[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can life ultimately be figured out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1503903761239.jpg (243KB, 494x612px) Image search: [Google]
1503903761239.jpg
243KB, 494x612px
Can life ultimately be figured out?
>>
The more you know, the less you know.
U' know?
>>
>>19516181
It has been. Billions spent to figure it out. Brave poets found the way of it after years of searching and striving. Many oak bars and brass taps were used. Tears were shed. Blood spilt. The meaning of life is:

"Eat, drink and be merry! Yarrrr!"
>>
File: KUSH.png (151KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
KUSH.png
151KB, 236x236px
>>19516201
>"Eat, drink and be merry! Yarrrr!"
FKEK
YA!
>>
>>19516201
The words of a fool
>>
Why tho?
Mark my words
It Will be anticlimatic.
>>
We put ourselves in these mortal coils because we were bored with having it all figured out.
>>
A great scientist once said (I can't remember who desu, lel)... "The moment someone figures out the exact meaning of the Universe everything will instantly disappear."
>>
>>19516323
I think bored is the wrong term but sure, maybe.
>>
>>19516201
Holy shit, what a massive faggot.
>>
>>19516358
Why you looking for a date? I'm not interested, nothing wrong with you being that way but I know a couple of twinks you might like.

>>19516225
Pot meet kettle, kettle meet pot.
>>
File: Smith.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Smith.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>>19516181
>>
>>19516181
of course it can.
you are part of an equation, which is not that difficult to solve out. you may call the result "god" but that would be idiotic.
look around. you are living in an universe of fractals. and wow, just look around you. you are part of a fractal, too.
Numbers, that's what (((we))) are.
stop thinking as a "human", that is what they started teaching you in kindergarten.
the ones who introduced you to the "human" world were also brainwashed. and this goes on and on for ages. shit me not ayy lmaos might actually have made homo abilis for scientific purposes, and this does not imply anal probes are a fact.
just realise that humankind on its entireness is a eyeblink in the history of the universe.
life is purpolessness if this is the answer you need.
it's all about numbers and numbers and numbers and numbers.
also, numbers do not exist. trippy, isn't it?
last: listen to esbjorn svensson trio - leukocyte

god bless
>>
>>19516201
This anon is actually right though.

We've all been brainwashed to fill in the absence of positive experiences with "achievements" (and 9 times out of 10 they're bullshit achievements anyway)

and what really makes the brainwashing so effective is that there are so very few things in this life that are actually good experiences so the moment you even try to see past your achievement based view of "happiness" you start to realize there is a complete void there and without even realizing you turn back and cling to your achievement based views.

This is why most people never figure out what life is really about. It's not about "doing something" and then just sitting on your ass and feeling good that you "did something that one time, remember? Yeah it made my whole life worth it...."

What living life is really about is supposed to be a constant stream of experiences. This life is a dud, but perhaps in the next one you'll all understand.
>>
>>19518640
>so very few things in this life that are actually good experiences
Now hol' on one second, I personally am a loser but my average experience is positive. I'm not one of those achievement-people you talked about, I'm seriously under-achieving, but I like a placid life with a modest pace of novel experiences, and I have sometimes done boneheaded things because I wanted to experience them. Even those are positive on average. Maybe you ought to refigger your life and see if maybe you're doin' something wrong makes it seem bleaker than it needs to be.
>>
>>19518698
>Even those are positive on average
You think they're positive because you got a memory out of it. That's an achievement based mentality.

What I mean when I say "achievement based" is that your pleasure comes primarily through memories rather than through your physical senses.
A truly meaningful life doesn't come from just accomplishing something "meaningful" one day and then watching TV for the rest of it. A truly meaningful life would be like a constant climax, or like being 9yrs old experiencing everything anew, but without the wonder ever fading.

Of course you'll dismiss the idea because it's a concept that doesn't fit into human life, and most people can't fathom any other mode of existence even when they consider things like alien life or other universes their dreams are usually still completely grounded in Earthly things. But there is so much more. In fact I would even venture to say that the majority of life is not even life as we know it in any way, and are more akin to pure experiences without thought
The odds are overwhelming that most life will be neutral (e.g. not too good but not too bad either). Human life just happens to be one of those.
>>
>>19516181
i think so, but not in a way that can be verbalized. "enacted" or "embodied" is more like it
>>
>>19518776
You're more of a loser than I am. Memories are how we learn. That's not an achievement-based mentality, ya nut.
>A truly meaningful life
would not be a fucking tasp. You're pathetic, and you've already explained why nothing I say will ever change your mind. You a dense motherfucker.
>>
>>19518790
A textbook human response to the unknown
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.