[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is a bubble round?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: soap-bubble-1.png (616KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
soap-bubble-1.png
616KB, 1024x768px
Why is a bubble round?
>>
>>19508813
Less space form nigga.
>>
efficiency
>>
>>19508813
Because your eyes are round.
>why is the earth round
Same theory. You see what you look at.
Welcome to bean lied too ur whole life.
>>
Something something points something entropy?
>>
shill
>>
>>19508813
It ISN'T you fucking dumbads.
CAN YOU SEE THE BACK OF IT?
No. You see the top and bottom. Flat. You see ALL OF IT AT ONCE. You can't see all of it because "all of it" isn't there.

Bubbles aren't 'round' in the sense that you know them as. They are circles from all sides. You're being woken up to accept this.
>>
>>19508813
A bubble is round so that it can make slide threads of course.
>>
>>19508813
Because the air inside expands about equally, in all directions.
>>
>>19508839
same theory?
nig nog close your eyes and hold a bubble. its fucking round>>19509993
holy shit a normie
>>
to get to the other side
>>
>>19508813
pressure caused by gravity is excreted equally on all sides /thread
>>
>>19508813
State of least energy. Having corners increases the overall tension.
>>
>>19508813
It's the most energy efficient configuration.

>>19508838
This
>>
>>19508813
Because Urth is flat
>>
>>19508813
Surface tension
>>
>>19508813
Because if it had edges it would burst
>>
>>19508813
Why is the sky round? Why is the grass blue? It just is.
>>
>>19508813

why is time linear?
>>
>>19508813
On my home planet, bubbles are actually cubes
>>
>>19512562
Because it's the most oppressive and boring way for it to be?
>>
>>19508813
How is this paranormal? go read a physics book
>>
It's the shape where all the internal forces in the soap film are balanced. If it were to assume a cube shape, the internal stresses in the film would bring it back to a sphere.

The whole universe seeks balance, sometimes you see the result of it, sometimes you don't
>>
The reason bubbles are round is because the wand is round. If the wand were square, bubbles would come out square.
>>
>>19508813
i wish this was Poppy thread
>>
>>19512010
Good answer.
>>
>>19512562
It isn't, only the mathematical model of time is linear.

Things don't move 'forward' through time, or backwards, diagonally, north east, west, or any other direction through time. You only think they do because you create mathematical models in your head to describe changes around you.

A person goes from a baby to an old man. We create a linear model with 'baby' on the left 'man' on the right and a line linking the two. The baby didn't travel to the right 'through time', they merely changed states and we model this linearly.

It's just how we think.
>>
>>19512653
no, you gotta blow square breaths
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.