[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does christian magic exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (3KB, 127x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 127x90px
does christian magic exist?
>>
Yeeeeeaaap with that +10 luck increase if u a good boy
>>
>>19533887
That's heresy
>>
>>19533887
But it said no magic, so why Jesus have magic.
>>
>>19533887
Yes, don't you believe in water into wine and clay into birds>>19533916
?
>>
>>19533939
Those are miracles, not magic

Magic is forbidden
>>
>>19533946
N-no the only miracles are when the sun rises tomorrow. Magic on the other hand is real don't think after becoming a autist on 4Chan that can hear spook voices and see spook stuff in dreams that you can make me believe this crap. Being in a hospital only made this worse true God compensate s for lack skill, but wishes for them to find that strength them self. The trick about it at a certian point is separating what he is helping with vs what you are capable of them thank him for help. It's like you didn't know bro. You could consider it a blessing but he does it for everyone they just don't know it yet. So thank him because I do.
>>
>>19534021
Never said it wasn't real. Magic leaves you vulnerable to demons and other unclean spirits. It is forbidden.
>>
>>19533887
Ever hear of the gifts of the Holy Spirit?
>>
>>19533887
I think they call it "prayer", fag
>>
>>19534034
Your demons from another timeframe are ducking with you how weak minded are you to not be able to fight that shit away. Please pull a Chad go to church dunk weapons in holy water and destroy your house show them the 50 shades of fuckall they have invited and when they are done being a bitch go their their now we can talk about it and figure out why you still here.
>>
>>19533887
Yes, their spells make people believe fictitious bullshit is real.
>>
>>19533946
So in other words it's magic.
>>
>>19534127
Nope.
>>
File: 1500881131976.jpg (85KB, 773x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1500881131976.jpg
85KB, 773x1000px
>>19533887
Any dude that can turn water into wine is a straight up wizard in my book.
>>
>>19534142
It is. The only reason you say it is not, is because the idea of magic is believed to be associated with pagans by you Abrahamics. So when something magical is done by someone you praise like Moses or Jesus, you call it a miracle. Either because you believe that they are the only ones able to do that or they are the only ones fit to do that.
>>
>>19533887
>does christian magic exist?
Christ abhors magic. However Christ and Christians have dominion over this world just as God does, by inheritance. If they have the necessary Faith.

Need more Faith? Faith comes by HEARING the words of Jesus. Not just reading in here.
>>
>>19533887
>does christian magic exist?
According to the Oxford English dictionary, magic means ‘the power of apparently influencing events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.’ Magic, on the contrary, is nothing but manipulation of nature of objects. You try to suppress the real nature of objects or things while performing magic. You tend to use the so called energy available around you in the performance of magic. It is important to note that the performance of magic is personal. Thus, magic does not depend on the will of God. Magic is something wielded and something impressed upon.

According to the Oxford English dictionary, miracle means ‘an extraordinary and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is attributed to a divine agency.’ Miracles rely to a great extent on the will of God. While you try to suppress the real nature of objects or things when performing magic, miracles have nothing to do with suppression of nature of things or objects. Miracles do not involve the use of energy. A miracle is all about the power of God or any other divine power. Miracles do draw your astonishment and delight, but you think about the Almighty upon experiencing them. You would praise the Lord if you experience miracles. The power of God becomes evident in the act of miracle.

I am a Christian and I have been the tool God used to work miracles that violate the laws of Physics. I've even done it routinely. But I have no power except that which God gives me, at the right times, for specific purposes.
>>
>>19534183
>because you believe that they are the only ones able to do that or they are the only ones fit to do that.
interesting...
>>
>>19534097
Ask yourself this

If its bs then why have the greatest nations been built on its values and when they abandoned them they fell
>>
>>19534220
>>because you believe that they are the only ones able to do that or they are the only ones fit to do that.
>interesting...
I know I'm fit to do that because I've done it.

Know how? Jesus told me.

"Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me—or at least believe because of the works themselves. Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever believes in Me will also do the works that I am doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

- John 14:11

I have faith because the Holy Spirit of Jesus dwelling within me has caused such miracles to happen through me before, and that evidence only strengthens my faith more, enabling me to do greater things in His will as He empowers. It's a positive feedback loop.
>>
>>19533887
No only the perfect will of god exists
>>
>>19534210
>tl;dr miracles aren't magic because I say so

For fuck sake. It's magic. You're retarded
>>
>>19534241
Abrahamic faiths are designed for conquest and enslavement. Take a wild guess why they became powerful. It's all about power and declaring divine right

They didn't fall because they didn't praise God enough. They fell, then you use that as an excuse for why they fell.
>>
>>19534241
Like which nations?
>>
File: 1484154593459.jpg (214KB, 710x532px) Image search: [Google]
1484154593459.jpg
214KB, 710x532px
>>19534306
>For fuck sake. It's magic. You're retarded

My sentiments exactly. I'm a follower of God, and the power wielded by Jesus were holy magicks, almost by his own admission.

Those firm in their faith do rituals much similar to those of a pagan witch; except however, the source and base is the heavenly spirit within all, instead of the limited reserves of any daemon or lesser deity (who more than likely are only granted such from God Almighty anyhow).
>>
>>19534241
>>19534241
For example only a little over 100 years after Rome became a Christian empire, it fell and was scattered into pieces around Europe, Africa, and Asia.
>>
>>19534360
That makes it seem like Christianity was the cause more than anything
>>
>>19534370
You know what? I did not link my posts properly. This was actually a rebuttal to that statement.
>>
>>19534306
>For fuck sake. It's magic. You're retarded
Do you even read? Or are you dense?

Magic is an act of personal will, miracles are an act of God's will. I know you're not that stupid, that you can't tell the difference, which makes you a troll, or a liar.

I will pray for you, Anon.
>>
>>19534343
>the power wielded by Jesus were holy magicks, almost by his own admission.
Wrong.

Show one quote by Jesus that says this.

Protip: you can't.

What He did say is:

Jesus says he is doing this “by the Spirit of God.” In Luke 11:20 he says the same thing, only here he says he is casting out demons “by the finger of God.” In the OT “the finger of God” is a symbol of his mighty power (Exod. 8:19; 31:18; Ps 8:3); here it is a symbol of “the power of the Spirit” (Luke 4:14). As Dale Moody says, “The Spirit came to Jesus . . . at his baptism to enable him to invade the demon-infested dominion of Satan and deliver those in bondage” (Spirit of the Living God, 1968:36). Also, “By the power of the Holy Spirit poured out on him after his baptism, Jesus bound the Strong One, Satan, so now his underlings are unable to stand before the Stronger One, Jesus” (ibid., 40). When Jesus shared his Spirit-given power over Satan’s kingdom with his disciples, he shared their joy in seeing people delivered from Satan’s clutches (Luke 10:17-21). “At that very time He rejoiced greatly in the Holy Spirit,” Luke says (v. 21).
>>
>>19534426
But what if... your will is an extension of God's will?

>Your kingdom come,
>Your will be done,
>On Earth as it is in Heaven.
>>
>>19534442
When God tells you look go shitpost their go do my will and shitpost. I am laugh ing at the thought of something already seeing this and laughing .
>>
>>19534442
>But what if... your will is an extension of God's will?
>>Your kingdom come,
>>Your will be done,
>>On Earth as it is in Heaven.
It's this exactly. This is known as "Theonomy."

This is the level of spiritual evolution beyond Autonomy (selfishness, or the domain of Magic).

Theonomy is allowing your will to come into agreement with God's will, thereby enabling yourself to become the vessel for His supernatural power to accomplish His will. If you don't yield your vessel, someone else will. If you won't allow yourself to be used, He will find someone who will.

The interesting part comes in noting the difference between God's "perfect" will and His "permissive" will. He exerts absolute sovereignty in His personal will in some things that can never be changed from what He has always determined, but a Christian in close communion with God's Holy Spirit also knows how to petition God to move through him or her in God's permissive will to do some things sometimes that God would not normally have done, but He does not forbid. In this way, you can move God to perform miracles that He would not have normally taken initiative to perform on His own, because of you find favor with Him. This is extremely useful to the very faithful.
>>
I tried to post something in this thread, and it appears to have vanished into the ether without effect when I hit post. I think I'll just keep this one to myself.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.