[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal Disc from nowhere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1502908257480.jpg (50KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1502908257480.jpg
50KB, 720x544px
So I got a copy of an album my grandfather and I loved to listen to. Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs.

It arrived, I bought a turntable, and they're both on my shelf. I've listened to it, but when I picked up the sleeve to put the record back in this morning, there was hella more weight to it.

I found a tan sleeve inside with a metal record disc. It's just party noises and the tan sleeve just says "a sound investment"

I'll be recording it so people can listen to it because I don't know where this came from or what it is.

Will also upload pictures soon.
>>
Then do it
>>
And what about the noise can u record that on YouTube
>>
Gotta Wait for my girlfriend's dad to go. He seems to think it has something to do with his family, but doesn't recognize it at all. Doesn't want me playing it while he's here.
>>
>>19512341
I'll be making a video with the audio in it. I'll link it here when that's done.
>>
>>19512356
OP is not a fagget and will surely deliver any moment now.
>>
>>19512760
It is currently 5:42 pm. I will post pictures by 8:30 PM. Video will be posted Thursday when I can actually get to the library where I can post said video and saved audio from a computer as opposed to my shitty phone. Can't record the audio clearly on it. Thanks for the patience.
>>
Having worked with vinyl disks it sounds a lot like you've got a 'master' disk that's used to press the vinyl disks, you need 2 (one for each side) to complete a disk pressing but they're often sold off individually to collectors, rather than keeping them together. Still very unusual that there's no clearly audible music on it
>>
File: IMG_20170829_191115.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170829_191115.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Hey. Found the record sleeve. It's from Transco. Metal record disc is still inside but it's a little weathered now. Sound is still clean, though. Don't know how it got like this, but suspect girlfriend's dad.
>>
File: IMG_20170829_191043.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170829_191043.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>19513196
It's bizarre because It wasn't in there before, I found it there this morning because the whole thing seemed heavier.

And it's even weirder that it's just party noises. Like, going to a charity event in a big city, but no music. Just people talking and having a good time. I'll be listening to it soon to upload. It does seem to be a Master copy but for what and how did it magically appear in the album case for my copy of GBaTS WHILE I was listening to the record without me knowing?
>>
>>19513273
party noises remind me of dean blunts collab with james ferraro, watch the throne, where both of them play piano to a crowd they've instructed to talk over the music like they'd do to a shitty cover band.
>>
UPDATE.

Okay, OP here. Playing it again and recording and now there's a piano line when there wasn't before.

What the fuck is this.
>>
>>19514093
c'mon, op
>>
Got a good recording of the record. Uploading to YouTube right now. Will link this thread in the description.
>>
>>19514281
Did you remove the video or something because it's not working
>>
>>19514262
never link to the board link to the 4plebs archive
>>
bumping in hopes that OP will return
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ymVbayWVGMw

This it?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.