[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spiders/symbolism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 19

File: Giant-house-spider-Tegena-014.jpg (349KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Giant-house-spider-Tegena-014.jpg
349KB, 2560x1536px
hey, /x/. long-time lurker, first time poster here

I've been seeing a lot of spiders around lately, more than usual. I saw one in my room yesterday, a tiny one descended from the ceiling and nearly landed on me at work a few days ago, and the same sort of thing happened to me in class today. when I got to my car to leave today, one made a web on my rearview mirror and was just chilling.

I don't feel threatened by them, as I've never really been afraid of spiders. I also don't really like to kill them since they eat bugs and are generally chill when you leave them alone.

I'm really just curious about what this means? is it just a coincidence? am I going crazy, or is this synchronicity?
>>
File: sunspider.jpg (66KB, 670x400px) Image search: [Google]
sunspider.jpg
66KB, 670x400px
Synchronicity, I have been seeing more spiders than usual also. I usually get them on a piece of paper and put them on a houseplant or outside. Do not know what it could mean though...
>>
>>19517731
>>19517691
CUTE :3
>>
>>19517691
spiders are evil. so are rats.

bad omen
>>
>>19517784
anything more specific than that?
>>
>>19517784
>spiders are evil
Says who?
>>
had vivid dreams about my ceiling full of spiders of various sizes, have spiders all over being innawoods. they symbolize creativity, get to work on it. good sign immo.
>>
>>19517788
>>19517791
venom is weaponized bile. rats brought the plague to europe.
>>
>>19517808
>weaponized bile
C'mon anon.
C'mon.
>>
>>19517808
I don't live near any poisonous species though, thankfully
>>
>>19517816
they digest their own bile and use it to hunt prey. spiders are masters of low cunning and should be squashed on sight.
they've even managed to convince humans that they're not too bad because at least they get rid of flies/cockroaches. make no mistake about it though, you're just a copy of a copy in their multiple eyes.
>>
>>19517808
actually wouldn't the fleas be evil? the poor rats were just carriers.
>>
>>19517857
>low cunning
>but you aren't even aware of the spider looking at you right now
Spooky.
But low cunning? I dunno, I can't weave like that.
>>
>>19517691
Spiders can weave and tell stories about things they shouldn't know.
>>
>>19517868
fleas are the disease. rats are the harbingers.
>>
File: owl_3.jpg (74KB, 486x680px) Image search: [Google]
owl_3.jpg
74KB, 486x680px
>>19517691
You shouldn't feel threatened by them. You probably have more in common with them than you think...
You should be afraid of pic related. These guys have some bad history with spiders.

http://www.goddess-athena.org/Encyclopedia/Athena/Arachne.htm
>>
>>19517879
This is true.
>>
The spider is a symbol of the demiurge
>>
File: black widow.jpg (38KB, 270x310px) Image search: [Google]
black widow.jpg
38KB, 270x310px
>>19517905
>>19517905
T H I S
H
I
S

The black widow even has a fucking SANDGLASS on its belly. We're in a time prison.
>>
>>19517691
I've seen them a lot recently. I've come to believe that they represent change. Evertime I'm going through a major transition in life, these guys seem to be all around me. They are some of the most adaptable species around and they themselves experience major changes throughout their lives.

>>19517731
You have mercy on them, but putting a house spider outside usually results in their demise. They're adaptable, but an extreme environmental change like that is no good for them.
>>
File: latrodectusmactans.jpg (33KB, 506x317px) Image search: [Google]
latrodectusmactans.jpg
33KB, 506x317px
>>19517927
In native american traditions motherspider weaved the night sky and teached men how to dream.
>>
>>19518086
>I've come to believe that they represent change. Evertime I'm going through a major transition in life, these guys seem to be all around me.
well that definitely makes sense. I've been trying to change my life for the better as of late (dare I say, sort myself out), and that has really helped me quite a bit
>>
>>19517691
If you want the truth look for the responses here that don't seem to fit with the others. There are multiple levels to this thread.
>>
File: spiderposting.jpg (76KB, 680x649px) Image search: [Google]
spiderposting.jpg
76KB, 680x649px
>>19518116
>>
>>19518108
I'm glad to hear :-) I'm not really one for folk lore and religious beliefs about symbolism. If you're open to it, you pick up on these things.
>>
>>19518116
this is truth

I've been predicting encounters with spiders lately.

I woke up at 2 or 3 am the other night and knew it was because of a spider, I went to the bathroom and I saw a fucking giant spider on my wall..

It's getting weird.
>>
>>19518086
I know putting them outside likely kills them that's why I usually put them on a house plant, leaving them to fate. If I knew where they came from I would put them back.
>>
Spiders seem like eldritch friendlies in dreaming, but I can't overcome my arachnophobia. I stopped dreaming of them when I managed to talk to a dream spider long enough to explain to it that spiders are a horrible symbol to me.
>>
OP here, jsut saw another one lol.
>>
>>19517691
You live in a world dominated by insects you stupid fucking nigger. It means shit.
>>
>>19518887
Lately the tiny nats have taken a liking to me. Desperatly finding a way to fly in my face. Annoying little fuckers
>>
>>19517808
>doesn't know what bile is

Full potatoe
>>
File: 1446427746547.gif (10KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
1446427746547.gif
10KB, 333x333px
Liking spiders is an Aryan trait

https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/3246048

>SPIDERS ARE MARTIAL INSECTS; FEAR OF THE MARTIAL IS DIRECTLY CORRELATED WITH RACIAL, AND SOCIOCULTURAL, DEGENERATION; MOST INDIVIDUALS NOW ARE RACIALLY SUBOPTIMAL, AND MOST CURRENT SOCIETIES ARE DEGENERATE, THUS, ARACHNOPHOBIA IS PREVALENT, AND WIDESPREAD.

>ARACHNOPHOBIA IS DIRECTLY CORRELATED WITH AVERSION TOWARD THE SWASTIKA.

>ANIMALS ARE CLOSER TO NATURE THAN HUMANS ARE, THEREFORE, THEY ARE MORE SPECIALIZED BEINGS, AND AS SUCH, THEIR NOBILITY MANIFESTS DIFFERENTLY THAN IN HUMANS, ACCORDING TO THEIR SPECIATION; SPIDERS ARE DEPURERS; THEY ELIMINATE PARASITIC INSECTS; SPIDERS ARE ONE OF THE NOBLE INSECT ORDERS.
>>
File: image.jpg (640KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
640KB, 1536x2048px
>>19517691

Actually as sinister as they look, spiders and dreams of spiders are regarded as a good omen.

Also since you're thinking about them more your reticular activating system is making you notice them.
>>
>>19518930
I don't really like or dislike them, I'm mostly ambivalent to their presence unless they're on me. I usually just leave them alone if they're in my house
>>
>>19518948
to clarify, I just feel like I'm noticing them a lot more than I normally do
>>
>>19517691

don't know but I found out recently spiders are the shit. I had a crevice spider on a window and left the thing alone. couple days later a yellow jacket gets into my apartment. I'm freaking trying to figure how to deal with this thing but shortly after it gets caught in that spiders web. So the spider goes into combat mode and triumphed.
>>
File: Spiderfrank.png (678KB, 1080x907px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderfrank.png
678KB, 1080x907px
>>19517691
>>19517731
This symbolizes that the weather is starting to cool outside so they start to seek shelter inside.
>>
>>19519131
umm it's hot as fuck in Cali and there's so many just chilling in my home
>>
>>19517691
>be crazy arachnophile
>have large house spiders around my house
>also eastern parsons spiders
>too many flies at work
>transport spiders to my workshop
>spiders decimate fly population
>fuckers get huge due to abundant food supply
>badass lil' niggas start killing wasps
>co-worker walks from office to shop to talk to me
>no flies
>only spiders now
>she hates spider
>spiders even repel the human hordes
>spiders are best animal
>>
File: nightmare fuel.jpg (119KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare fuel.jpg
119KB, 1024x681px
>>19517691
Do you happen to live in the UK, North Europe or the Pacific Northwest OP?

At the moment and for the next month or two over here it's Giant House Spider (Eratigena atrica) mating season meaning that the smaller males are far more active in looking for a mate than usual and therefore appear to be much more commonplace. You can normally tell the spider is male as they have much more pronounced pedipalps than the females.

Anyway these fuckers run as though they're immune to gravity on legs that are almost too spindly to carry them and if you're an arachnophobe like me, the stuff of nightmares. They can be aggressive and will bite if hassled but are otherwise pretty much harmless despite looking like Satan's most beloved of offspring.

Pic related is one shedding its skin- proper Giger inspo.
>>
www.youtube.com/watch?v=52W-ahfPjbg
>>
>>19519962
I live along the great lakes, actually.
>>
>>19520935
same here, seems to be in general more spiders past few years. I think we'll be getting black widows up here soon because climate is changing, and each year we're technically getting warmer up in these regions. There's some butterflies which have recently been spotted up here that shouldn't be this far north, not to mention those bigdaddy mosquito are up here now too.
>>
File: Mouse_spider.jpg (188KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Mouse_spider.jpg
188KB, 1600x1067px
>>19517691
>>19517784
I never thought of spiders as bad omens. Flies maybe, at times it almost seems I have a karmic response manifesting in # of flies to spiders in my apartment. Spiders eat the flies, and it, coincidentally or not, always seems when i'm spiritually on the up and up.

And those who let spiders outside, theres actually species of spiders which do better in the house, aka House Spiders. They don't have a painful bite, and really most spiders never'll bite ya. Anytime a chick complained of a spider bite, I've checked it, and NOT ONCE were there two marks side by side. All spider bites look like two dots, and I've literally never seen it on anyone.

And if you've ever seen jumping spider, you can just feel how intelligent they are. They're very curious. And they'll get used to you and won't be skittish around you after awhile.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERuJiSt8pF4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQmkn_NR4nk
>>
>>19517691
clean your room they huntin the insects feeding off your tendies crumbs problem solved
>>
File: 46c6e10.jpg (1MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
46c6e10.jpg
1MB, 1600x1600px
>>19517691
There must a good fishing for those spiders. They likely told all their friends that your place is the bees knees.
>>
>>19522913
are you literally that weird guy who has like 6 tarantulas as pets
>>
>>19517691
>I've been seeing a lot of spiders around lately, more than usual.
That's because it's summertime you faggot.

Fucking hell /x/. I'm not sure how much more of this retarded board I can take.
>>
>>19523318
/x/ is only as retarded as the posters. OP doesn't understand, but take heed of this. Learn to discern between posts of value and nonsense and /x/ becomes a far more interesting place.
>>19518116
>>
File: ThePyramid.jpg (260KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ThePyramid.jpg
260KB, 1200x1200px
>>19517691

Spiders weave Webs. Webs are commonly connections between different things.

[Archives: http://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.x/subject/Knowledge%20Bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/%21%219O2tecpDHQ6/]

Different species of Spider exist that hunt differently.
>>
>>19523339
/x/ without discernment is nothing. There will always be those unwilling to practice it.
>>
Spiders are bros, they feast on pests weave bitchin' webs that are amazing to look at and to top it off are cute as a button. I go out of my way to save spiders. Hell, I'll play around once in a while if I see one from the corner of my eye slinking by thinking it's gone unnoticed, make a startling motion toward it's direction to see it kick up and haul ass leaving me cracking up.

I understand if you have something against arachnids.
However spiders or really any insect aside blood suckers and flies hardly deserve the hate and smear.
>>
File: maman02.jpg (364KB, 1613x1097px) Image search: [Google]
maman02.jpg
364KB, 1613x1097px
This is the mother spider, a sculpture created by Louise Bourgeois

The Spider is an ode to my mother. She was my best friend. Like a spider, my mother was a weaver. My family was in the business of tapestry restoration, and my mother was in charge of the workshop. Like spiders, my mother was very clever. Spiders are friendly presences that eat mosquitoes. We know that mosquitoes spread diseases and are therefore unwanted. So, spiders are helpful and protective, just like my mother. -Bourgeois
>>
File: Salticidae_-_Icius_hamatus.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Salticidae_-_Icius_hamatus.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
>>19523458
If spiders can teach us to weave, they can teach us to discern regardless of context.
>>
File: 1503127358756.gif (895KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1503127358756.gif
895KB, 500x450px
It's coming up to autumn and the temperature change drives spiders inside. This happens every fucking year. Stupid dumbfucks.
>>
>>19523501
This, never hurt spider bros, rather make resolve with their forces to defeat the true enemy of your home: roaches and house centipedes.
>>
>>19525873
Spiders didn't teach us to weave.
>>
>>19527265
Did you ever try asking?
>>
>>19523501
>>19527246
t. spiders
>>
>>19527201
Lol. Pretty much
>>
>>19517691
>I don't feel threatened by them, as I've never really been afraid of spiders.

then it's a good thing.
spiders catch shit in the palaces of kings

any king you can think of cleans those fuckers out

but you are too poor and/or lazy/nofucksgiven etc to allow them to control lesser vermin

welcome to royalty
bring skills
>>
I believe spiders are miniature aliens that came from the planet Arachnius and got here from a space ship.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.