[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /x/ think of Dark City?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: Wrong Neighborhood.jpg (26KB, 490x500px) Image search: [Google]
Wrong Neighborhood.jpg
26KB, 490x500px
Is it the best movie ever made? Do you prefer The Matrix?
>>
I prefer Videodrome
>>
Anons, anons.
Both are kino af.
>>
>>19507790
I have a slight preference for the matrix, but they are both pretty good.
>>
File: ace_nibiru.jpg (45KB, 797x414px)
ace_nibiru.jpg
45KB, 797x414px
>>19507790
The more I read the more I think Dark City is a documentary.

Instead of resetting the city every night, they reset all civilization every few thousand years. And i mean REALLY RESET by going back in time and undoing all history, so that all the oil, coal, uranium, and metals go back into the ground like we never existed (because technically / physically we didn't).

Just like we get reincarnated with no memory to make the same mistakes over and over again, our society is "reincarnated" to live the SAME 6000 years over and over again to make the same mistakes. According to some people this is the 6th timeline reset, and we are coming up on a 7th. If we ever get zero point energy and anti-gravity "they" will pull the plug before we can get off the planet and escape their clutches.

Now you know why we still burn fossil fuels, and NASA doesn't do shit. Too much progress would trigger a world reset.
>>
Eh. The Matrix is a better movie, but somehow I kind of prefer Dark City.
>>
>>19507812
As do I
Long live the new flesh.
>>
It's miles ahead of Matrix stylistically

Plus Jennifer Connelly looks amazing on it
>>
So the strangers are basically the "greys" or whatever alien civilization is abducting/studying us in order to further their survival of their species
>>
>>19508289
the time loops
are caused
they are not natural
>>
>>19508627
Just watched this tonight, I saw it earlier when I was young, but I didn't have the knowledge I have now to understand it.

She is def hot af in the movie
>>
>>19507790
Great movie ... except for Jennifer connelly. She looks like a child playing at being a woman.
>>
>>19507790
holy shit I just sent this movie to my Dad yesterday. It is basically the same plot as They Live and The Matrix. Truth in fiction our reality is manipulated by (((them))) and nothing is what it seems
>>
>>19507790
just watched, was great.
>>
>>19507790
Crystal Maze, Rocky Horror... is there anything that O'Brien has done that was bad?
>>
The matrix was a rip off of dark city. The directors were in the set of dark city and then started their concept for the matrix. Both are good in my opinion, so who cares
>>
>>19510111
is this bait
>>
>>19507790
I like Existenz a lot tbqh
Less conspiratorial sinister vibes
But more mindfuck imho
>>
riff raff

riff raff
>>
anybody notice the parallels between the greys and the strangers or nah?
>>
>>19511336
Yes except we actually are greys
>>
>>19511346
explain
>>
>>19511346
how the fuck are we the greys
>>
>>19512215
Buttplugs.
>>
>>19512215
We are not grays
>>
>>19512215
I'm a grey.
>>
Protip : no movies that reveal spooky stuff about secret societies or being redpilled is even close to be considered a masterpiece. Certainly not one filled with nu-metal edgy action scenes and bad acting from nearly everyone involved, like The Matrix. Great movies reach much deeper into human nature and are closer to pure truth by ironically having much simpler plots.
>>
>>19512245
Real talk here: the only society the Illuminati never properly infiltrated was that of the Soviets. Therefore, only their films will properly convey any truth about humanity.
>>
never had to patience to watch Dark City to the end
>>
>>19512270
>he doesnt know who really initiated the sovjet revolution and who used their resources to start a subvention program that continues to this day
Read up on that before you talk about shit you dont understand
>>
>>19507790
this was better than the matrix
>>
>>19512285
>implying Stalin didn't fix that
>>
>>19512299
>Implying Stalin was manipulated into doing exactly what he did.
>>
>>19512302
I think we're both unironically implying implications at this point.
>>
>>19507790
Definitely better than The Plebtrix. Not best ever, but very intriguing and nightmarish
>>
Interesting that \x\ likes Dark City, when the ending implies that the overthrow of the greys actually does nothing to help us, and honestly, hurts us.
We're still trapped dwellers on a shell hurtling through space.
>>
>>19512278
stop fapping to hentai for once then maybe you could focus on a movie more
>>
>>19507790
Never seen this, but Blade Runner is the most underrated conspiracy movie of all time. Give it another watch.
>>
>>19512385
It gives us freedom though, removes the shackles of the strangers and allows the captive humans to form their own memories and lives without interruption
>>
>>19512243
>>19512238
>>19512235
>>19512215
grays are just blank androids
you COULD be a gray
>>
the actual aliens that reside within the the human hosts look like ARCHONS
>>
>>19511315
i like existenz more than dark city or the matrix as well. david cronenberg makes some strange fucking films.
>>
>>19507790
I think Dark City is a better and more interesting movie than The Matrix. However, I still like the matrix better. I remember first watching the matrix when I was about 13 or 14, still had the attention span for cinema, and was really into cyberpunk literature, and hacker and phone phreak stuff. The movie really drew me in, and I loved the aesthetics.
On the other hand, I didn't see Dark City until much later on, and it did not engage me in nearly the same way.
>>
File: 1483048005187.gif (3MB, 512x288px)
1483048005187.gif
3MB, 512x288px
>>19512347
>The Plebtrix
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.