[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can people believe in Noah's Ark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: gilgamesh-and-enkidu.jpg (69KB, 658x436px) Image search: [Google]
gilgamesh-and-enkidu.jpg
69KB, 658x436px
I don't realy understand how some people can think that Noah's Ark was real, or even trust the Bible for it

It's all copied from the Epic of Gilgamesh, one of the first man-made story, if not the first. (about 4000 years old)

It's taken from the part with Utanapishtim, just look up his story, it's basically the same.

There's also other links such as Enkidu/Shamat and Adam/Eve...

What is fun is that the Epic of Gilgamesh is overall a story where Gilgamesh surpasses the gods (like when he kills Gugalanna and says to Ishtar to fuck off)
While the Bible is more about submission to a god.
>>
>>19520670
Being indoctrinated from early childhood, mostly.
>>
>>19520670
the godfags won't like this. expect trouble.
>>
>>19520685

I know that, sadly

>>19520678

That's quite sad too
>>
>>19520670
that is because noah/utanapishtim is an archetype not a person, so is gilgamesh and so is enkidu, so are abel and cain and many others. stop taling everything literally think about what are they symbol of for humanity.
>>
>>19520670
>It's all copied from the Epic of Gilgamesh, one of the first man-made story, if not the first. (about 4000 years old)
It's taken from the part with Utanapishtim, just look up his story, it's basically the same.

Are you in high school? Diluvial myths are ubiquitous throughout (pre)history. It's always the same premise and the Epic of Gilgamesh is not the origin. Educate yourself.
>https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/the-oxford-companion-to-world-mythology_david-a-leeming/565728/?mkwid=sIB9PtBiX%7cdc&pcrid=70112865792&pkw=&pmt=&plc=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI153m0YqC1gIVEAYqCh031QyoEAkYAiABEgJoufD_BwE#isbn=1603760350&idiq=5712892
$3.99
>>
People believe what they want to believe. If you cannot accept that,. you are literally autistic.
>>
>>19520707

That seems more like this, indeed, but shouldn't the way of the Bible be against it if it's older ?

>>19520708

I may be more educated than you think, I don't event think that the subject of Gilgamesh is told in High-School.
I'm talking about literary work, and in that matter, The Epic is certainly the oldest
>>
almost every religion and culture has a flood myth.

check out graham hancock
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.