[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The sky in the Bay Area is all smoggy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6921.jpg (696KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6921.jpg
696KB, 4032x3024px
The sky in the SF Bay Area is full of smog and the moon (you can't see it well in the picture, with your bare eyes you can though) is a weird orange/yellow Colour. also the smog is so bad that my throat got irritated. What the fuck is going on? There's no alerts or anything.
>>
File: IMG_6922.jpg (75KB, 525x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6922.jpg
75KB, 525x400px
The news isn't reporting this. I also fainted today because of the fucking smog.
>>
File: notsosmug2.png (332KB, 514x486px) Image search: [Google]
notsosmug2.png
332KB, 514x486px
>smog all over
>yesterday around 5 am I saw a band of lights blinking in weird coordination
>a rectangle shape with lights
>far off in the distance east
>>
>>19528520
excessive heat warning in effect for your area
>>
File: 0731-chetco-bar-fire.jpg (87KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0731-chetco-bar-fire.jpg
87KB, 1920x1080px
>>19528515
It's from all the massive wildfires burning in Oregon. The moon turns blood red here from all the smoke.
>>
>>19528515
We're just having a heatwave. It's humid and shitty by the Bay right now.
>>
>>19528553
hasn't that shit been burning for months
>>
File: bp1.jpg (470KB, 990x564px) Image search: [Google]
bp1.jpg
470KB, 990x564px
>>19528572
We're just getting more large fires than usual because it hasn't rained here in months. If lightening strikes in some areas right now, the resulting fire isn't going to be put out until November.
>>
>>19528515
Not smog dude thats smoke, as in forest fire smoke. Check the AQI index for the area.
>>
>>19528572
If the area doesn't get well ventilated (i.e. Sea breeze), the air gets stagnant and the smoke and haze just stay in one place. We were getting it in Seattle for awhile.
>>
>>19528515
maybe hit up /sci/ before you post threads like these.
>>
>>19529082

To be fair, the more reasonable-minded people on /x/ like to jump to the scientific explanations first anyway. If you can eliminate the scientific reasons, then you actually have something. So, it does mean that /x/philes are pretty useful for this kind of stuff.
>>
OP here, I live in the South Bay (Sunnyvale/San Jose) Area, so I don't live near the ocean
>>
It's smoke and they have been reporting it.
On another note, it was 30 degrees above normal temperature where I live in California today.
>>
>>19529082
Maybe don't be such a dick?
>>
>>19528515
Moon is hanging low in the sky, gets refracted from particles in the air.

It's not smog. I'm in chicago and it's the same color. It's going to be the same color everywhere, smog or not. The sun doesn't get red at the sunset because of smog, for example.

Just to head it off, I'm not saying smog isn't an issue. But the moon being orange/getting red isn't because of smog.
>>
>>19529528
Shit, wait, i forgot, this is /x/

The moon is orange because of...ghosts.
>>
>>19528520
smoke from a bunch of wildfires anon
>>
>>19528616

That guys knows it's a fire and not a flood, right?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.