[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion of /x/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

File: 1486003818070.jpg (303KB, 1312x863px) Image search: [Google]
1486003818070.jpg
303KB, 1312x863px
What is your religion, /x/? Be honest, no LARPing.

http://www.strawpoll.me/13846896
>>
>>19532064
I voted Animist because it's the only logical choice if you look at OP picture.
>>
>>19532064
I personally opposed organized religion. So I'm not religious at all neither do I identify with any one specific religion, but I've very spiritual.

You'll probably hear that a lot here too.
>>
Religion is a meme.
>>
>>19532079
Just because Animism is the oldest form of religion doesn't mean that it is correct. All other religions appeared because they believed God(s) revealed their presence to them.

>>19532081
Yeah, I guessed that that would be a common choice, but I am interested in seeing the results and hearing /x/'s thoughts on religion.
>>
>>19532064
FYI, "Agnostic" is a misnomer. If you are "Agnostic" you are an Atheist.
>>
>>19532163
I was under the impression that Atheists believe there is proof that higher powers do not exist and therefore don't believe in them, and Agnostics believe higher powers cannot be proven or disproven and decide not to believe either way.
>>
>>19532064
You forgot Daoism.
>>
>>19532064

Agnostic Atheist here.
>>
>>19532430
I included all religions that make up at least 0.01% of world demographics. The ones that I missed fall into "Other"
>>
File: Bogomil.jpg (68KB, 751x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bogomil.jpg
68KB, 751x600px
>>19532064
Bogomilism
>>
>tfw if christians united under one banner even here it'd be #1

When did Satan win?
>>
believe in Judaism but haven't converted
>>
>>19532064
Yo gayboi, where's Gnosticism?
>>
They're all wrong, theyre all right. Your beliefs affect the world around you.
>>
File: 1477298614905.jpg (801KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1477298614905.jpg
801KB, 1500x1000px
>>19533004
>le no absolute truth me-me
>>
>>19533026
The only truth that I've been able to find is that moksha, being reborn through Christ, and samadhi are all legitimate if you dive in 100 percent. Which is why shoving your beliefs onto others is pointless. The truth is we clipped our wings to have experiences and we are all a part of a 1 thing.
>>
>>19533071
Well then enlighten us on what that "1 thing" is and who has it closest. You can't believe in everything when religions have all have uncountable number of differences and contradictions to each other.
>>
>>19533096
They do but no one as far as I can see had the balls to completely drop one and dive into another after achieving enlightenment in each version. They contradict eachother because someone got "they're" version of the truth and memed it like wildfire." The one thing is consciousness itself. The reason you and anyone else can think, create, and love is because our consciousness derived from a single source or god.
>>
>>19533138
>implying religious scholars do not study any schools of thought different from their own
>>
>>19532064
Celtic Polytheism. I'm one of the mods for Pagan Nationalism on Facebook. We're all Celtic Pagans/Druids.
>>
>>19533169
Studying and practicing the faith are two different things.
>>
>>19533186
Well then do you actually do this? How many religions have you become a sage in and practiced so far? How many years has it taken you and what kind of insight has actually practicing a diverse number of religions actually taught you?
>>
>>19532064
As an American patriot, I only follow American religions; give me Juju, I want some good Juju lit.
>>
>>19533228
Yea lol. Just digging and digging. I'm not really a sage, it was just more of a personal journey.

I started with meditation. I realized you could slowly let go of aspects of yourself completely. Letting go everything you thought you were. Breaking down barrier after barrier until you completely cross the viel. You find yourself connected to Brahman, the source of your consciousness. This Brahman has been interpreted as a sea of light and love to gnostics and the Holy Spirit to christians.

After that I allowed my ego to fully develop again. Questioning my experience as not absolute truth, convincing myself there was more. So I gave my life to Christ. You have to dig deep to truly convince yourself this is the new way and have absolute faith. I submitted my will to the Christ and felt every negative aspect of myself lift off. A sort of enlightenment of the heart. It's a very powerful feeling. I practiced Christianity for a couple months.

I went back to meditation letting aspects of myself go, including Christ. Which is hard to let that go. Once I felt fully liberated rather than letting aspect of myself go I chose to simply exist. All thinking ended. I was completely in the moment staring at the wall. Complete freedom ensued. My meditation oddly enough turned to thoughts of ceasing, to get this thing or that when I knew none of it led to happiness. I felt something knock my head. Literally felt like turning a light on in my head

True enlightenment and spiritual inner peace is yours to find.
>>
>>19532081

"im spiritual maaaan"

translation, your beliefs comes from whatever convenient pop culture makes you sound interesting when picking up girls, or your a gnostic fag
>>
>>19532425
Atheism is just the lack of belief in a god or gods.
>>
Norse / Heathenism

Reading both of the Edda gives me a feeling of warmth, like I'm hearing tales of long lost ancestors. While some stories are obvious dramatizations (Like a cow licking Ice to create men of Aesir stock), I believe them to be interpretations of true events.
>>
>>19533443
When you post about religion and no one takes you seriously. Why why they no want saving.
>>
>>19532163
nope
>>
Gaudiya Vaishnava. I chose other since it really doesn't fit into "Hinduism" as that shorthand is generally understood.

>>19532425
Theism and atheism are on a different spectrum than gnostic and agnostic. To be truly agnostic about a subject is to firmly maintain that man CANNOT fully know about the subject. If you believe in God, but think attempting to understand the inscrutable God is futile and will never lead to anything - that is agnostic Theism. If you believe there is no God, and that one day man will be able to incontrovertibly prove this - that is gnostic Atheism.

The wishy-washy "I don't know but maybe," mentality is called "soft agnosticism," or simply doubt.

>>19533437
>So I gave my life to Christ.
>I practiced Christianity for a couple months.
It sounds like you gave less than a year of your life to Christ. Should we presume that each of your endeavors lasted about this long?
>>
>>19532064
>no discordianism on poll
>>
>>19532064
Nothing.
>>
>>19533549
No Christianity was the shortest. It isn't liberating like the others. That moment is what's liberating. The others like I said wasn't actually practicing Hinduism and Buddhism per se just digging and digging until I Got there. I use they're vernacular as a means of expression, I often didn't know I was following there ways until I looked up things to see if anyone could say they felt something similar, it's all relative to the person when you're doing this without a guide. This has taken nearly a year of constant mindulfness, meditation, and resisting temptations.

I guess in the end I believe that what you believe is what's real to you. That if you stay diligent and seek and seek and dig you'll come out less jusgemental, happier, and a sense of peace that people can't take from you. You'll realize what we're doing to this world and how pointless the dull happiness we go after is. That nothing can make you happy until you find out who you truly are, not what someone told you to be or should be. I step on no religions because I know they all have their merit. They all give you a sense of purpose and I'm ok with that.
>>
>>19533669
>Fuck Christianity. You actually have to follow rules an shieeet
>>
>>19533683
I still follow rules. Christ taught the way to treat others which important. I was raised Christian. I could already argue for or against Christ when I went that route I just never truly had that "saved feeling" until I dove in.
>>
>>19533720
>it's not true because it's against my feeeeeelings
>>
>>19533734
I didn't say it wasn't true. Depending on what your awareness has picked up on in life, you yourself decide what's true and what isn't. What's true to you is false to another. That's why they're all true, yet not true.
>>
>>19533773
>what's true to you is false to another
That's not what "truth" is, my dude. Truth is either true to everyone whether they "believe" in it or not or it is false. Things don't magically turn "true" or "false" depending on people's feelings.
>>
>>19533886
Truth is relative in a religious sense. Everyone knows the color green is green. But your spiritual belief in the ultimate truth makes you believe it's true for everyone. In reality your spirituality and connection to something greater is yours, no one else knows what you feel spiritually. People see green and together know it is green. Yet enlightenment to Buddhist and the saving grace of Christ will open up different spiritual paths. It isn't set in stone no matter how much ones ego demands it is
>>
>>19533669
>if you stay diligent and seek and seek and dig
>This has taken nearly a year

So again, less than a year of practice at something is "diligence" and "seeking and seeking and digging" to you.
>>
>>19533941
It's not like I've stopped. I don't think I will. Just relaying what I've felt so far.
>>
>>19533437
>I went back to meditation letting aspects of myself go, including Christ.
Welcome to Hell.
>>
>>19534009
That's what they say. Guess we'll see. I had to let go of my fear of hell to get anywhere else. I was stuck
>>
>>19533930
>Truth is relative in a religious sense.
Truth isn't a "what", it's a "who", and that "who" is the person of Jesus Christ.

His words are specific, True, and not relative.

Literally everything else is.
>>
>>19534015
>I had to let go of my fear of hell to get anywhere else. I was stuck
I'm not a Christian because I fear hell. I follow Jesus because of the mystery of His perfect love, that was expressed toward me by Him before I ever knew Him, which is the only thing in the Universe that can heal a hurting human soul, or turn a heart of stone into a heart of flesh. Everything other than the love of Christ, is a lie.
>>
>>19533951
>It's not like I've stopped.
You said you stopped.
>I started with meditation.
>After that I allowed my ego to fully develop again.
So you stopped your practice of removing the ego.
>So I gave my life to Christ.
>I went back to meditation letting aspects of myself go, including Christ.
So you stopped your practice of devoting your life to Christ.

It sounds to me like you are chasing a temporary, thus material, likely mental euphoria. I think you are dabbling, finding a spike of egoistic pleasure in thinking "I get it" and when that pleasure fades you are confusing this with chosen path lacking something.

I am sorry for the brow-beating, and I do not have anything specific for advice or instruction. I just think you should sincerely look into this pattern of inconstancy, and what is driving you toward it.

>>19533886
All material truths are relative to time, place, and circumstance.
>Things don't magically turn "true" or "false" depending on people's feelings.
True or false - the US should enact universal healthcare.
>>
>>19534017
Right, to you and your awareness, so you should probably stay on that path. Yet I don't think someone that's never heard of Christ goes to hell, I believe they get redeemed in their own way. Im not here to tell you what to believe. I do believe Christ leads to a good afterlife.
>>
>>19534047
>True or false - the US should enact universal healthcare.

Truth is an actuality. An "is", not an "ought be".
>>
>>19534086
I'll accept your narrowing of the definition, and challenge you to present a truth that is not relative to time, place, or circumstance.
>>
Surprised how outnumbered the Christians actually seem to be on here

Oh wait not surprising at all, Christians are the loudest motherfuckers on the planet when it comes to browbeating you into believing things their way

At least they can't legally crusade anymore (for now)
>>
>>19534047
I did stop but only for the ego development and Christ worshipping, I've since dove back into meditation, and still practice.

And your absolutely fine man. I'm open to different views and different interpretations. I can't say it's about developing my ego. More or less a search for the truth that's lead me to believe truth is what you make it. In that process I can say I felt three instances of massive joy and liberation, which I considered part of the process. its not really chasing that high, it's discovering there was no true way. That we need start developing ourselves spiritually and connecting ourselves to something greater and start treating ourselves and others better. That's why I'm cool with Christianity, Buddhism, and Hinduism.

We need to start cleaning our thoughts and putting filfth into our minds so we stop releasing filfth into the world.
>>
>>19534103
Your own statement of truth being relative to time, place or circumstance, if true, would deny itself. Then "not all truth is relative to time, place or circumstance" is a truth not relative to time, place or circumstance.
>>
>>19534148
>I did stop but only for the ego development and Christ worshipping
Precisely. You removed the core of the path and kept the auxiliaries for your own exploitation (this word is meant in a neutral way).
>I can't say it's about developing my ego. More or less a search for the truth that's lead me to believe truth is what you make it.
The desire to know is inherent in the soul, but to think that knowledge is yours, to think your view creates truth, to put your view in the center - this is ego.
>discovering there was no true way
It's like martial arts. There are lots of traditions and ways to practice, but there's only one "way" to be a good fighter. While some traditions are clearly more effective than others (many would say less clear when looking at the spiritual traditions) they all have "saints" or people who trained and became successful. What really matters isn't the tradition, but the practice and the guidance. Trying to "be your own coach" by studying without guidance and picking and choosing from various methods and coaches to do on your own is rarely an effective way to become successful. Even when taking a cross-training tactic, the best process is through diligence and perseverance under guidance. The greatest fighters of time - both physical and spiritual - have all had teachers.

I think we agree fairly closely on this, but I again I worry you have put yourself at the center.

>>19534171
>truth being relative to time, place or circumstance
That was not my statement. There are absolute truths. They are not material.
>>
I worship Death.
>>
File: 1502394915173.jpg (53KB, 525x473px) Image search: [Google]
1502394915173.jpg
53KB, 525x473px
>>19534352
>>
>>19534319
I don't have a guru in rural Kentucky haha. Would be nice though. So other than reading, meditating, and mindfulness I can't deny that I'm on my own. I gave up everything to pursue this. Possessions, vehicle, where I lived at one point. I think I have an option to find my version of liberation or not have it at all. May not be the best path I'll admit that, lots of ups and downs.

At this moment though I feel good about myself, I treat people the way I'd like to be treated, I put myself in their shoes, my inner peace is Nice. That's all I really ever wanted, a sense of peace and understanding. I'm sorry if it seemed as if I was pushing what works for me. I just kinda really got into it, I don't talk about this stuff often because my views are out of the ordinary that's for sure.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wUM8kHGPzfM We can at least all agree on this
>>
>>19534486
lmao I love how they disprove their own song when they show the priest and Buddhist monks
>>
>>19532064
>source of the graph
>some enlightened fedora's butt
>>
>>19533004
>Your beliefs affect the world around you
This condition can be medicated and you will live a normal life, anon, you will no longer hallucinate against reality that your beliefs are shaping the world. You will meet us all to whom what is real is real independently of what you believe.
>>
>>19534512
Yea I wonder if they actually knew buddhists don't believe in souls
>>
>>19534528
You took it way deeper than I meant. All I mean is that by believing what you believe you tend to form what's in front of you. I.E. believing in Christ leads to sitting in church, thinking about god instead of yourself, affecting who you communicate with. It is not the only factor but they do have an effect.
>>
File: Dudeism.png (134KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Dudeism.png
134KB, 1280x1280px
>>19532064
Dudeism
>>
>>19535202
Best one here
>>
>>19532064
Juggalo
>>
File: Kapalika.jpg (122KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Kapalika.jpg
122KB, 480x640px
>>19532064
Trika Saivism

Am I a snowflake or what?
>>
I'm a LARPer
>>
File: yoda-advice-featured-1.jpg (171KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
yoda-advice-featured-1.jpg
171KB, 1536x864px
I'm pretty much just a sort of animist-pantheist. Bit agnostic.

Eh.
>>
File: IMG_0030.jpg (124KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0030.jpg
124KB, 800x600px
How do I begin to practice Gnosticism? What are some resources on it? Where do I start?
>>
>>19532064
I hate the christian and jewish origin representations, they are allways wrong
For example "judaism" as we know it developed as a religion around 400B.C- 100A.D, it was a group that was concived in the babylonian exile, as a mean to "protect" jews from losing their identiy by assimilation. But the religion only really started to be of any significance around 100B.C
The religion is a violation to the religous texts that the hebrew faith relies upon.

" Christianity" or the religion Jesus founded around 30A.D, was a oppen confrontation with the new faith of judaism. Jesus rejected the new order of the "jews" and wanted the people to return to the basic faith, while adding some extras.
The christianity whe know today was in a transitional phase until 300A.D where it was created/established as a roman religion.

By this depicting christianity as a "decendant" of jewdaism" is incorrect, because judaism is supposed to be a new "arm" of the tree wich split off before the christian "arm"
>>
>>19532064
Satanic unitarian
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.