[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you be a Christian and a witch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4668.jpg (111KB, 543x1026px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4668.jpg
111KB, 543x1026px
Can you be a Christian and a witch?
>>
Depends if you think Solomon was a 'wizard' in the (biblical) sense of the word

I for one don't

Generally I'd think mystic Christianity is OK'd but not 'witchcraft' in its own sense of the word

At the risk of being b8'd, the verse:
"Thou shalt not suffer the witch to live"
Is quite clear on the matter.
>>
File: IMG_3198.jpg (56KB, 460x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3198.jpg
56KB, 460x758px
I practice magick. I call myself a witch. But that's because other people would. Most people I meet will literally call me a wizard.

Be warned, though, that Yaweh cries out for your blood's sacrifice. Perhaps you would prefer Odinism, from which Christianity stole literally all its most likeable aspects from.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>19525651
you are a tard.
the word used in the original Hebrew translates to either "evil magic user" or "poisoner".
if you want to do magic and follow something abrahamic, it is simple: DON'T BE AN EVIL JACKASS.
>>
Corinthians 10:21

You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.
>>
>>19525681
Not a tard or an evil jackals

I just mentioned Solomon because all the grand works there seem to be based on aligned will with God and not some edgy evil jackasses grimoire. Otherwise the Jews would've stoned him.

Also the verse. Translated or not; doesn't mince words and if you have eyes to see then don't be an evil jackass is pretty obvious.
>>
>>19525633
Any congregation that leaves men open to genital mutilation, but protects c u n t s from the same, is in reality a witches' coven.
>>
>>19525633
No.

>>19525651
Solomon was an apostate to Yahwism.
>>
>>19525633
Of course you can. God judges different people by different standards. Caesar and the slave have different parts to play. If you need to practice witchcraft or drink with demons or even commune with Satan to get shit done, God already knows. Just follow your heart and do what you think is right. Do what you think will help people, removing all cruelty from your heart and without forgetting even the lowliest slave. The Bible was written for the common pleb, not Caesar. Caesar's moral decisions are far more complex because he is more complex.

I'm going to study the Bible when I'm older because of its cultural significance (e.g., liberalism was built on it) and my interest in Gnosticism. But I already know not to obsess over every word like it's a legal document.

Think: who got Jesus killed? The Pharisees. Don't be a Pharisee. Such people belong in an ivory tower doing the pilpul routine, not the real world where the Bible's advice becomes more hazy.

If you want to play it safe, then get out of my way. You're welcome to pray for me though; I'm one of the good guys.
>>
>>19525633

Nope. Absolutely not.
>>
>>19525946
Hey now, there's some of us that don't circumcise since, you know, we aren't Jewish.
>>
>>19525633
No. All religions reject everything occult. Christianity is especially strict, even esoteric sects have limited common grounds with core dogmas.
>>
>>19527543
Why are you so concerned about Christianity, anon? Tell me where Christianity touched you.

Grow around Christianity. I'm telling you right now: do not be Maosists and attempt to remove it from history.

Maoism is the most autistic ideology in human history, bar none, period.
>>
>>19525695
Try me, I eat three turkeys on Thanksgiving.
>>
>>19525695
Challenge accepted
>>
>>19525695
One can be both the leader of a band of devil worshippers and best friends with the pope/a respected and devout holy man

T. I play CK2
>>
It depends on what you consider a witch. Also, consider you can have premarital sex, lie, and even murder while still remaining a Christian. >>19527543 This person has the best answer.

I asked what you consider a witch because prophecy is respectable. The gift of prophecy is provided through God's wisdom and knowledge. There's dream interpretation and lot drawing featured in the text. If you want something juicier and controversial, there are Christian tarot readers, albeit rare. The deck of cards itself is not special, and only prescribes human meaning to a set of meaningless variables. The reader will begin the session by praying directly to God for an answer reflected through the drawing. Arguably, it falls under prophecy. That's as spicy as it gets for the most part.
>>
>>19525633
Witch is a label slapped on people by the Vatican. I guess if your not a Satanic witch, yes?

>Does slaughtering millions of people make you a Christian?
>>
>>19525651
>At the risk of being b8'd, the verse:
>"Thou shalt not suffer the witch to live"
>Is quite clear on the matter.
This is Old Testament.

The OT is replaced by the New Testament, in which Jesus' blood covers all sins, and the only unforgivable sin is Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which one does not do by accident.

By my reading, Jesus will save a witch, however I would think He would desire you not to do such witchcraft, for your own good, so you can have all the salvation, blessings, power, and peace He gives for free.

Start by accepting Him as your personal Savior, and see what He asks of you. It's a personal relationship with a living Christ, not second hand knowledge from other men.
>>
>>19525695
>Corinthians 10:21
>You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.
My interpretation is that you cannot drink Jesus' blood (communion) and commune with demons. For the same reason you can't be a bug, and snort Raid. It will kill your flesh, even though it does not affect your salvation under Grace.

"Each one must examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body eats and drinks judgment on himself. That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep (died)." - 1 Corinthians 11:29

This doesn't just apply to "witches", it applies to anybody who fails to examine themselves and their sins and repent before taking communion.

It doesn't apply to eternal salvation.
>>
>>19525633
You can be anything you want sweetie.
>>
File: stars.jpg (168KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
stars.jpg
168KB, 720x960px
>>19525633
Yes, you can. The world is a magical place.
It is not the actions you take, but the state of your heart, that truly matters to God.
If you perform magic in a state of love and harmony with divine will, and do not use it harm others, it is just like any other normal act before Gods' judgement.
Those who express otherwise say so out of fear of what they cannot understand or comprehend. It was man who hid magic from the world, not God.
>>
>>19528527
>replaced
no
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.