[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to breathe correctly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1486451717409.jpg (122KB, 1213x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1486451717409.jpg
122KB, 1213x1600px
Figure since lots of people into meditation frequent here this is an alright place to ask.

Stuff like people mentioning, one is supposed to draw breath in a way where their stomach moves and not their chest, and more scientific things like the "control pause" phase (apparently there a system of judging your health and oxygen intake level by taking a breath, exhaling, holding breath and timing how long it takes for you to get an "air hunger", anything under 60 seconds is less than ideal, 20-40 is alright, 1-20 is "unhealthy".)

I'm also trying to get into meditating in general too but my health sucks in general as well and I've been taking steps to improve it (diet mainly). Learning how to breathe falls in line with that too and so does learning how to meditate so I can calm my horrible brain.

Any help would be appreciated especially anything related to that breath control shit, I would like to have healthier lungs/.breathing etc
>>
>>19534196

Rule of 70. Only breathe to 70% capacity. Breathe in through nose, out through mouth. If you can hear your own breath, you're breathing too forcefully.
>>
>>19534223
Noted
How do you gradually increase oxygen level/breath capacity though
>>
>>19534196
Breathing only serves to deepen your attachment to the material world, preventing you from attaining enlightened and being liberated from samsara.
>>
>>19534253
Yea eventually you shouldn't even realize you're breathing. Lose yourself
>>
>>19534278
No, you shouldn't be breathing at all.
>>
>>19534253
>>19534278
Yeah alright guys but here's the thing
I run out of breath jogging to the car and my control pause or whatever is in the blatant "youre fucking unhealthy" zone

Pls don't give me hippie mumbo jumbo that won't apply to the stage I'm in rn
>>
File: 1442458038773.jpg (38KB, 336x700px) Image search: [Google]
1442458038773.jpg
38KB, 336x700px
>>19534196
>How to breathe correctly?
ALRIGHT LETS DO THIS.

Step 1. Don't not breathe. Not breathing leads to perma-death for humans and perma-death means you will never breath again which is bad for breathing.

Step 2. Totally breathe. Absolutely do breathe. Breathing is essential to breathing and without it, you will completely not breathe at all.

Alright that covers the basics. Practice steps 1 and 2 and come back to this board in 6 months for further training.

Damn I am helping people so hard tonight on this web site.
>>
>>19534300
cute post heres your you
>>
>>19534233

Neigong.
>>
>>19534420
Tell me more
>>
>>19534453

Controlled breathing, meditation, and physical postures/movements meant to massage/stretch your organs/body to promote suppleness and circulation for optimizing function.
>>
>>19534541
>meditation, and physical postures/movements meant to massage/stretch
Can you go into more detail about meditation and the postures? I've bene trying to correct my posture lately
>>
>>19534196

Diaphragmatic breathing. Just look for that, that's the way everyone should breath. It's basically just using your diaphragm as nature or biology intended, instead of expanding the chest.
>>
>>19534582

I'm not going in to the mechanics of each posture (stance) for each style, that's just silly and it won't help you in any way at all towards comprehension. The meditation is simply about focusing on harmonizing your body and energies "I am supple, I am healthy, yada yada yada" (paraphrased for brevity). If you want more then go read and start practicing Xing Yi Nei Gong. This isn't something you can armchair, do it or don't.
>>
>>19534196
When you breathe expanding your stomach it fills the lower part of your lungs with oxygen. When you breathe expanding your chest, the oxygen doesn't reach that part of your lungs.
>>
>>19534607
Alright will do
>>19534734
>This isn't something you can armchair, do it or don't.
I don't want to armchair it, but yeah I'll look it up. Being told what to practice is what I wanted anyways
>>19534766
I don't quite have it perfected? I have to make an effort to breathe like that and I dont think I even do it entirely correct, my chest still moves at some point
>>
>>19534196

Kinda funny that the suggested way to breathe during meditation has been the way I have naturally breathed for as long as I can remember.

Probably explains why I've never been an aggressive fellow. Could explain why I've passed out before from getting up too quickly as well (lack of oxygen). When I try to breathe the "regular" way that most people breathe (with chest instead of diaphragm) it kinda hurts. My brain feels heavy after a few breathes and it feels like the air is dirty almost like smoking.

Anyways yes you're correct. Breathe in through the nose, out your mouth. Thought I personally find breathing both in and out of your nose to be better. Try it laying down. Your stomach should rise and fall with minimal chest movement. Other anon is correct as well, about 70% lung capacity with the breaths.
>>
>>19534921
Is that all there is to it? Is any chest movement bad, I can't quite breathe with 0 chest expansion
>>
>>19535325
Chest movement is good. If you aren't filling up your entire lungs from bottom to top you are being less efficient.
>>
>>19535387
How much is good?
>>
>>19534196
The girl who was in the future. it will not have the same exact location of the key to the other, that you made!
>>
>>19535653
???
>>
File: b9c.png (716KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
b9c.png
716KB, 600x791px
>>19535653
Pic related
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.