[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Devil in the White City Summary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: H._H._Holmes.jpg (41KB, 282x337px) Image search: [Google]
H._H._Holmes.jpg
41KB, 282x337px
I've been a lover of /x/ for quite some time, from all the good missing person threads to the near shitposting qualities of Mandela Effect/Flat Earth threads. So this is my attempt to finally contribute something to /x/. It's about the book the Devil in White City, half about the serial killer H. H. Holmes and half about the Chicago World's Fair in 1893. I know H. H. Holmes is commonly discussed, but I never found information similar to that I found in the book.

The author and journalist behind it, Larson, wrote it using primary sources and citing dozens of books written on Holmes. He traces Holmes beginnings as a boy, to the creation of his murder castle, and all the way to his death sentence, focusing on nine victims that he murdered along the way.

My post condenses Larson's research into what I believe are the most interesting moments, real quotes, and anecdotes about Holmes chronologically for the most part. I'm sorry that I couldn't translate the information into the usual way /x/ posts are here, but the post went to be very long and I tried to structure it in a way so that it can be skimmed for information and ready easily.

https://well-wail-whale.tumblr.com/post/164723891738/the-devil-in-the-white-city-synopsis-and-summary
>>
>>19507290
>tumblr
>>
File: h-h-holmes.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
h-h-holmes.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>19507290
With all due respect, I personally think it's more interesting to read The Devil in the White City on it's own. It's a very well put together true crime book that any serial killer buff should go through.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.