[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Immortality.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: City train.gif (292KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
City train.gif
292KB, 540x810px
How does a person get immortality?
>>
You already are
You have to r e m e m b e r
You can also
>make a long-lived tulpa and transfer consciousness to it by rejecting the world and not identifying with it
Or
>brainhack yourself with intense meditation into the nature of subjective time perception into perceiving time logarithmically, focusing on smaller and smaller details of details as the focus of your attention until eventually you forget who you are, and snap out of it some subjective-eons later only to find that a few minutes have passed irl
>>
>>19511322
αθάνατοι εστέ already
>>
>>19511322
don't get too attached to a physical form
>>
Internal alchemy can supposedly make you live forever but your not invincible you can still die from unnatural causes.
>>
>>19511403
Yeah, but have you got anything a little more... Permanent?

>>19511408
I literally AM a physical form. How can I not be attached?

>>19511414
What is an 'unnatural' cause? And what is internal alchemy?
>>
We're all immortal in a sense. I mean, when our bodies die "we" go into another body of sorts.

As for this form, one can only slow down cellular death by possibly as much as 20% from good eating habits, but your cell wills still degrade of course leading to problems; etc.

I asked God for extra time and He has certainly granted my prayer. Maybe try asking Him for more time.
>>
File: 20170421_115453.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170421_115453.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
Believe in the lord. Ask for forgiveness. Forgive. Die. I have brain cancer and a tumor in my right frontal lobe and an IQ of 134. Doctors say Ill be dead in seven years. Jesus saved me. Gave me the cure and all. But what would a poor dying sinner like me know right?
>>
You already are immortal, you are an immortal soul. Our bodies are just physical vessels. Our egos/personalities are like masks, or suits.

Don't be attached to your physical form, it's supposed to die. Remember what you are.
>>
File: IMG_20170612_211239.jpg (912KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170612_211239.jpg
912KB, 1440x2560px
Heres the cure. God Bless
>>
>>19511443
I'm not really interested in extra time. I wonder if it's possible, though.

>>19511448
Jesus saved you as in, you're going to be living for longer than seven years, or as in, you'll be going to heaven?

>>19511449
If I'm already immortal and I jump into the nearest volcano, or however kids are offing themselves these days, will I reincarnate? Is that what you mean by "immortal"?
>>
>>19511322
you don't have to achieve it...you are...
>>
>>19511322
>How does a person get immortality?
Accepting Jesus as your Lord and savior. There is no other way.
>>
>>19511479
It is possible. Not only has God granted me many extra years, He has granted that to others in the past: Isaiah 38:5 "Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years."

There is nothing in the Bible that says God cannot grant more time to others, and I tell you, He gave me more time. How much I don't know exactly, but a lot.
>>
>>19511479
If you die in any way, yes, you'll reincarnate

what you seem to want is a way to live forever in your current incarnation. you think that the death of your current body is the end of you, because you think you are are your body

you >are< a soul. you are immortal.
right now, you >possess< a body. it will die, as bodies do, but you will live on

it's a natural process. we're not supposed to live forever in one body. we must take many incarnations
>>
>>19511509
You're sort of right. I'm not super keen on dying, but knowing that I can come back and get a do over would put my mind at ease about things. I don't want to live forever as this specific person, I just want to know I live ON forever. If that makes sense.

A different kind of immortality.
>>
>>19511523
life is about learning lessons, and evolving your soul's understanding. we cannot do it all in one life, as one personality.

but you must act with the best of your ability in the life you are currently living to face the issues you are presented with and learn from them. if you ignore them, turn away in bitterness and learn nothing, you will reincarnate with the same problems until you do learn. over and over again, until you pass the class.

don't waste this life, because you still have much to learn. your soul's path is a very long one
>>
>>19511322
Enough with all this spiritual larping shit, paranormal is just something that is unknown, not supernatural.

Unlike stupid shit like "you don't actually die, ur soul lives on boiiii!!!11!", I actually have fucking science to prove this shit.

Alright, there are a few ways of getting immortality (sorry, they're impossible with todays technology.)

1:
Your chromosomes are shaped like an X. At the end of each chromosome, there is a bit of throw away DNA called a Telomere. It's like that little plastic cap on a shoe string. When a cell divides itself, a little bit of the Telomere is snipped off. When there are no more telomeres to help a cell divide, your cells stop dividing. A person begins to be old (sagging skin, gray hair, etc), at about 50-60 years of age because of this.

If you can add bits of DNA onto your chromosomes, artificial telomeres, then you can have your cells continue to divide as they would normally.

2:
Lobsters do not have their telomeres spliced off when their cells divide, so if you can splice some lobster DNA into your own, you can do #1, but in another, possibly easier way. You might just grow some sick fucking claws, though. Dunno if that'd be a bad thing, though.

3:
Cancer cells do not lose any of their telomeres while dividing. This is what allows cancer cells to divide rapidly without consequence. If you can force a cancer cell to stop dividing abnormally, while keeping its ability to keep telomeres, then you can create an immortal cell.

(Yeah, I know, they're all basically #1, but this is, so far, the only known way of being immortal.)

It only stops you from dying of old age. If you get stabbed in the gut, you're fucking done.
>>
>>19511322
>How does a person get immortality?

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
>>
>>19511479
Both but also us Christians will be gone in 7 years.
>>
>>19511322
By being famous.
>>
>>19512160
I don't think I'd exchange having opposable thumbs for immortality. Interesting read, though. Where did you hear all of this?

>>19512222
Rapture? I'm fine with that. An apocalypse would be good for modern art, I think. Really inspire people.

>>19512228
Who would want everyone to know who they are?
>>
>>19512222
Well I guess this may be true with your quads to back it up. Checkmate Christians looks like it's time to find a new religion.
>>
>>19512314
Guy who posted shit about telomeres here, I read wikipedia and watched youtube videos.
>>
Ask Kyle Sison Weathers. He knows.
>>
>>19512644
I'm not going to consult a man who's name is Kyle Sison Weathers.
>>
>>19512668
The dubs say that you should.
>>
>>19511509
>>19511548
Even if I'm a soul, I must be opposed to death, for death robs memories. I cannot learn from reincarnation if I cannot do it in one personality - for it is in one personality that learning occurs at all.
Are you suggesting that YOU PERSONALLY have a personality that cannot learn from experience?
>>
>>19511322
I suggest you read, or listen to the Epic of Gilgamesh.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pGhEu9elnA
>>
Kidnap newborns and inject high doses of stem cells forever.
>>
Discipline to where you do not need to feed. Possibly some high concentrations of supplements. When you only need activity to keep your heart pumping.
>>
>>19512739
That was actually really fascinating. I'd argue that Gilgamesh didn't genuinely believe that his only means of immortality was through others, and that he only settled for that, but still. Wow. That was a great story.

Glad I didn't ignore you.
>>
File: pregnant.png (660KB, 680x1102px) Image search: [Google]
pregnant.png
660KB, 680x1102px
>>19511322
Jesus.

If you're looking for the stupid version of immortality, I don't know, become a vampire or make a deal with a fairy or something.
>>
>>19511322
Just die
>>
>>19514210
Working on it anon.
>>
File: 1502862310039.jpg (161KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502862310039.jpg
161KB, 1280x720px
>>19511322
dont let yourself forget what happened the next time you die

please dont forget this time
>>
File: ahjeez.jpg (2KB, 125x92px) Image search: [Google]
ahjeez.jpg
2KB, 125x92px
>>19514267
I hate when people say things like that. You're probably mocking me, but it still worries me. Guess /x/ isn't the best place for the paranoid.
>>
File: 1487132866909.jpg (36KB, 362x275px) Image search: [Google]
1487132866909.jpg
36KB, 362x275px
>>19514284
im larping and im not

im just tired of being the only person i know who remembers dying and waking up afterwards like nothing happened

life is a meme

death is a meme

im tired of the fucking paranormal but shit keeps happening to me

i dont have the answers for anything id like to just a series of unexplainable bullshit happenings that no one will honestly believe that just make me feel like a fucking nutjob
>>
>>19514298
eh who needs others to believe you.
If you know what is true that is enough.
For all you can truly know is that you exist so who's opinions could ever be more important than your own?
Chin up Anon
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.