[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do love spells backfire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4790.jpg (34KB, 625x616px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4790.jpg
34KB, 625x616px
Why do love spells backfire?
>>
>>19526844

They don't, they do exactly what they were designed to do. The problem is people are incompetent in scripting them/use copypastad scripts from incompetent people.
>>
Did you use Potion #9?
>>
>>19526844
Love is an emotion that is incredibly important to human evolution and society. It grows out of necessity so that it doesn't fail. You would have to constantly update the spell. You can't really do that though so they don't keep working.
>>
>>19526850
So how do you write one that's good?
>>
>>19526844
They don't, maybe it will not go as planned but you will stop loving her/him
>>
>>19526857
what?
>>
because of your own guilt
>>
Karma. Stop trying to fuck with someone else's free will.
>>
>>19527578
>………………_„-,-~''~''':::'':::':::::''::::''~-,~
>…………._,-'':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::''-„
>………..,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|
>………,-'::::::::::::„:„„-~-~--'~-'~--~-~--~--~„:,'
>……..,'::::::::::,~'': : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : '-|
>……..|::::::::,-': : : : : : : : - -~''''¯¯''-„: : : : : :\
>……..|::::::::|: : : : : : : : : _„„--~'''''~-„: : : : : '|
>……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
>………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯¯|¯",
>………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: |¯¯|
>……..,~-,_/'': : : |: _ o__): : |: : : :|_o__): \.. |
>……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„______\-'
>……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : :\
>………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ,'
>……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
>………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|
>………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: : : |
>…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
>…………..|: :''-,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|
>…………..',: : :''-, : : : : : : : : :: : : : : : : : ,'
>……………| : : : : : : : : :_ : : : : : : : : : : ,-'
>……………|: : : : : : : : : : '''~----------~'': :,'
>…………._|: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|
>……….„-''. '-,_: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ,'
>……,-''. . . . . '''~-„_: : : : : : : : : : : : :,-''',

i think not
>>
File: 1494206773767.jpg (152KB, 484x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494206773767.jpg
152KB, 484x500px
>>19526844
>Why do love spells backfire?
Because spells of that nature violate a persons free will and that sort of thing is generally frowned upon...
>>
>>19526857
That fucking perfume
>>
>>19526844
Because they are real
>>
[Practical Magic] "The product doesn't work" - "That's a date" -
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H65_-tC6c6E
>>
File: IMG_0083.jpg (301KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0083.jpg
301KB, 1024x768px
>>19527593
>>
>>19526844
Murphy's Law!
>>
>>19526844
You can't out magic love.
>>
One time I did a love spell to help me find a cute asian girl. I was in Hawaii. I found a girl at a bar and took her home. She gave me a blow job. She gave me her number and I called her back a week later, she picked up the phone and said, "This is Michael."
>>
Because it's selfish and one sided.
>>
As soon as a person who you do not find attractive places a love spell on you, then you will understand why they don't work.
>>
>>19526844
>Why do love spells backfire?
Because God is Love, and you can't control God by magic.

"Lust" spells might possibly work, but only for a time. Love is preordained and as powerful as the Creator Himself.
>>
>>19526844
Simple. Doing it wrong.
>>
File: 1504274632580.jpg (108KB, 541x960px) Image search: [Google]
1504274632580.jpg
108KB, 541x960px
They don't, they don't even fucking work
>>
>>19527998
If two people agree to love each other more deeply would it work then?
>>
>>19528930
i hope so :(
>>
>>19528969
me too
>>
>>19528930
>If two people agree to love each other more deeply would it work then?
yes. true love is a decision, not a feeling.

it will never be a feeling.

google agape.
>>
>>19526844
Just move on.
>>
>>19529334
decisions are feelings YOU FUCKING PRICK
>>
>>19529508
>decisions are feelings YOU FUCKING PRICK
No.

A feeling is variable and subject to change, a decision is not.

decision
[dih-sizh-uh n]
noun

-the act or process of deciding; determination, as of a question or doubt, by making a judgment:
"They must make a decision between these two contestants."

-the act of or need for making up one's mind:
"This is a difficult decision."
- something that is decided; resolution:
"She made a poor decision when she dropped out of school."

-the quality of being decided; firmness:
"He spoke with decision and calm authority."

feeling
[fee-ling]

-physical sensation not connected with sight, hearing, taste, or smell.

-the general state of consciousness considered independently of particular sensations, thoughts, etc.

-an emotion or emotional perception or attitude:
"a feeling of joy; a feeling of sorrow."

Feelings change every day, sometimes every minute. Decisions do not.

Feelings are sensations, decisions are resolutions that motivate actions.

Live by feelings and you will never find permanency and happiness.

"until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God, as we mature to the full measure of the stature of Christ. Then we will no longer be infants, tossed about by the waves and carried around by every wind of teaching and by the clever cunning of men in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Christ Himself, who is the head." - Ephesians 4:12-15
>>
>>19526844
There's nothing wrong with love spells, but there's everything wrong with putting a love spell on someone. Targeting them. Because as others pointed out already, free will. You can create feelings in that person, but it's not your place to do so and you will be punished for it accordingly.

Spells to attract people or to prompt someone to talk to you are harmless. So is using a spell to make yourself appear more attractive.
>>
>>19529531
>What is changing your mind

Really gets the ol' spongecake squirmin'
>>
>>19529531
decisions are feelings
you are an moron
>>
>>19526844
You can't spell love without Djangmikcfspubzxywqrt
(Xang-mic-fis-pub-zeew-curt)
>>
>>19529560
>Spells to attract people or to prompt someone to talk to you
>to prompt someone to talk to you
Could you help me with this?
>>
>>19531362
I cannot. Nothing personal. I just don't think practicing any form of magic is for people who haven't studied the subject for a while. I know you haven't, because if you did you wouldn't be asking this question and you'd be able to whip up something yourself pretty quick.
The reason why I don't think you should be practicing is less for any danger and more so because if you don't know how to use your energy in the right way you'll never be able to make a spell work. Someone experienced can make a spell out of twigs, or make up a rhyme on the spot, but give someone with no experience the most expensive, strong ingredients, or the most elaborate ancient ritual and they won't be able to produce magic in a million years if they can't figure out how to concentrate right.

What I'm saying is it's a skill you have to work on. If it's a quick fix you want, this isn't it. If it was, everyone would be fixing their problems with magic.
>>
>>19527618
Kek
>>
>>19531482
This
>>
Because you have to "Be there" when the 'wave' hits the bitch. Otherwise she gets immediate hots for the nearest guy, proximity, proximity!

This isn't just with 'formal' spells and working, also your run-of-the-mill pining/adoring/obsessing can have similar effects.

You gotta be the 'guy in the room' with her, otherwise some random gets the gig
>>
>>19531482
Fuck off faggot, trying to be edgy on a shit thread
>>
>>19527678
Frowned upon by people of the 20th/21st century. Big deal. There's no such thing as karma or 3x3 crap, so what's going to happen? You get tutted at by Wiccans? Oh no!
>>
There's the spell to summon me
You find something with lots of estrogen
Grab it and say "I'm feeling Lucky."
It almost always backfires!
>>
>>19529560
You really won't be punished. Your belief system gives you that "morality", it doesn't mean it's real or applicable to everyone else.
>>
>>19532576
Lol, okay.

>>19532666
>You really won't be punished.
Yeah, you're right, that was a bad word choice. I don't have much of a belief system, I'm not religious in any capacity, but not once have I seen a spell that messes with one's free will not backfire. I've seen it screw with people's head, their health and bring them more misery than they ever bargained for.
>>
>>19529595
>>What is changing your mind
>Really gets the ol' spongecake squirmin'
If you change your mind, you're exercising an act of your will to do so. An act of will is an action, not a feeling. Think of it this way, a feeling is a sensation, it's passive. A decision is an action, it's active. Two totally different things.

Believe it or not, modern human personality theory states that we choose who we love.

Both men and women choose prospective mates by combining their scores on several key attributes. This is the reason that despite the fact that I am of short stature (all other things equal, women prefer taller men), I married a highly desirable woman. My height (or lack thereof) was compensated by other qualities (too modest to list them all!). With that in mind, behavioral decision theories distinguish between two types of decision-making strategies, namely compensatory and non-compensatory rules. I’ll discuss three such rules, the Weighted Additive Rule (compensatory), the Lexicographic Rule (non-compensatory), and the Conjunctive Rule (non-compensatory), each of which will be explained below.
>>
>>19526844
She came back early and saw me cuming in her cup :(
>>
>>19532666
>You really won't be punished. Your belief system gives you that "morality", it doesn't mean it's real or applicable to everyone else.
Speak for yourself, Satan.
>>
>>19533056
>I’ll discuss three such rules, the Weighted Additive Rule (compensatory), the Lexicographic Rule (non-compensatory), and the Conjunctive Rule (non-compensatory), each of which will be explained below.
Weighted Additive Rule

For each alternative do the following: For each attribute, multiply its score by its importance weight and add these up to arrive at a total score. Repeat for both alternatives and then choose the alternative that scores the highest overall.

Individual A’s total score is: (2 x 0.50) + (8 x 0.25) + (9 x 0.25) = 5.25

Individual B’s total score is: (4 x 0.5) + (1 x 0.25) + (1 x 0.25) = 2.50

Hence, since Individual A’s overall score is greater than Individual B’s, he/she is the winning alternative. Note that despite the fact that Individual A scored poorly on status, he/she was able to compensate for it by scoring highly on the other two attributes.

Now let’s look at the Lexicographic Rule (non-compensatory).

Lexicographic Rule

Choose the alternative that scores the highest on your most important attribute (status in the above example). Since Individual B scores higher than Individual A on status (4 versus 2), he/she is chosen. It does not matter that Individual A is the better overall catch. He/she cannot compensate for the fact that Individual B wins out on status.

Let’s examine another non-compensatory rule known as the Conjunctive Rule.

Conjunctive Rule

Inspect each of the competing alternatives and only keep the ones that pass your minimal attribute cutoffs. For example, you might be unwilling to date an individual who does not score at least a 5 on each of the three attributes. In such an instance, both individuals A and B would not be chosen, as they each have at least one attribute whose score is below 5.

So to summarize:

When the Weighted Additive Rule was used, Individual A was chosen.

When the Lexicographic Rule was used, Individual B was chosen

When the Conjunctive Rule was used, both were rejected!
>>
>>19529605
>decisions are feelings
>you are an moron
Decisions are actions, feelings are sensations.

Sensations are sensory input that informs your decisions, but the act of deciding is different from the sensory inputs (including feelings) you used to decide which decision to make.

Whether you consciously acknowledge this or not, you decide who you love. We all do. It;s a well known psychological fact, despite all the modern-day culturally uninformed zeitgeist that says otherwise.

And we are all free to choose, but we are not free from the consequences of our choices.
>>
>>19528930
>If two people agree to love each other more deeply would it work then?
Two people agreeing to love each other is deciding to falling love, to choose each other as a life mate, and yes, that will work without supernatural help.
>>
Because you didn't do it properly.
>>
>>19529595
>>What is changing your mind
>Really gets the ol' spongecake squirmin'
Feelings always change unpredictably, whether you want them to or not.

Yout CHOOSE to change your mind, which is, itself, an act of will at a time of your choosing.

Key difference.
>>
>>19526844
all spells backfire, I thought that was the agreement? You are making a temporary happening in exchange for your own karma. That's why even magi say to do your own work, that way you already induce karma and your goal ends up being the compensation.
>>
>>19533763
Nope. Your religious influences are evident and you are very very wrong. To manipulate reality through the use of magic is no different than manipulating it through physical means. There's nothing wrong or bad about it at all, but rest assured trouble will find you if you don't follow rules. And not the rules of any religion mind you, but the unspoken rules that become very obvious with a little studying and practising.

Witchcraft itself won't have any effect on your karma, being a piece of shit will.
>>
>>19526844

Because love is a construct. If spells would function, only on a physical level with the caster needing to know how to activate the needed process to induce love. YOu need to contact being that are proficient but good luck with that since communication is vague at best. Try putting parts of you body in the food od your love interest
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.