thank you. I do not feel wise or peaceful, but I am confident in the teachings of guru and the acaryas, and I have faith in the path of bhakti.

>could you recommend me some books?
Most of Gaudiya Vaishnava literature in English will be through Srila Prabhupada. Most of his books, translations, and commentaries can be found here
https://www.vedabase.com/books
but there are a lot of criticisms toward him and ISKCON due to aggressive preaching practices and trnslations that are heavily biased toward Dvaita philosophy. An alternative would be to look into literature from Gaudiya Math (a sister Vaishnava organization, or group of organizations). I think you might be interested in Bhaktivinode Thakur's Jaiva Dharma
http://www.purebhakti.com/resources/ebooks-a-magazines-mainmenu-63/bhakti-books/english/21-jaiva-dharma/file.html

>>19555831
The Supreme Person, the Infinite Potential, the Ultimate Independent, the Uncaused Cause of all. Gaudiya Vaishnava uses the name Krishna, the all-attractive.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.