[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hearing voices .. don't know what to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

File: beer-hall-putsch.jpg (372KB, 2000x1301px) Image search: [Google]
beer-hall-putsch.jpg
372KB, 2000x1301px
Hello. I just posted this on /Pol and they sent me here instead. So here goes: I'm not a crazy person, but I've been hearing voices in my head for a few weeks now. It was sort of ramping up for the past year or so as my own sort of hyper thinking , like talking to myself in my head. But I am now hearing a voice that is not me own (it even told me it's name). Like last night I was hanging out with some friends and I heard the voice saying "Over there! Over there! Over there!" and I was looking all over the room and each time I looked somewhere the voice would say "no over there!" And then I realized everyone was watching me , with my eyes darting around the room. We all just laughed I just pretended I was zoning out. I'm getting a bit worried because the voice has starting to say negative things. Like at work I was talking to my supervisor and the voice was saying "he stole from you! He stole from you!" again and again (my supervisor never did that, he's actually a great guy).

Is there any way I can deal with this without having to tell anyone in real life? Could it just be caused by stress and will it go away on its own?

It comes and goes. I haven't heard the voice at all today. I'm going camping tomorrow tho, I'm scared shitless the voice will say something to freak me out.
>>
>>19528192
>>19528192
Hello op i am the guy with the Faraday cage post in the other thread.

First you need a center point, something that can guide you in this chaotic state.

First, get the helmet, if you notice a deviation in the flux of the voices, a lower amount of them or with distortion or a diminishing in the volume of the voices, f-great, its a force outside of your head, go and take the next step and get a Faraday cage, you can get lots of blueprints from the internet and i recommend you pay your local electrician for the delicate/dangerous parts.

Two, anon, if both of those methods dont work, you need start accepting that you might have schizophrenia to a certain degree, you will need a catscan of your brain and true proper medical support for this condition.

What brought my attention to this was the fact the voices told you to join ISIS, which, is very odd now that you mention, because there are several cases of youung people who joined ISIS and they seem for a better lack of words, out of it.
>>
You have schizophrenia. It's a mental disorder. Google it.
>>
>>19528259
What are you talking about? What is this helmet?

And I never said the voice said that.
>>
>>19528259
>What brought my attention to this was the fact the voices told you to join ISIS

where did you read that?
>>
>>19528270

This
>>
>>19528192
demons, but do take medication for paranoid schizophrenia it works against them
>>
yeah that's textbook schizophrenia my man, I'm sorry
>>
>>19528259
who the fuck are you really?

>>19528310
I want to know the same thing. Where did he read that?

OP does that anon who said "the voices told you to join ISIS" know what he's talking about? Was telling the truth? Because if so this person is likely the one fucking with your head.
>>
>>19528192
You have an insecurity that is manifest as schizoid paranoia, and the reason for that is probably information overload.

Practice reading aloud until you can memorize documents efficiently by heart. Don't go camping if you feel afraid. Get help from a doctor after you can easily memorize whatever you hear.
>>
I am mildly schizophrenic friend you have a problem.
>>
>>19528192

Hey anon, I think that you should probably seek medical attention. There's a good chance that the voices you hear are the result of schizophrenia.
If that's the case, you should start treatment so you can return to a more normal state of mind.
If the treatment DOESN'T work, then at least we scratched that off the list and we can focus on new possibilities. Schizophrenia is just the most likely, which is why we want to assess it first.
Please don't delay in seeking help!
>>
File: 2017-09-02 02-29-22.png (180KB, 1023x662px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-02 02-29-22.png
180KB, 1023x662px
>>19528310
Pic related, i was in the thread, OPs in serious danger to himself if he doesnt remember it.
>>
>>19528294
Check this post >>19528426, unless you are another person, my mistake in advances.
>>
>>19528192
Stress did it to me. I've developed full-on schizophrenia. I had 2-1/2 years of devastating tragedy, one after another, sometimes concurrently. I hear voices, I see things move, I see shadow people, and people always tell me I've changed or ask how I'm doing. Stress can fuck you up. It won't go away, If you're having problems with it, please go see a reputable psychiatrist. And never agree to hospitalization.
>>
>>19528192
Ever heard of a fucking psychiatrist?
>>
>>19528456
Maybe you should go there rather than asking strangers online for help, you fucking moron.
>>
>>19528450
I'm not this Anon, but I've been working in a mental hospital for a few months now. I think that hospitalization is as bad as it sounds and yet sometimes it's the only option for some people.
>>
>>19528450
Listen to this guy he knows what he's talking about. Hospitalization fucking sucks, you're basically signing your freedom over to your psychiatrist and if they are incompetent you're going to be spending longer than needed. I spent three days in the hospital for depression and it was the worst three days of my life, still affects me more than a year later. Did way more harm than good.

Find a good psych doc and try some anti-psychotics to see if they alleviate the aural hallucinations. Best of luck my dude.
>>
>>19528192
Options
A telepaths fucking with you
B demon
C paranoia
D ghost
Suggestion
If said voice wont stfu then do not do anything negative that it tells you
>>
As for the rest of you

Not qualified mental health profeshonals do not make diagnosises

This is schitzophrenia and its not funny
https://youtu.be/wrA4NHvFTuo
>>
Glad the post was migrated, my reply didn't post because it had been removed from /pol/.

The first thing you need to do is to go to a private place and have a long internal talk (internal = thinking in your mind) with the voice.

Find out if the voice intends on being a friend or a foe.

If it intends on being a foe, you can go the chemical route others have talked about, and you can be drugged up so much that the voice will never be heard again.

But if the voice wants to be a friend, you can have a very productive very happy relationship with it.

As far as your boss goes... how do you know he didn't steal from you? It's possible that the voice is right and you are wrong. Find out WHY the voice thinks he stole from you.
>>
>>19528192
Do not talk to the trolls

Do you hear said voices when alone

Are they audible or in your head
>>
>>19528578
I do work in a mental health hospital.

Suddenly hearing voices that come from within is a schizophrenia symptom. No one is giving him the diagnosis. He still should get checked.
>>
>>19528192
I heard a lady screaming inside my head until I was ten years old. I remember telling her that I didn't care, and her yelling got less and less loud over time because I didn't feed her basically. I don't hear her anymore.
>>
>>19528655
Again

Not qualified
>>
>>19528639
if somebody is crazy a voice in their head would sound like its coming from outside anyway are you stupid? they wouldn't know the difference
>>
>>19528655
People might be screwin with him

Which i have dealt with and caught before
>>
>>19528660
I do have a bachelor in psychology. I think that it's not in OPs best interest to disregard sound advice because people are not posting their credentials on 4chan. He got as valid advice as you can hope for.
>>
>>19528668
Wrong
>>
>>19528685
give it a little more time
>>
>>19528681
Sure now

He has yet to answer

Back off

Or fbi subpena with interagency coop
>>
>>19528703
how much are they paying you?
>>
>>19528192
here is what I say
you are probably being attacked by an obsessor spirit, it is normal though, but you seem to have greater paranormal senses so you can hear what he says directly while most of us only get bad moods or strange ideas
>>
>>19528712
>>
>>19528720
Hey cunt f off
>>
>>19528703
Oh, sorry. I forgot that tripfags are the only qualified people in this board.

OP: No one is telling you what's wrong with you or not. But the first step is to make sure you don't have schizophrenia. If you do have it, then it's a matter of medication to go back to normal.

If the voices are benign, it's okay to learn to live without them. But they giving you orders? Not really good.
>>
>>19528192
There's a good TED Talk on this OP. Worth checking out.
>>
>>19528728
how could a secondary voice in somebodys head be benign lmao
>>
>>19528728
Complaint form open
>>
In the case that you have a mental disorder do NOT take the pills, those things make something to your brain but isn't for you to get better. Do not take them.
>>
Bro u have testicular cancer. I am 100% being serious. Go get ur nuts checked. I had a buddy do the same thing we all thought he was going crazy. Hope this helps.
>>
That does it

Filling out form
>>
>>19528730
They -can- be benign. It's more rare in North America, but schizophrenia in places like India tends to manifest as more, you know, childish ones.

Usually you hear about the voices telling you to kill something because that kind of people flip the fuck out. If a person is functional with schizophrenia you wouldn't necessarily notice.
>>
>>19528668

No it wouldn't, it's entirely different.

Its like the voice you hear in your head when you think, though sometimes it sounds different.
>>
>>139528731

Ask any of the thousands of mystics through human history.
>>
Complaint with fed filed
>>
>>19528734
>>19528757
>>19528807
You sure you aren't the mentally ill one here? Being this desperate for attention
>>
>>19528807
Yeah, good luck slapping me with a federal complaint when I'm not in the states, imbecile.
>>
The sad part is...

200 years ago, if he were native american,he would have been made a shaman

100 years ago (and even to a certain extent today), if he were in America he would fit right in with the Quaker religion.

What he has is what a million evangelicals have.

But to the non-spiritual, it is a mental illness that has to be stopped with drugs.
>>
>>19528846
Only if it's detrimetal
>>
>>19528786
what i'm saying is that they wouldn't be able to differentiate between which of the voices they are hearing are real or not so how would they know to be able to answer the original question of whether the voices were audible or in their head
>>
>>19528192
You're not a crazy person.

You're a schizophrenic. Trust me, I'm a shrink and we learn this on first year: it starts with auditory hallucinations and many patients start hearing things like someone calling them ("psst, over here") and darker things ("you're empty").

https://www.livingwithschizophreniauk.org/advice-sheets/coping-with-voices/

Don't worry, if you catch it early it's manageable. Go to a psychiatrist ASAP.

But If you don't... it's going to get much much worse.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.