[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dream Naps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: lucid-dreaming.jpg (60KB, 602x338px) Image search: [Google]
lucid-dreaming.jpg
60KB, 602x338px
I can lucid dream every time I take a nap because I feel this sensation in my stomach and it will make me grab it in my dream and realize I am dreaming. Why does this happen?

The dreams are really fragile and I can slip out of it really easily. I just want to have a long dream, I've tried stabilizing it with the spinning and rubbing hands technique but it doesn't work.
>>
>>19537123
It's hard to explain but, as you are awake, you can stop where you are and feel the moment with no judgements or emotions at all and look around just to see what is around you. Then try to do the same but in the dream.
>>
>>19537161
What do you mean? Can you try to explain more please
>>
>>19537123
I can never stabilize my lucid dreams. They used to fade to white, now they generally fade to black. I've tried looking at my hands, saying some trigger phrase out loud, mentally attempting to "anchor" myself in the context while not turning awareness to awakening, etc. I'm not sure why I lose awareness that I'm dreaming, or force myself out of it.

I've got me some trigeminal neuralgia, type 2. I also do not know why the absence of facial sensation / pain isn't an omnipresent dream sign. The machinery of the mind relative to dream states is very curious. Just the fact that you can tell yourself "I should remember my dreams tonight", and have it happen, implies some part of the mind is aware one is dreaming and biases memory storage accordingly. Or maybe you know you're going to sleep, and therefore the mind just says "remember everything after this point, until waking up is detected".

Don't know. I'd like to lucid dream. I've actually lucid dreamed in a literal sense, many times, but I never have any control. Attempts to control fade to white. Control that fails loses vividness and then fades to black. Only once have I stabilized a fade to black.

Also tried throwing myself into the void as things were fading. I felt my neck and back snap from the sudden acceleration, but woke up nonetheless.
>>
>>19537123
Roll your body. Literally, just
>do a barrel roll!
Do it a few times even. Picture spinning your body once you have a grip.
>>
>>19538273
Oh and also spin upwards and outwards from your body like you're rolling away from your body
>>
>>19537123
Are you sleeping on your back?
>>
Do it sleeping on your side, fetal position. When you sleep on your back, you are more likely to have sleep apnea, which will make you abruptly wake up and keep you from having long dreams.
>>
>>19538307
Have you noticed any difference depending on side?

I usually sleep on my left side. Scoliosis, so mechanics might differ anyway.
>>
>>19537123
meditate
relax

and focus
>>
I lucid dreamed 3 times. The last one i had, i felt myself waking up after having my fun in my dream and i was able to force it to stabilize for a bit longer but eventually i woke. My method was pretty simplistic because when i was waking up, i knew i was going to because my dream was fading and turning hazy. I didnt want it to end, so i just focused at my fading surroundings and envision them as more stable as how they were before. I was able to lucid dream a bit more before i lost the dream and woke up because it became harder to hold together

Not sure it that makes sense or will help but thats how i did it once
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.