[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychic powers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

File: dhjfjgsf.jpg (28KB, 650x434px) Image search: [Google]
dhjfjgsf.jpg
28KB, 650x434px
Do psychic powers exist? If so, how can one acquire them (or do you have to be born with these powers)?
>>
>>19516022
Define "Psychic Powers".

Pic related is Telekinesis. Physics proved that's possible 100 years ago, albeit at a Quantum scale.
>>
>Do psychic powers exist?
Yes.
>If so, how can one acquire them (or do you have to be born with these powers)?
Psychic ability is like a muscle. You need to exercise and develop it in order to use it.
>>
>>19516032

>>Physics proved that's possible 100 years ago, albeit at a Quantum scale.
>>100 years ago
>>Quantum scale

Man, I don't think we could measure the quantum a hundred years ago.
>>
>>19516032
Sorry, not interested in quantum scale - I mean spoon bending and lifting objects
>>
>>19516032

Sorry, not interested in quantum scale - we're talking spoon bending and lifting visible objects
>>
>>19516034
this

They're not as impressive as fiction might lead you to believe but within the realm of reality they are, very much so. And everyone can develop any of them. Some have a strong affinity to something specific, but that doesn't mean if you don't have an affinity for something that it's impossible for you. Extremely hard yes, and they all pretty much are, but not impossible.
>>
>>19516038
Double Slit experiment and Maxwell's equations. You're right, we couldn't measure 'particles', but the experiments showed we could alter the results through non-interactive observation.
>>
>>19516082

Those have nothing to do with "Psychics". Anybody could change the propagation by focusing on a result in their mind.
>>
>>19516093
The common folk would call both paranormal my good sir.
>>
>>19516093
>Those have nothing to do with "Psychics". Anybody could change the propagation by focusing on a result in their mind.

Read what you wrote.
>change the propagation
>by focusing on a result in their mind.
What does that sound like to you?
>>
>>19516124

Yes, but ANYBODY could do it. It wasn't super psychic powers. We all generate brain waves. I believe Beta waves are generated when we focus. Since everything is vibrations, our brain waves affect everything on some level.
>>
>>19516140
>It wasn't super psychic powers
Literally no difference. Some people are just better trained at influencing reality.
>>
>>19516140
I would appreciate it if we could keep our discussion out of the quantum level - it's not what is meant in the original thread message, and most people here right now are speculating about an advanced domain of physics which they probably only know from introductions (instead of actual having studied mathematical physics at university)

(if there are people here that have studied real, mathematical, quantum phyiscs - my apologies for not acknowledging you - feel free to speak up)
>>
>>19516185
Quantum chemistry but you're forgiven, I've forgotten most of it by now anyway.
>>
>>19516022
>Do psychic powers exist? If so, how can one acquire them
yes.

and you already posses these powers. you just don't know how to use them for anything but arbitrary tasks. moving you body is telekinesis, just for some reason people seem to ignore that. you are literally harnessing electrical potential produced by your metabolism to to stimulate muscles and move, with noting but your will.
>>
>>19516034
>You need to exercise and develop it in order to use it.

So how do I exactly go about it?
>>
>>19516229
put bags of heavy sand in your hat and do sit ups
>>
>>19516227
Now the question seems concerning the existence of a free will. Some would say the question concerning free will is not a scientific but a philosophical question, a metaphysical one, and that it wil finally be decided through a subjective belief in it or not.
>>
>>19516241
but we're concerned with physical effects that can be demonstrated, so this is perhaps irrelevant - sorry
>>
>>19516022
>65.6 Questioner: Would the coming changes as we progress into fourth density— I’m speaking of changes not only in the physical third-density planet due to the heating effect but also the changes that are heralding fourth-density vibrations such as the ability of people to perform what we term paranormal activities— I’m assuming that both of these are also and will act as catalyst to create a greater seeking. Is this correct?
>Ra: I am Ra. This is partially correct. The paranormal events occurring are not designed to increase seeking but are manifestations of those whose vibratory configuration enables these entities to contact the gateway to intelligent infinity. These entities capable of paranormal service may determine to be of such service on a conscious level. This, however, is a function of the entity and its free will and not the paranormal ability.
http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=65#6
>63.19 Questioner: It would seem to me that some of the harvestable third-density entities are, however, relatively old since I know of some individuals who can bend metal who are over 50 years old and some over 30. Would there be other entities who can bend metal for other reasons than having dual activated bodies?
>Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. Any entity who, by accident or by careful design, penetrates intelligent energy’s gateway may use the shaping powers of this energy.
http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=63#19
All is one!
>>
>>19516140
>Yes, but ANYBODY could do it.
exactly
>>
>>19516264
The main message is we are all individualized portions of i city experiencing itself, through our free will and the illusion of separation, seeking to return to the creator and oneness. The cosmology is pretty amazing too (densities matching the chakras macrocosmically etc.. Ra is supposedly of sixth, of fusion, where bodies are of light).
>>
>>19516022
>Do psychic powers exist
lolno

>If so, how can one acquire them

Gey seks gibs suparpowerz
>>
>>19516251
The question is what a 'will' is here, because this factor seems to bring in the psychic part, while the rest is physical.
So psychic power exist because there is interaction possible between psychic and physical - but now there's a philosophy of psychology problem - what is interacting with the physical word - the psyche (which is more problematic than) the brain. We perhaps come back to the brain if we can't defend the psyche alternative, and we also come back to these brain wave powers that our quantum-mechanics were telling us about. Still the question remains whether these brain powers can become stronger and rise above quantum levels
>>
File: 1498857664980.jpg (25KB, 307x352px) Image search: [Google]
1498857664980.jpg
25KB, 307x352px
realistically no. you cant do it. these people saying "oh yea bro, just train it like a muscle" shouldnt get his hopes up like that. its not something we're capable of doing. once you reach around 25 years old reality should really set in and you'll realize super powers are just in television
>>
>>19516402
and esoteric symbolism and practices done by world elites are perfectly normal too goy, why are you even on /x/?
>>
>>19516453
i come to this shithole once in a while. larpers and little kids ruined it along time ago.

im just one of the few people here who is in tune with reality. (a grown up)
>>
>>19516468
does it help you feel better about yourself?
>>
>>19516471
telling kids that super powers arent real? if anything just trying to help, they'd learn anyway why not just tell em. if you're so devastated about it then yikes, lifes gonna be tough for you
>>
>>19516047
yea...why start driving a car...you instantly upgrade to flying mars rovers...kek
>>
>>19516497
devastated? i was just wondering why you'd bother coming back at all. assuming a petty and selfish reason is only natural around here.
>>
>>19516468
You see I am a grown up too, these people (most commonly known) I've mentioned don't pursue these things because they have 4th grader syndrome, and while I agree that it might not be posible to mold fireballs from thin air, it doesn't mean that ''super powers are just in television''.
>>
>>19516562
by not real i mean, (telekinesis for example) you couldnt move a grain of sand, or anything else for that matter.
whats the point
>>
>>19516468
You're completely wrong though because I'm typing this message with my mind while my hands are doing battle with a demon that I summoned.
>>
>>19516578
body has limits, that is one of them. you could practice for 30 years and still wouldn't be able to do it. its just not thing man
>>
You may not recognize it yet but it seems that you have taken a step towards forces and worlds beyond your current comprehension. There are people on /x/ who will out of good of good will and ignorance guide you to your doom. Also there are no real guarantees that i'm not one of them so what you should do is gtfo of here and seek for some proper fraternity which aims for ascension. Pass everyone who will say they teach you how to gain powers and control reality or something like that. Love is the most important key. Below it as equals are Understanding what is good and Will to do what is right.
And as for your question: psychic powers do exist but its dangerous to unlock them and you shouldn't try to do so.
When you make serious spiritual progress, all sorts of abilities are acquired.
The catch is that you cannot use them in any way for your own advantage, or you'll fall. And you don't want to fall. I have fallen and it was not nice, cost me literary all my earthly possessions, friends and family, mental and physical health and nearly got me murdered and i'm not sure what I will face when I die. It has nothing to do with any sort of "rules" or what is "right" or "wrong", its just the mechanics of how this stuff works.
But, beside the preaching, there are one technique I can teach you tho, its not easy to do and the psychic part of it can be attained also without any sort of magic with muss less effort but its not only safe and actually useful, in a way that you can really benefit from it and not just make the lower parts of your self happy and eventually your life miserable, but its also crucial if you decide to take this path and if you don't want to do it then you should forget psychic abilities and just fucking get a job and try to live like a normal person not bending spoons. There's nothing wrong with that either you know. Occult WILL NOT make your life easier, but quite the opposite, otherwise everybody would be doing it.
>>
And the technique:
C o m p l e t e l y stop lying and you'll be able to detect when another person is lying, no matter how skilled liars they are. Speak nothing but the truth or stfu. Also this makes you more keen to hearing what your heart is trying to tell you and I cannot emphasize enough how important is that. When you are thinking of psychic powers and magic and stuff like that you are drawing them to be part your life, this you already have started (but you can still end it if you want to live a normal happy life instead), proceeding as adviced starts a transformation in your self that should make you better adjusted to these changes and set a healthy foundation for your progress.
And the most important, whatever you do always do it for and with love. Not love under will but the other way around. Wherever Crowley dwells right now, chances are you don't want to follow him there.
It is in a real of possibilities that i'm overreacting to OP's post but however, I had this urge to write this right now and here. It might be for someone else, the fuck should I know.
>>
>>19516022
Hasn't been done for anyone, successfully. Not publicly. Which does make it seem unlikely. Mind control, influence? 100% true.
>>
>>19516582
You make the psychological model look even stupider than it is when you make comments like that.
>>
>>19516942
unless you count the limited success of remote viewing experiments.
>>
>>19516402
>>19516468
>once you reach around 25 years old
>(a grown up)
Not that I'm much older but you sound like those kids that think they're "old enough" when they hit puberty.
>>
>>19516770
>love is the key
>promises supernatural powers
>you can't profit from it
This is psychological abuse, you freak. It would be psychological abuse if it were real, and it's worse because it's a lie. You're trying to sell souls on something that they cannot profit from, turning them away from the greater harmony available to those who seek to profit themselves while profiting others.
>>
>>19516942
It seems like anyone who claims to do it, is either fame obsessed, or in it for money. And I'm a believer. Just never found verifiable cases. Stories, even films. Just no spontaneous ability. KGB claimed to have a few. After the Onion fell(into the shadows), they couldn't be verified when vetted.
>>
You guys couldn't believe what can be done with mind, and for that reason there isn't much point to convince you either. Those who understand how the cosmos is structured within our mind and vice versa will know without saying that these boundaries which most of the people believe in and are limited to are not even real and those who don't simply cannot get a grip of that idea or the possibilities that comes with it.
This I tell you; a LOT can be done without any demonic aid and all kinds of superpowers are very real but they tend to get with such high wisdom that is the very reason you don't usually hear about people wielding those powers.
Of course there are exceptions, as Crowley was know to be "a bit" of a show off and allegedly telekinetically knocked over some random fellow walking before him by dropping on hes own knees. Cant remember who that was who with him witnessing and telling about this but i'm sure google can help with this. Actual proofs there are none but myself I am more drawn to believe this, based on the life I have had.
Another point, if you ever saw real magic in front your eyes, how would you tell it different from show magic? How much easier it would be to tell yourself that "its a trick" rather than accepting that your whole idea the reality was wrong? You are not your rational mind, your rational mind is part of you and in cases like that it will defend itself if its not trained for handling such situations.
For example, if Jesus was incarnated within us now, apart from necromancy he would have a very hard time to convince people that he is the real deal when it comes to miracles.
"Oh, so you turned water to wine eh? Had a little walk on water? Sorry to tell you this bro but its already nearly 40 years since David Copperfield vanished the fucking statue of liberty so..."
>>
>>19516960

Wisdom is the goal, not powers.
>>
>>19516960

Powers comes with it and are really more of a burden.
>>
>>19516960

If you feel unpleasant realities "abuse" you are such a fucking child
>>
>>19517048
Lol, no they're not.
>>
>>19516235
I usually hate shitposting but this is funny as shit. I have an injured back from an accident and I think I ruptured it. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>19516960

I'm not trying to sell shit, in fact the opposite, all i'm trying to do is to give a fair warning for those who will decide to take the occult path. Sure for you suburban american everything should be sugared and wrapped in bright colors and fun fun fun, peace and joy all the way and FREEEDUM and all that shit which for the kids, or otherwise its "abusive" but the left hand path, aka magic aka occult aka the path of the pillar of severity is just as it sounds, its dark, cold, lonely, harsh and fucking not for everyone. Otherwise we all would wizards.
>>
>>19517020
I like you, anon. A straight shooter. I believe you, too. I'm going to start doing what you've advised. I've practiced magic most my life, attended Gnostic Masses, practiced chaos magick in every way I could think of until I, too, lost literally everything I owned and worked for. A successful business, my condo, I had to sell all my furniture and possessions to get by. I lost my car, and most devastating of all, I lost my mother to a wrongly diagnosed lung disease. All of which happened consecutively, and some other things that are too long to go into were happening concurrently, in the course of a year and a half.
I once reveled in things that were Dark. First, as a thing of teen rebellion, then as a serious practitioner constantly pushing my boundaries. I see now (of course) that every warning was 100% correct. I've changed, some ways good and some ways not so much, but I want to be better. I'll try this and if it is as successful as you say and I expect it will be, I'll come back in a month and make a thread about it. (Assuming we're all not blown up somehow.)
>>
>>19517083

Well carry on then and and have it your way. Remember those words 7 years from now.
>>
>>19517204
Fuck it, a year will probably do.

Now, good lads, I must sleep. Its 3am here
>>
why they are real: I could say a hundred times over It's all in your mind. But this Is a lot trickier than It sounds. How can It all be in your mind, who am to disregard your individual experience, and who are you to disregard mine? An asshole that's who. So the question is whose mind? Well to put it simply the All's mind. Who is the All? Well it's all of us.

Think of the All like a very imaginative human. When you imagine a situation with more than one person, none of them yourself. You build It inside your head but there are different people in this situation, not you. But they are all inside your head, infact they are you. If you are a very imaginative person, like mister All for example these people start to take on a life of their own. Their own interest, their own taste, their own appearence AND their own will.

These hypothetical characters all in your mind have a sort of will. You might as well call it a sort of freewill to effect the other characters in your developed situation. These characters eventually learn to manipulate this mind through their own will, their own path. They direct this will and even if its in the form of thought, this thought is in the mind of you so It directs your situations story.

Now you might say, this is the unconcious directing them. Now think of the nature of the unconscious, a google search tells us "the part of the mind that is inaccessible to the conscious mind but that affects behavior and emotions" . Your mind isnt even the one accessing this "mana", rather it is the mind of these characters each accessing it to direct their will and thoughts. Their will and their conscious thoughts developing completely with out the conscious direction of your mind. They are you, and you are them to sum it up simply.

This is how the mind of the All works. So it is all in the All's mind, but this minds It is also all in your mind. You are a part of the All and the All is a part of you. You are the All and the All is you.
>>
>>19517199

Yeah, one seriously matures when shit hits the fan.
I'm very grateful for everything that i'v experienced but would want go that route again.
>>
>>19517199

Oh, and do yourself a solid and learn Tarot if you have not done it so far. Not for divination but as tool for understanding Qabalah. The better you understand the tree of life the better you understand yourself and cosmos which are initially the same thing. Perhaps it was you who I was here for tonight. But now I really must sleep.
>>
>>19517204
I've been having prophetic dreams since I was 12, random premonitions kicked in not too long after. At this point I know no different. Rest assured I'm not talking out of my ass.
>>
>>19516022
No. There is only science. There is no supernatural, so stop larping, retards. Read dickens or Hitchens.
>>
Yes they do, women have them. It is very special, it is most commonly refered to as,

BITCHING

Through this bitching they attempt to implant ideas into your mind and to control you.

Beware the bitching!
>>
>>19517356

Oh, that actually makes a difference, I was talking about self developed abilities.

>>19517412

Indeed sir! "Our method is science, our aim is religion."
>>
File: milklover.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
milklover.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
I just want to be like Mob. Is that asking too much?
>>
>>19516280
>rise above quantum levels
quantum cover both micro and macro. it's just though impossible to influence large scale quantum reactions.
>>
no, it dont
>>
Welcome to /x/! Here you'll see a common thread with common discussion. Let's begin!

>>19516022
OP lays the bait with an innocent enough question that belongs on the paranormal board.

>>19516032
Anon makes his half-assed attempt to debunk the OP. Note the lack of credible sources, as this likely lead to his ban from /sci/.

>>19516034
Next we have a proponent of the OP. We're seeing discussion, but once again there's a lack of source material to back any claims. Remember this, as we're going to see it repeatedly throughout the tour.

>>19516082
Behold, the name-dropping anon. He routinely posts in threads, hinting at studies and experiments to point curious lurkers in *a* direction. His post isn't tied to the central discussion, because he's not here to discuss the paranormal.

>>19516140
We have some embers of discussion burning. Anon makes statements to support an idea, but without evidence.

>>19516185
Here, the OP is trying to keep the thread from derailing. He makes an effort to remind the posters that this isn't /sci/, ironically forgetting that the inherent nature of paranormal activity is phenomenon that has yet to be correctly explained.

>>19516207
The /sci/ dropout returns, to tell other posters his opinions belong in the trash.

>>19516229
Anon asks an open ended question...

>>19516235
...and another poster cracks jokes, bringing a moment of joy into what will likely become another shill thread.

>>19516241
Another poster is actively trying to derail the conversation! Can the OP stop it?

>>19516251
Maybe he can, but will it stick?

>>19516264
The crackpot mystic is here. This could go really well, or down shit creek. His sources are present, but utterly speculative and biased.

>>19516402
The skeptic is also here. He is an important piece of discussion, as his approach will encourage proponents of the discussion to BACK THEIR CLAIMS WITH SOURCES AND EVIDENCE.

>>19516468
But he's also kind of a dick.

What will happen next?
>>
>>19516022
It's just a level of attunement you can attain through spiritual practices based on love and the drive to understand the human form and All That Is. You will unlock these energies in you if you show purity in your mind and heart.
Seeing as you show the readiness to unblock these energies with in you and carry attunement with your light, you are well on the way but do look out for other desires besides the drive to unlock psychic abilities to appear because we are not linear and the heart has more than one function and much deeper drives than the ones you are only now just allowing yourself to fantasize about.

I wish you luck.

I understand that this was wordy but be prepared for some serious levels of spiritual wisdom that transcends text and language.
>>
>>19520171
>>19516468
Do you two want to talk? We could start our own thing.
[email protected]
>>
File: mob.gif (501KB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
mob.gif
501KB, 498x278px
>>19519373
Same ;_; pls help
>>
They do exist. The CIA was convinced after tests performed on Uri Geller. You can easily look up their declassified documents.
Is it something you can develop through training? Hell if I know.
Though I'm sure that even if you can train it, your ceiling is still determined by genetics.
>>
>>19519358
>I was talking about self developed abilities.
I can't imagine it would actually make a difference in my life, but I guess I'm too used to this to have an unbiased opinion.
>>
>>19520171
How does it feel being that one awkward kid in school that never talks with anyone, but knows everyone's moms' birthplace and occupation?
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.