[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blue whale thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: blue whale challenge.png (1MB, 1170x645px) Image search: [Google]
blue whale challenge.png
1MB, 1170x645px
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/girl-17-exposed-worldwide-mastermind-11079855

THe russians arrested the people behind the blue whale game, if you are not familial with it, it is a game where kids were tasked with performing 50 tasks over 50 days that culminated with blackmailing the individual to commit suicide. What does /x/ think about kids playing it? were they just stupid an gullible? is it a generational thing because of access to technology?
>>
I don't want to be rude but my one and only thought about this is: People are fucking retarded.
>>
I don't want to be rude but my one and only thought about this is: this isn't /x/ related
>>
>>19522466
This could be quite horrific, anyone know any good stories?
>>
>>19522466
Were do i sign to play one of that kind of games?
>>
>>19522564
How it is literally kids being influence to be stupid.
>>
>>19522578
But stupid and self destructive, thus max detail would be fun.
>>
>>19522590
Please keep this thread alive I need to know now give me the stories.
>>
File: 1490311490567.png (223KB, 426x852px) Image search: [Google]
1490311490567.png
223KB, 426x852px
>>19522578

>kid sees fun looking game
>at first game task is innocent
>50 days later "an hero or your family dies"

>>19522547

it was a mystery game, started like an ARG, this is just closure for any questions, and a discussion of how these things can start (like cults)
>>
>>19522598

Chennai: A 19-year-old boy committed suicide by hanging himself in Madurai in the latest incident of Blue Whale suicide.

This is the first reported Blue Whale death in Tamil Nadu. Police said the second year BCom student was found hanging by his father on Wednesday evening.

A police officer said a picture of blue whale was drawn on his hand and a suicide note has also been recovered. “Blue Whale is not a game but danger and once entered you can never exit,” the note read.

Concerned over the rise in suicides by children, the Central government has banned the Blue Whale game. The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology had issued instructions to internet platforms, including Google India, Facebook, WhatsApp, Yahoo India, Instagram and Microsoft India, to identify and immediately remove links to Blue Whale Challenge and all other similar games.

The order also asks the internet platforms to report to police and other law enforcement agencies about the proponent of this game.

There have been several reports of Blue Whale deaths in the country, but very few of them have been established. The deadly game that overpowers kids and asks them to commit suicide has enjoyed a surge of popularity recently and has become a talking point in the nation.

In this shadowy underground challenge-based game, teens are given tasks to complete that include things ranging from something mundane to inflicting self-harm. There are 50 levels, with the extreme nature of the tasks growing by each level. Game ‘administrators’ elicit the personal information of the kids to ensure they do not back out.

The tasks in the game include climbing a crane, carving a specific phrase on the person’s own hand or arm, doing secret tasks, poking a needle in the arm or leg, standing on a bridge and roof, listening to music, and watching videos sent to the challengers by the administrator. The final level is committing suicide.
>>
blue whale was fake news. bs propagated by the russian propaganda chain of sites in all of eastern europe. im from romania and we had like 3 blue whale cases that turned to be faked by the kids for attention after hearing from it in shit media.

but in fact there were no actual cases.

just fear mongering for idiots. the internet is dangerous. people are trying to manipulate our kids.

one of those fake news stories meant to increase globalization resistance and fear of change in the population of shit countries so they dont question their leaders. kind of wokerd. bit of an hysteria in the media. fear sells. fear of blue whales. black ambulances that steal organs and other east european uneducated urban legends
>>
>>19522608
It's times like these where I am happy to have almost zero ambition even playing a game seems like work.
>>
>>19522609
>blue whale was fake news

it might have been blown out of scale (only 150 deaths i think) but it was anything but fake
>>
>>19522652
So they didn't post news for it? Or has it all been deleted.
>>
>>19522656
>The police is in most cases checking the mobile phone or computer of the victim to find some evidence. But it is not an app or a link that one downloads and plays. The game is mainly played on social media apps, online gaming groups, message boards and online community messaging areas. There are code words that one uses to reach out to the administrators of the game – like F57 or F58 – and these codes keep changing. Once contact has been made, the player and administrator move to a private chatroom. Even the tasks keep changing. So something like getting up at 4:20 am or self-injury, which people are writing about as signs that the kids are playing the game, might not be a part of it anymore, making it difficult to track.”

literally a suicide ARG
>>
I don't understand why this would ever happen

>>19522652
Only? Is that a joke?
>>
>>19522679

well with more than that dying of hunger on a daily basis, 150 is a small number, also links were hard for authorities to follow, and it was called an urban legend because children told their parent's that it was a joke
>>
File: train.png (292KB, 602x258px) Image search: [Google]
train.png
292KB, 602x258px
>>19522679
>>
Now that I think about it, how were these kids to even be convinced to get in this game? But no matter the scale if there's been one case of 50 days of forced cutting and other vague tortures then I'd very much like to know what exactly happened.
>>
>>19522746

conflicting sources of introduction ,
>dark web spookieness
>normiebook
>twitter

basically kids got paired with an "admin" who told them what task to do and to admit no affiliation with the game
>>
File: assburger so much that it hurts.jpg (16KB, 292x271px) Image search: [Google]
assburger so much that it hurts.jpg
16KB, 292x271px
>>19522466
>blue whale
>it's a humpback
>>
>>19522762
But I'm wondering for one thing what exactly the pitch was to have allegedly gotten the victims involved. "Hey kid wanna kill yourself? Don't worry, you will."
>>
Why do kids agree to play that game?

How do you win a game where you kill yourself at the end?
>>
>>19522766
Checkmate children this is why you don't do drugs and then create a shittire game
>>
File: 1417292357457.png (195KB, 344x352px) Image search: [Google]
1417292357457.png
195KB, 344x352px
>>19522608
>In this shadowy underground challenge-based game, teens are given tasks to complete
>The final level is committing suicide

Fucking edgy
>>
>>19522911
Then what are we supposed to do on drugs?
>>
>>19522935
For /x/ standards apparently get enlightened these kids can learn a few things about being a neet degenerate from this place.
>>
>>19522888
>nice digits

kids are fucking stupid, they dont have fully developed brains, and wanting to be accepted can be a powerful tool, also the whole "you have come too far, kys or your family dies" is probably a strong motivator
>>
>>19522977
Nice digits yourself.

I actually didn't know that other part - the "your family dies" part. I can see young kids believing that sort of thing.
>>
>>19522958
Better they see it here than somewhere they could get suicided.
>>
File: por-que-meme.jpg (22KB, 326x311px) Image search: [Google]
por-que-meme.jpg
22KB, 326x311px
que mierda te pasa ha
>>
Any Russofags able to translate the facebook conversations they show in the video attached to that article?
>>
>>19522466
I was sure this was just a meme or a creepypasta. I dont mean this in an edgy way but the rush the creator must have gotten from making people suicide must be insane
>>
>>19523036

> the rush the creator must have gotten from making people suicide must be insane

don't most psychopaths?
>>
>>19523036
From wikipedia
>Philipp Budeikin, a former psychology student who was expelled from his university, claimed that he invented the game. Budeikin stated that his purpose was to "clean" the society by pushing to suicide those he deemed as having no value.
I guess he saw it has a sort of eugenics program
>>
>>19522746
>>19522888
If I remember correctly, most the people involved were from really depressing parts of Eastern Europe and Russian. They likely had some legit shit to be upset about.
>>
>>19523089

in other words he tried to go full Hannibal lecter mode and rid society of people he deemed inferior through using his skills in psychology??
>>
>>19523098
Russia/Poland etc have extremely high suicide rate so guess he picked the right place.
>>
>>19522766
I've just realised that, kek. Well spotted.
>>
>>19523098
If only it could've happened somewhere more annoying... like Italy.
>>
File: 20170615_014350.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_014350.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Come bump with me and this creepy house.
>>
>>19523421
I do not know why it's sideways... ... dot dot dot
>>
>>19522466
Some people are just extreme retard.
>>
I want to see a list of all 50 tasks... The first couple semi-innocent tasks sound so much more interesting to me than "ZOMG CUT YRSELF & DIE!" Mind control techniques like Boiling Frogs are way more fascinating.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.