[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SLEEP PARALYSIS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1503812697820.jpg (216KB, 584x530px) Image search: [Google]
1503812697820.jpg
216KB, 584x530px
Ok /x/ I didn't know where else to post this so I on the designated role-playing board.

Lately I've been having some really horrible bouts of sleep paralysis. Every night I wake up incapacitated and a shadow figure stands on the left hand side of my bed watching me. It shows up for about a minute then it vanishes and I'm able to move again.
The part that keeps me up at night is that every time it shows up it inches just a little bit closer to my bed. I'm fucking scared and my therapist just keeps telling me not to worry about it. Sleep paralysis is a medical condition blah blah blkah

I'm scared to go to bed and I don't know what to do

Help
>>
>>19531849
I feel the same anon, I've been dealing with Sleep Paralysis for about 6 years now (started when I 13ish) and I'm still not used it it. I see hear voices telling me that "he's coming" and "don't look in the mirror" paired with shadows and disturbing imagery. I can't look in the directions of mirrors at night, or even when a mirror is in a dark room in fear of seeing "him", and as much as I don't know what "he" looks like, they've been following me for so long I wish this shit would just stop.
>>
>>19531849
look into lucid dreaming to get over it

instead of thinking about fear, think about how you can easily slip into lucidity from sleep paralysis
>>
I've seen the shadows before, but i can still move, barely, when it happens. Last time I moved my hand a few inches to my pistol before breaking the paralysis and almost put a round through the wall before the shadow disappeared.
>>
Usually people gets healthy....

But wow. 6 years? Maybe your sent used to it. You should try lucid dreaming.

When I get sleep paralysis. I broke it and never gotten it. Usually I get anxiety before sleeping. Because I get nightmares... But but now i don't really...
>>
>>19531849
I can't help you with sleep paralysis since thats a natural thing that happens to some people, but you can ward yourself against shadow people and other spirits with this exercise.

>Imagine yourself where you are, your bed or whatever, like you're seeing yourself from a 3rd person view
>now picture a golden bubble around you, some religions also say pyramids but doesnt matter really
>now imagine this bubble expanding and pushing the spooks away
>keep it until the presence disappears

Do that before going to bed or when you start to feel the spooks around. Its challenging to keep focus and a clear mental image, specially when you're scared but its a battle of will so keep at it and they will fuck off. it will tire you out, so you won't be able to keep it forever but in my experience those spirits don't like people who can defend themselves and they have no reason to stick around when you do.
>>
>>19531849
Stop sleeping on your back. You don't get sleep paralysis if you sleep on your side.
>>
I've been lucid dreaming since I was four, so for 16 years. I used to be able to lucid dream and control it but now the shadow man in my dreams decides when to let me control my own dreams. Sometimes he rips me out of my body, rapes me, tears out my organs... If I try to resist and lucid dream or if I wake up mid sleep he'll force me back to sleep. I just deal with it now, somehow and I've fallen in love with the thing torturing me because it's a man that's been around since I was four. Don't really know what to do desu, it tells me it's going to kill me all the time. I've just accepted it at this point.
>>
>>19532843
Can confirm.
>>
>>19531849
pray. literally works all the time for me. If i have any dumbass demon or shadow or whatever i just pray to expel it and its gone before i even finish.
>>
>>19531849
sleep with your pillow under your shoulders&neck instead of under your head. Or, sleep on a few blankets so your bed is extra soft, and don't use a pillow at all.

>>19532843
This also works but in my case, I have acid reflux. So, sleeping on my side allows the acid to pour up my esophagus and I wake up choking on vomit, or with fucking horrible heartburn. I heard that sleeping on your side can speed up the onset of this. (but i also eat a lot of shit food and drink soda pop)
>>
>>19532843
this! golden tip. also, try to remember everytime you wake up, even slightly to move your body a little bit so your body wakes up to.
>>
>>19532843

Not true. I used to get it on my side all the time. It's stopped altogether for some reason a long time ago though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.