[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Folklore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1434678132932.jpg (72KB, 800x673px) Image search: [Google]
1434678132932.jpg
72KB, 800x673px
Just watched Witch and am looking for some early American folklore/tales about early witches of America and their stories.

Not looking for salem witch trials, anyone know anything about this?
>>
Haven't been able to find any early American witch stories other then the Salem trials anon.
>>
>>19536806
Did initiation prayers and ceremonies when I was 12. Upper peninsula, Mich. Nature and sex magic. Not trying to be something out of a sci-if movie. Respect and wherewithal to protect our home. Nothing spoopy. Powerful, yes. Movies are usually a whole lot of hot air, honestly. Changed something in me. For the better really. Power is not flashing lights and gold falling from the sky. It's not magic words and Hollyweird. It's not even crystals and cringey man hating hate magnets. It's the life and energy of the planet. The whole universe. And our tiny part in the tenuous web of life.
>>
>>19536863
Thats lovely, but do you have any early American/early tales of witches, either ones you've been told or know of?
>>
>>19536806
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenbrier_Ghost
>>
Anyone know of stories from around the 1600s though? Like what were the puritans afraid of?
>>
>>19536806
>Not looking for salem witch trials
Then you're missing out on a major part of the belief in witchcraft in America.
>>
>>19537470
Has to be stories that made them think people were witches, pre-dating the trials.
>>
Tri-hourly bump, anyone have good lone witches in the woods cursing people/stealing babys?
>>
>>19537729
The inspiration was past european witch trial stories influencing young women who were depending on what sources you believe a)high on a fungus found on hay with similar effects to LSD, b)coping with being raped by natives, c)just being drama queens trying to start shit with people they didn't like.
>>
File: cover.jpg (219KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
219KB, 600x900px
>>19536806

This is a pretty good read that you might enjoy. Goes beyond the endless rehashings of the Salem trials.
>>
>>19538372
Hey good stuff, thanks.
>>
>>19536806
"Lore" podcast has a few good ones.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.