[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REINCARNATION: suppressed science

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1498155750112.jpg (87KB, 735x490px) Image search: [Google]
1498155750112.jpg
87KB, 735x490px
would it benefit or harm society if reincarnation was proven to be a real phenomenon?

think in terms of the classical indian model from hinduism and buddhism: a beginningless, endless cycle of rebirths that is interminable unless one strives for liberation (moksa) or extinction (nirvana).

by convincing people that reincarnation is not real, by convincing them that all life ends at death, or that we have but one life and a vague monotheistic afterlife forever after, it guarantees that everyone gets reincarnated.

more people being reincarnated, reproducing, reincarnating, etc... more worker drones for the system.

so, is (((science))) suppressing proofs of reincarnation due to economic vested interests? why would you want everyone becoming disillusioned with life and dropping out like buddhas?
>>
>>19530646
People would have to start to caring about the crushing poverty in 3rd world countries.
>>
>>19530646
Increase in crime, suicide and carelessness.

Why bother if we can just re-roll into better conditions?
>>
>>19530656
karma. you don't randomly roll a better life. you get what you deserve based on your intentional actions.
>>
>>19530656
>play video game
>make it over 9000 levels into game
>decide to kill yourself and end game
>now i will play again, but start at level 10,000 with more gains than before

hm. seems illogical
>>
>>19530662
You don't level up by deleting your character and creating a new one.
>>
You can channel your past life into the residual memory of your self awareness if you let go of yourself preservation, pride, and sense of self worth. This is true at every level of Ascension. Esp is the notion that you become aware that a higher power exists, committing to the removal of self is not possible if you do not believe in yourself in the first place.
>>
>>19530646
Benefit, but only if it really is a real phenomenon. The question that would follow would be what the mechanics and laws that guide it are, and once that question is answered, we would learn how to manipulate it so that we could all upincarnate, regain our past memories (if possible), etc. And if people did regain their past memories, and remember past interactions with others from a broader perspective, I bet petty feuds would dissolve and we would all be much more willing to take ownership over our lives because there is more information available to base our directives on.

I could also see it going wrong if it was misunderstood. Caste systems (although this sort of already happens, but at least we have the idea that our station is mutable), curses on peoples' family lineages through karmic fuckery, all kinds of messed up shit could happen. But with the right attitude that could be avoided.

>why would you want everyone becoming disillusioned with life and dropping out like buddhas?
You mean why wouldn't you. If you had this knowledge, you would have no reason to want to prevent others from realizing it because you know it's for the ultimate betterment of reality on the whole. And supposedly you yourself would no longer be attached enough to reality to want wageslaves or whatever so that's a shitty motive.
>>
>>19530666
Maybe it's like Disgaea. When you reincarnate at Lvl 9999, you remember only some Skills. Ultimately starting back at Lvl 1.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.