[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do psychopaths exist? Is there some sort of evolutionary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Jaredleeloughner.jpg (94KB, 783x600px) Image search: [Google]
Jaredleeloughner.jpg
94KB, 783x600px
Why do psychopaths exist? Is there some sort of evolutionary advantage to them or are they just mentally broken with horrendous side effects?
>>
>>19532894
just symptoms of a society one terribly wrong for too long
>>
>>19532961
*gone terribly wrong
>>
To me there's no psychopaths, It's just a word given to a type of human conduct.

And asking what the need for certain types of human conduct in a evolutionary perspective is the wrong question, human conducts arises from (evolving ) social contexts, not from a need

But if I was to give a justifiction for psychopaths well it would be to give other people examples of where that kind of sick behavior leads (legal punishments)
>>
Defective genetics and defective nurturing. Yet another symptom of uncontrolled population/breeding.
>>
Look at it from a pragmatic, gnostic point of view: there are no "problems" in nature. Many times, depending on your point of view, problems that arise are the best solution for their cause. Humans burning down forests, polluting the sea and air could be seen as a horrendous crime, but in hindsight, they're creating the means for their own demise in the future.

Now think about maniacal, murderous psychopaths coming out of a sick, depraved society: they're either there to serve for the population at large to try and realize something's wrong and fix shit, or for them to go and carry out a genocide that wipes the slate clean. Nature doesn't give a shit, or pick sides
>>
Evolution mutation variation?
Idk
>>
>>19532894
Everything exists on a spectrum far right to far left and all things in between. This is the 3d world we exist in. It's so mind-numbingly simple yet just as complex.
>>
>>19532894
I'm confused.
You seem to assume every murder is a psycho path or every psycho path is bad.
There are many psycho paths that no one has diagnosed as such just walking around like normal people. They are in fact normal. Like they would get help or tell you when they are automatically seen as bad.
>>
>>19532894
Demons exist, he was possessed trying to lucid dream
>>
Sometimes people just come out broken. A mental defect no different than a physical defect.
>>
>>19532894
>Is there some sort of evolutionary advantage to them
Absolutely. There is a niche for unempathic manipulators. It can't overpopulate, or the host society will fail and the psychopaths will die, but there is a big gleaming niche for these kind of people.

Also, it's genetic you fucktards.
>>
File: 1490980164460.gif (2MB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490980164460.gif
2MB, 600x600px
>>19532894

Evolutionarily, huge amount of genetic control is outsourced to the environment, because the environment was so stable for so long.
Eg. You'll grow up blind if you grow up in pitch black darkness, your eyes will atrophy, because your eyes evolved to develop when stimulated by light from the sun in your natural environment.

The modern man-made world is a different environment to the one our genetics evolved to require, and so we don't get some things that we need to be healthy, and we get things that are harmful to our development.

my 2cents.
>>
Perhaps, on some level, human preying on humans served some sort of evolutionary function--when neurodiversity allowed for a range of empathetic types, from sociopath to empath, it created a number of people able to perform specific duties.
A soldier who is defending his tribe from another will be better able to serve if he doesn't hold back when looking into the eyes of his enemy. A chief who decides who lives and who dies during famine must be able to make that choice decisively.
The problem is that we have less use for violent sociopaths these days. As for functioning ones, there's a stat I've seen around stating that 12% of CEOs are sociopaths compared to the small percentage of the population.
>>
>>19535235
>As for functioning ones, there's a stat I've seen around stating that 12% of CEOs are sociopaths compared to the small percentage of the population.
Robert Hare was part of that test. It's 4%, and the word is "psychopath", not "sociopath". According to him, that's double the normal percentage.
>>
>>19532894
why did they let him shave his eyebrows?

they are the reptilian

you can see it in their reptar gaze
>>
>>19532894
some people just feel good doing bad things.
>>
File: IMG_20170728_142657.jpg (70KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170728_142657.jpg
70KB, 640x435px
>>19532977
That's like saying diabetics are a "type of human conduct"

Lack of human empathy lowers your chances of survival, because humans helping each other works on the premise of reciprocity, and is one of the mechanisms of survival: you pick my fleas now, I'll pick your fleas later.

Some social behaviour, which includes empathy, is hard wired in you (that's why you cringe or make a face and a noise when someone breaks a leg in front of you -if you're healthy) and thus any person that doesn't display this behaviour (as an "organ" a healthy mind should develope) is akin to a liver or a kidney not working properly.

So yeah, real "psychopathy" is a symptom like any symptom of any other organic desease, but since the affected part of the organism is the brain, it's difficult to diagnose and as of yet impossible to treat. (Anti-psychotics are paliatives, not cures)
>>
File: 1476190498665.jpg (126KB, 833x833px) Image search: [Google]
1476190498665.jpg
126KB, 833x833px
>>19535393
We are taught to justify and accept certain "bad things" by looking around in our ambient (like social context we are in) but although a certain amount of selfishness is natural, we as humans tend to take bigger and bigger leaps outside what would be medically, "behaviourmentally" healthy or "sane". This taught acceptance of "bad things" is not hardwired, is culturally constructed
>>
>>19532894
It's a next step in human evolution. Nowdays we are hearing and seeing so many things thatour brains see as disturbing we eventually grow cold and distant for self protection. It grew to an extend where people are just getting born with it.
>>
>>19535523
You are ready to live in one of those places where people lynch people on the streets, or they chop the hands of petty criminals.

Seriously, move there and tell us how that's the right way to live. That kind of mentality doesn't belong the western world, we here need to improve our minds not degenerate to the level of apathetic beasts- for animals that call themselves smart, sometimes we trully act worse than beasts of the wild.

PS: watching snuff videos on the Internet do not desensitized you from actually experiencing a lynching or a decapitation first hand, or the oppression of a society which actually lives ruthlessly by the sword
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.