[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions that need answers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: nothing at all.jpg (32KB, 600x435px) Image search: [Google]
nothing at all.jpg
32KB, 600x435px
If the Earth is moving so quickly, why don't we feel that force?

If gravity makes smaller objects attracted to larger ones, why don't tiny objects like dust or grains of sand come to me or orbit around me?

Why does gravity cause me to be stuck to the surface of the earth, but in space it creates orbits around objects? Why doesn't the Earth just get sucked right into the sun?

What is the end goal of filling white nations with subhumans?
>>
File: 1493074098760.jpg (3MB, 4560x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1493074098760.jpg
3MB, 4560x2000px
>>
>Why does gravity cause me to be stuck to the surface of the earth, but in space it creates orbits around objects?
Their orbit is basically their original vector before entering the gravitational field + whatever direction the gravitational force is moving them in. There isn't any air resistance in space so orbiting objects don't decelerate enough to lose their original speed and direction and head straight into the larger object, but they're also not fast enough to leave the gravitational field, so they end up orbiting because as they orbit the gravitational pull is usually perpendicular to the direction that they're traveling in. Like, if you were an orbiting object, it would be like trying to go straight but there's always something pulling you to the left (or right), so you end up going in a big circle because this pull doesn't slow you down (no friction), it just constantly alters your course. I mean, at least that's how I understand it. Probably not a great explanation because I really can only conceive of it visually.
>>
>>19511624
So there's a few different ways to think about it. One common way is that we are all part of the Earth and as such are moving just as fast so don't notice it. Another is the idea that gravity warps space: we're moving in a straight line, not accelerating, amd gravity cause that line to curve on itself and appear elliptical.

We can see the effect of the Earth moving through space though in tides. High tide is where water falls slightly faster or slower than the rest of the Earth.
>>
You're the subhuman, anon. Wasting your life here, living on your dad's money, not contributing to society in any way. In a fascist society, your laziness would get you in trouble.
>>
Imagine we're travelling in a car. You really only feel the movement of a car when it's accelerating/decelerating. Once your body and the car are moving at the same speed you don't really feel it.

Now imagine if Earth suddenly stopped spinning. Not only would you feel it, but overall the effects would be absolutely devestating.
>>
>>19511564

>If gravity makes smaller objects attracted to larger ones, why don't tiny objects like dust or grains of sand come to me or orbit around me?

Do you really want to seem like a retarded version of Pigpen witch a cloud of dust follow you around wherever you go?
>>
>>19511564
>What is the end goal of filling white nations with subhumans?
So that people are down for a Holy War again
>>
>>19511564
>If the Earth is moving so quickly, why don't we feel that force?
We do, but we're used to it. The centripetal force the spin conveys makes the force of gravity just a little bit less than if the Earth weren't spinning.
>If gravity makes smaller objects attracted to larger ones, why don't tiny objects like dust or grains of sand come to me or orbit around me?
The Earth pulls them away from you.
>Why does gravity cause me to be stuck to the surface of the earth, but in space it creates orbits around objects?
It depends on the energy of the object. Enough velocity in the right direction and an objects enters orbit. You don't have enough velocity in the right direction. You need literally a rocket ship's worth of energy.
>Why doesn't the Earth just get sucked right into the sun?
It has a lot of velocity, like a biker doing loops in a spherical cage.
>>
>>19511564
Grains of sand ARE attracted to you, all matter is attracted to other matter; they don't come to you because your gravitational pull is minuscule. Gravity has an infinite range but is insanely weak. You can actually calculate the force of the gravitational pull of your body, things can orbit it, but that force is so tiny and the orbital speed would be so slow that anything else at all (including light, cosmic rays, the gravitational pull of the farthest star in the universe) would have a force strong enough to send it out of orbit. You wouldn't even notice the things orbiting you moving at all.
>>
>>19511564
>need
If it can be answered in a gradeschool, it doesn't "need" and answer.
>>
>>19511564
>If the Earth is moving so quickly, why don't we feel that force?
What is a reference frame for $600
Earth is bigger than you and you don't exist in a vacuum next to a grain of sand, retard
>Why does gravity cause me to be stuck to the surface of the earth, but in space it creates orbits around objects? Why doesn't the Earth just get sucked right into the sun?
Objects in orbit are moving somewhat parellel to the surface of the Earth. A satellite that becomes stationary would plummet, which is why they are launched into very specific trajectories rather than just straight up. Earth orbits the sun because it is not moving perpendicular to the sun but around it.
>>
>>19514162
Nice job anon
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.