[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
22KB, 300x300px
All that you touch
And all that you see
All that you taste
All you feel

And all that you love
And all that you hate
All you distrust
All you save

And all that you give
And all that you deal
And all that you buy,
Beg, borrow or steal

And all you create
And all you destroy
And all that you do
And all that you say

And all that you eat
And everyone you meet
And all that you slight
And everyone you fight

And all that is now
And all that is gone
And all that's to come
And everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

These are not just words.
Songs have meaning.
Some more than others.
>>
Well then post your interpretation
>>
Ooh eeh ooh ah ah ting tang wolla wolla bing bang
>>
>>19515853
The moon only reflects light. It doesn't produce it. The moon distorts harmony created by the sun. It's metaphor.

Alan Parsons produced Dark Side of the Moon. He makes the same references to the moon and the light in his own songs. What is the Eye in the Sky? What did he know?

https://youtu.be/76n_uE_W31A
>>
File: Which Dr..png (379KB, 559x591px) Image search: [Google]
Which Dr..png
379KB, 559x591px
>>19515854
I asked the witch doctor he told me what to do he said...
>>
>>19516732
STOP FAPPING.
>>
Okay, but the problem with this is, if everything is meaningless doesn't that instantly lead back to "so act like things are meaningful, because that's the only way it's any fun"? You can see this scraping for meaning in the way nihilists desperately treat after scraps of meaning in music and literature.
Isn't it time you just acknowledged that your philosophy dies of logical paradox?
>>
File: IMG_0098.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0098.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>19516732
...Girl, don't you worry about a thing
>>
>>19516902
Everything isn't meaningless. Some songs are just poetic expression while others have a deeper message. This song is saying that the world and life isn't what it seems. Not all musicians spread these messages. Those that do can be identified through the themes and symbols in their lyrics. This isn't scraping for meaning. Like ancient texts the parables in song hide their meanings with a veil.
>>
File: Bob.png (543KB, 598x758px) Image search: [Google]
Bob.png
543KB, 598x758px
>>19516916
Cause every little thing is gonna be alright.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.