[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Luck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 1426734716109.jpg (12KB, 300x307px) Image search: [Google]
1426734716109.jpg
12KB, 300x307px
that what we call luck must be some property of space, meaning there must be a physical phenomenon behind "luck". i have noticed for the first time that on a day-to-day basis the majority of your days will be in a luck-neutral space -just the same as the majority of matter is electrically neutral-, but on rare occasions you enter a negatively or positively charged "luck field". if you enter a negative field, these are the days where not only one thing goes wrong, but everything goes wrong that you touch. if a positive field goes through your location, you are gifted with a midas touch.
>>
it's just chaos. but chaos isn't inherently random, it is affected by every factor at the same time.

so positive actions always have a reaction, which is increasingly positive, but not totally. same with negatives. eg: you steal something from a store, the clerks now have a video feed of your face and the police are looking for you. there's is always the chance that they didn't record it and that you will get away with it (a positive) but since the action had a negative origin, the probability is that it will have a negative reacion (you get caught). this can apply to pretty much every action you make during the day.
>>
>>19541563
Luck is totally underrated. This run I rolled high luck, high agi, high int and my results are far better than id have imagined. Tanked my str stat at creation, but there are so many ways to increase that stat while leveling that it's really the best stat to tank. Couldnt bear to tank end tho - getting sick creates too much downtime imo.
>>
File: min int max luck.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
min int max luck.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>19541563
I guess that's a functional way to look at it. On a more detailed level though, Luck is probably just how we interpret the result at the end of an event chain, without understanding most of the events. The more aware you are of everything going on in the chain, the less presence Luck has. Imagine you planned to ignore a red light at an intersection and wanted to speed through the cars driving perpendicular to you. If you knew how fast you and everyone else was going, as well as the likelihood of the other drivers slamming the breaks, you would credit your success at evading everyone as skill, instinct, and knowledge--not Luck. That was just an example, but you might have been in a situation where others have said you were lucky while you knew the outcome all along. Your brain is getting better at this every day as you gather life experience. I assume that if we experienced everything in the universe for an unfathomable amount of time, our mind will know no more randomness and chaos. It will have an instinctive knowledge of past, present, future.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.