[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I overcome my fear of death? >pic slightly related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: 1503803715150.jpg (147KB, 948x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1503803715150.jpg
147KB, 948x1096px
How do I overcome my fear of death?

>pic slightly related
>>
>>19538772
You don't. It's coming whether you ignore it or not.
>>
>>19538822
/Thread
>>
File: 1496511625758.jpg (578KB, 1061x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1496511625758.jpg
578KB, 1061x1062px
Read the Tibetan Book of the Dead.
Take 1000mcg of acid and fuck a hooker or even 2.
Then you will realize that death is meaningless.
>>
>>19538772
Start hating life. Then death will be like a sweet dessert you can look forward to after years of misery.
>>
>>19538772
kek that picture
>>
File: #1 Chad.jpg (191KB, 1345x551px) Image search: [Google]
#1 Chad.jpg
191KB, 1345x551px
>>19538772

>How do I overcome my fear of death?

By developing fear of God. We're all going to die; we're not all going to heaven. Repent your sins and beleive in Christ and when you leave your body you will live forever
>>
>>19539720
Leaving your body via death is not the way to go. Stop fearing sin and God and start accepting that you are human capable of greater things that you can't imagine, be open minded believe open your self up to the possibilities That Youcan BE Super Too.
>>
Embracing my faith keeps me feelin fine about the idea of dying.
>>
File: CS Lewis Atheism.jpg (71KB, 720x481px) Image search: [Google]
CS Lewis Atheism.jpg
71KB, 720x481px
>>19539768

>stop fearing God

No thanks. The Bible says fearing God is the beginning of wisdom. He alone has the power to cast the soul into hell. Why fear anyone who can't put your soul into heaven or hell?
>>
>>19538772
By realizing that fearing it is pointless.
If you're ever in an emergency, ask yourself if panicking would improve the situation. The answer is always no. So don't.

Death is inevitable and universal. It comes to everything that lives. Stressing about it probably isn't going to win you another minute of time. It's liable, instead, to use up quite a few of the minutes you are allotted, and not pleasantly.

You're alive, so live. When it's your time to die, deal with it then. Basically, if you haven't just gotten a diagnosis of inoperable terminal cancer or Ebola, you have too much time on your hands.
>>
>>19538772
what are you afraid of?
>>
>>19539796
>hack author image
Opinion discarded. You may as well post L. Ron Hubbard inphografics.
>>
>>19538772
We reincarnate, quit being a bitch
>>
File: 2017-09-04 14.51.05.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-04 14.51.05.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>19538772
Read this anon ,highly recommended.
Had it for a year always read it before going to sleep.
>>
Cling to life with everything you have. You need your will to live more than you need anything in life. It is the very breath of the world to come.
>>
>>19542506
Will do. Thanks.
>>
>>19538772

Go meditate on death in a cemetery overnight with no lights on around you.
>>
>>19538772
>How do I overcome my fear of death?
When you get older than 14 the fear of death goes away. Most teens go through the 'fear of death' faze.

Just wait a few years, kid. It'll pass.
>>
>>19542803
>When you get older than 14 the fear of death goes away

Kek

Maybe if you're a feckless drifter with no ambitions in life. If you have real success though, you'll fear the loss of your existence bitterly. Never getting to wake up and greet the day again, ready to take on the challenges and opportunities is what makes me afraid of losing it all.

Maybe I would be more comfortable as an aimless wanderer with nothing worthwhile who has nothing to lose, but I prefer to think of it lile that old saying, 'better to live one day as a lion, than a hundred years as a rat.'
>>
File: The son of god returns.jpg (129KB, 800x538px) Image search: [Google]
The son of god returns.jpg
129KB, 800x538px
>>19539720
Amen Brother. Great image. Do not fear death, even when the beheadings come. We will have to make a choice, take the mark of the beast or be beheaded. I choose Jesus.
>>
>>19538772
accept it
>>
Practice your death. Think about death scenarios and imagine yourself boldly and admirably facing each one--the death you'd want to have.

I like to imagine bomb sirens going off and missiles hitting around me like London in WW2. I also imagine the engines going out on my airplane and enjoying the breathtaking view on the way down.
>>
>>19542857
wtf? just kys since u will die anyway. dummy.
>>
>>19538772
Think about the following:
It will be very shitty when it comes, so don't let it bother you in the mean time.
>>
>>19539796
>I can`t trust my mind enough to be an atheist
>But I can believe in God with the same mind
This is one of the biggest pseudo-deep crocks of shit I`ve ever read
>>
File: fat rat koon.png (1MB, 1239x712px) Image search: [Google]
fat rat koon.png
1MB, 1239x712px
>>19544339

>being so dumb you can't understand the logic of the image
>>
>>19544348
Not the one you are answering, but don`t defend this drivel.
>>
Somewhat related;

Recently I've been having a TON of deja vu. I've always had it. Unexplained flashes of "I've been here before." or "This is way too familiar" and I instantly know what is about to happen next.

Enough where I'd think about it every few months or so. Counted it off growing up as my brain just playing tricks. As I got older I realized it was some real super natural shit. I was literally reliving my life or seeing the future. SOMETHING was going on.

The past few months though. Every day is basically spent waking up from a dream about the day that's about to happen. At first I just rolled with it, avoiding small things like spilling coffee on my shirt or trying to make the yellow light and getting a ticket.

But now it's an every day thing. It started when I was pretty young. 8 or 9 probably. Happened like once a year or so. Then it became more common. Now it's daily. Almost like these are my most recent "memories".

I'll be honest guys, I actually think I'm dying "as I type this" and I'm essentially reliving my entire life in those few moments before death. Or maybe I know I'll die soon and I'm trying to WARN myself or something and I'm not making enough REAL changes to matter.

I'm kind of afraid of death too, because in the pit of my stomach I am certain that death is coming for me soon. Somehow. Some way.
>>
>>19538772
I'm scared too. I'm scared to fall asleep because I might die. How do you usually cope with it OP?
>>
>>19538772
I'm a 31 year old with a cholesterol over 230, I weight 96kg. I try to stay around people as long as possible because I feel that a heart attack will come any minute. Lonely nights are awful.

Sorry no clue on how to overcome that fear.
>>
>>19543519
When that war comes, I will enjoy tearing off your wings and eating your entrails. You blind Idiots and your cantankerous, spoiled child of a god.
>>
It's not dying that scares me (other than a violent, painful death) it's what happens after. I'm hoping nothing, but what if you're stuck in some kind of dream like state? Or just a endless black void?

Fuck that shit.
>>
>>19544465
If people want to post arguments that are so bad they actually bolster the opposition's case, the charitable assumption is that they're trolling (dicks rather than tards).
>>
>>19545489
>what if you're stuck in some kind of dream like state
Then eventually you'd figure out how to lucid dream, and eventually you'd get so involved in one that you'd forget that you were dreaming. And then your worry would have to be that THIS is that dream.

Go watch a whole bunch of Alan Watts videos on YouTube.
>>
>>19545509
Thanks, that's kind of reassuring. I'll look him up.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.