[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Orleans /x/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: french-quarter.jpg (65KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
french-quarter.jpg
65KB, 550x309px
Anyone here a local of New Orleans? I've been reading up on the city, and a lot if it seems unreal. Voodoo, vampires, hauntings. Does anyone have any interesting stories or know of local folklore? Not genetic tourist stories, but stuff that gets passed from generation to generation?
>>
It's all a bunch of catholic alcoholics. 100% tourist shit INSIDE of the city. If you want to look into paranormal Louisiana, look in the small Cajun towns where they still chase and behead chickens for Mardi Gras.
>>
>>19508354
I live in Baton Rouge and frequent the swamp marshlands that you think of when you think of Louisiana backwoods.
>>
>>19508354
>>19508783
Re: New Orleans...it's a great town with a lot of culture and things to do but other than that, the haunted stuff is nothing but tourist traps to get all of the kids with their hurricanes and hand grenades to spend money hearing about a story that a toothless man who is just passing through the town makes up as he goes.
>>
>>19508783
>>19508793
Any stories from the swamplands? I hear a lot of interesting things about Baton Rouge.
>>
>>19509117
I just moved here like 3 months ago for work but the people around here are really unique...Only here can you go to brunch on a Saturday AM and drink and dance to Zydeco music.

But as for the swamps, it's been too hot to do too much exploring and there is a huge West Nile Virus epidemic going on so I'm waiting till cooler weather comes to really venture out. I've seen a lot of gators though.

What have you heard about BR?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.