[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are sounds/cartoons etc self aware?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 220.jpg (18KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
220.jpg
18KB, 300x100px
I've been having this annoying thought pattern that I can't seem to turn off (except when I'm super tired) Basically I'm automatically interpreting sounds(like a door opening or a car driving by outside etc) and advertisements/media in general as being self aware. I know they aren't, but I can't seem to stop thinking what they would be doing/talking about/looking at/thinking if they were. For example, right now the 4chan banner is of George bush and the Queen pointing to the right and laughing at the other window I have open. Please keep in mind that I know pictures etc aren't self aware and can't think. This is sort of similiar to having a catchy song stuck in your head for a very long time. It's been a few months now, and its really starting to get to me. Anyone have any tips?

Pic semi related
>>
>>19533871
write short stories man, or let it inspire new characters in stories

it can make good comedy, actually it can be referred to as "breaking the fourth wall"
>>
File: Comic_Book_Guy_WEE.jpg (21KB, 430x307px) Image search: [Google]
Comic_Book_Guy_WEE.jpg
21KB, 430x307px
Not self aware
The question is anon
Are you self aware
Also
That's Prince Charles
>>
File: 1503453149762.png (1MB, 1019x881px) Image search: [Google]
1503453149762.png
1MB, 1019x881px
>>19533892
>Tfw George Bush was Prince Charles in disguise all along
>>
>>19533871
I wouldn't say that these sounds are self aware, but they are not insignificant either. In many ways the world outside yourself is alive. If you are observant you will see the signs. Listen for songs that resonate with you and question those that repeat over and over in your head. Notice the patterns that arise. Instead of seeing these phenomena as separate see the tapestry they weave around you. If something catches your attention there is probably a reason. Language is not the only form of communication.
>>
>>19533926
>I wouldn't say that these sounds are self aware, but they are not insignificant either. In many ways the world outside yourself is alive. If you are observant you will see the signs. Listen for songs that resonate with you and question those that repeat over and over in your head. Notice the patterns that arise. Instead of seeing these phenomena as separate see the tapestry they weave around you. If something catches your attention there is probably a reason. Language is not the only form of communication.

Agreed, how do I turn that off?
>>
>>19533953
You ignore it...or you could play the Game.

https://youtu.be/W2azO25JtFo
>>
File: pink-elephant-733153.jpg (318KB, 1280x982px) Image search: [Google]
pink-elephant-733153.jpg
318KB, 1280x982px
>>19533989
Try not to think about it.
>>
>>19533871
I made that banner, and I'm self aware. However, George Bush, he's not in the picture.
Hope that helps.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.