[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Giving "persona" to inanimate objects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1444680555890.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444680555890.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
Why is it that we tend to give items or objects that we're attached to a personality over time and can they really become a 'conscious' or an object with personality?
I've been thinking about the the last few days, and to me it seems that the object we give personality to, cars being a common one, is a sort of tulpa. A thought form that gives the object personality in our minds simply because we think it does.
It reminds me of when I heard about a bunch of neuroscientists conversing with the Dalai Lama and other buddhists on how they define consciousness.

>“I was confronted with the Buddhist teaching that sentience is probably everywhere at varying levels, and that inspired me to take the consequences of this theory seriously,” says Koch. “When I see insects in my home, I don’t kill them.”
>https://www.lionsroar.com/christof-koch-unites-buddhist-neuroscience-universal-nature-mind/

I'm wondering what /x/ thinks of this topic. Is it we that give objects consciousness in our minds or are objects inherently able to become conscious themselves. Is it natural to mourn the loss of a 'non-living' object that we have spent a majority of our lives with?
pic somewhat related
>>
>>19530446
By treating everything with care like they were alive makes your brain create new neurological paths that increase your perception, intellect and intuition. Think of it like Skyrim when ever you do certain tasks your start getting a 6th sense or increase magical powers.

This is done for millennia and its not understood until today. It's not about losing yourself in your surroundings, it's about finding yourself in your surroundings. Think of it in biological terms and not on a esoteric level, you will feel good and realistic about it.

You first need to lift weights before climbing a mountain. How does lifting weights have to do with mountains? It's the same philosophy. You just don't understand now but you will.

Remember Mr Miyagi? Wash on, wash off, suddenly you know kung fu. You have to train your intuition doing non-intuitive tasks.
>>
>>19530691
This makes sense, I acknowledge this way of thinking but have been struggling to execute it. I'm improving my care for my surroundings gradually though.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.