[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interesting places in southern Oregon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: oregon-county-map.gif (26KB, 750x478px) Image search: [Google]
oregon-county-map.gif
26KB, 750x478px
My buddies and I are locals of Jackson County and have always wanted to explore deeper into strange places and things in the local area, we just don't know really where to start. There's the obvious Oregon Vortex that everybody and their grandmother knows about but we want to get into more of the obscure things like abandoned buildings/facilities or places that are "haunted". I remember when growing up that there were rumors of an old underground facility out in the hills of the Rogue Valley but I can't find anything on it. You guys know of anything interesting out here in Jackson County in Oregon?
>>
>>19523042
Eagle Point anon here. The only thing spooky about our area is all the dead chicks buried up in prospect, killed by the meth and sex trafficking ring out of shady cove.
>>
>>19523250
Spooky but can't really explore that. Reminds me though of the beheaded dude out in Ashland.
>>
PNW is the most /x/ part of the United States (I've lived all over). In my experience, just fucking pick a town with a library, go there, and ask the librarian about the local historian. Talk to that guy.

You're not going to find websites with the good shit. You might find some of it in older books, but it isn't likely.

There are a couple of Black Atlases out there, but you're not going to find one of those.
>>
Jackson county is it now.

You, are surrounded by the dead.

Cemetery Rd, Jacksonville, OR 97530

2763 Riley Rd, Eagle Point, OR 97524

5931 OR-238, Jacksonville, OR 97530
>>
That last one, is "log town" cemetery.
>>
File: missing_mapAparks.jpg (198KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
missing_mapAparks.jpg
198KB, 1280x853px
Don't "go missing" now.
>>
http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2016/05/14/missing-in-the-united-states/
>>
>>19523338
I've been to the cemetery up Cemetery Road, huge cemetery we have there. Very pretty at night during the summer (when there aren't fucking forest fires) to look up from the hill there at the stars, a scenic place for the dead to rest.
>>
>>19523381
Look at the number of missing people surrounding those, cemeteries.
>>
Then there is this of course.

2 car loads of people, both went into the same lake a year apart and were found about 40 years later.

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2013/09/17/three-teens-missing-for-over-40-years-found-at-bottom-of-lake/
>>
File: 6a9a7-fosslake2.jpg (58KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
6a9a7-fosslake2.jpg
58KB, 600x400px
yes the bodies were found in the vehicles.

Well, what was left of them.

Reality.
>>
You could always, drive down, I84
Lots of people went missing around there. With a large grouping at Portland.

Check the map I left you. Just remember, do not enter any abandoned buildings around the missing people.

Sometimes, people arn't missing, sometimes, they are just, waiting.
>>
Here you go, one close to you.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2943dfor.html
>>
Well that is it for me tonight.

I have to go back to sleep in my car now. Nighty Night, don't let the missing people bite.
>>
There's something about canyonville I find unsettling, but I haven't got anything specific.
>>
>>19523305
Forgot to mention the other thing. There is a town at the bottom of Applegate Lake. Copper, OR, I think it was called.
>>
>>19523547
The word you're looking for is Methamphetamine.
>>
>>19523674
That's the ghost town right? Didn't it get flooded or something?
>>
>>19523694
Yeah. Was an old mining town. When they built the dam they just left the town in the lake bed. Can be seen sometime when the water gets real low near this time of year.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.