[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Broadcast Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

File: Mr. Bones.gif (206KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Mr. Bones.gif
206KB, 500x500px
Hi /x/. Time traveler. You're probably going to want evidence of that. At least half of you are aware, pic related, why that's just not going to happen today. A quarter of you will figure out why I said half when you see how the other one fourth reacts.

Nice century you got here. Would be a shame if anything happened to it. That's a lie, this century sucks and happenings just make it worse. Markets sure benefit from competition and while this is desirable, there were also inevitably those organizations that took up negative, anti-human, environmentally unsustainable business practices to get by. It'd be cool if we all came together to correct some of the more corrosive aspects of doing modern business and helped to normalize the economy as a whole.

Anyone willing to help normalize the economy?
>>
>>19507258

Fuck off Larper
>>
>>19507258
>Anyone willing to help normalize the economy?
Count me in...any idea how to stop the Global Players Game?
>>
>>19507408
The goal isn't to stop it, but remove the parts of it that oversell their value. For example, if someone promises to lead a nation to salvation and greater heights, for the low low price of making them supreme emperor of the universe, that's not actually worth the price. Not because the price is too high, mind you. They could sell it for $3 and it still wouldn't be worth the price because it's just a lie. The economy moves on its own. The only thing any one player can provide is incentive, and nobody's any good at providing global incentives.

Other examples include lowering prices by using child labor, slavery, highly toxic pollutants, or any of a number of other hidden prices we don't really want to pay. Secrecy, it turns out, isn't worth the cost of doing business.
>>
>>19507490
We just need to start underwater exploitation and spacial exploitation. The problem is we need to set up infrastructure first which is expensive. Nobody ever wants to put the money down either. Especially since this new age is one that requires a decently educated populace.
>>
File: dogs_cant_look_up.jpg (70KB, 700x1100px) Image search: [Google]
dogs_cant_look_up.jpg
70KB, 700x1100px
>>19507258
I'm bored so lets try something.

1. At what point in time do humans realize they are being manipulated by hostile alien forces and then finally expel those forces?

2. When (if ever) do humans make contact with open non-hostile aliens? I include extra-dimensional entities as "alien", even if they are native to earth.
>>
File: the_real_fed.jpg (83KB, 400x523px) Image search: [Google]
the_real_fed.jpg
83KB, 400x523px
>>19507258
>>19507490
>>19508450
I really believe there is a hostile demonic or alien force screwing with humanity. I can think of dozens of ways to make the world better and yet I feel that they would all be undermined by this anti-life force.

Here's an idea you can steal if you want. A "generic car company". Have you ever worked on a car yourself, especially lately? They make it a point to change EVERY part on the car EVERY 3 years just to make it impossible to service older cars. Thus ALL cars will now fall apart, FORCING you to buy a new one. They do everything in their power to WASTE productivity and resources. My idea is simple, make a care that NEVER CHANGES FROM YEAR TO YEAR. There was a car like this, it was the Volkswagen Beetle and went unchanged for nearly 25 years. There was a car that went unchanged for almost 15 years it was the Volkswagen Rabbit. Since 1990 no car has been made like this, despite the fact that the world desperately needs a low cost personal transportation option.

Imagine buying a car and then just buying the parts that break on it for the next 40 years. Imagine the resources saved with such an idea. ALL cars (like almost ALL our good) are designed to fall apart 5 seconds after the warranty expires. A society built on such waste can't last.
>>
>>19508450
>1.
I'm gonna read this as two parts.
>At what point in time do humans realize they are being manipulated
That's always happening. Some times it's less noticed among the populace and some times it's more noticed. Sometimes the dominant social hierarchy is so fractured that the noblemen rebel against kings or exercise a coup against the entire state. It's impossible to be both controlled and not aware that you're being controlled on some level. In the modern economy, that's money.

What you're really asking is a function of the general population's awareness. Nobody wants to hear it, but these things take time. The exact amount of time it takes depends on varies factors I won't yet discuss in profound detail.
>hostile alien forces
I won't comment with any personal or recorded stance on interplanetary politics, and as a time traveler you should understand why I absolutely shouldn't.

>2. When (if ever) do humans make contact with open non-hostile aliens?
What kind of contact? Open contact? Does time travel count as "extra-dimensional"? If one nation acknowledges it but the others don't and ET does NOT want to get involved in political disputes between nations and stay hidden as a result, is that open contact?

You can obviously imagine far enough into the future to contemplate intergalactic communities. You tell me why this should be a function of time.

>>19508535
That's exactly the kind of idea we need to normalize the economy. False innovation is toxic to every future.

Please understand why I wouldn't be the one stealing any ideas here.
>>
>>19507258
If you're from the future, then tell me, what significance does the name Gideon hold as far as Western politics are concerned?
>>
>>19509338
Your claims are too big. If you don't share anything revolutionary maybe on some physics topic. or anything relevant. it's a total waste of time.

either way if you are from the future justify it.
Maybe some advance in Biomedical Engineering and some vage description of how it works? what careers would be wise to take in a 10 year span starting from now?
>>
>>19509444
>careers
I didn't make this thread in a vacuum. I came with a specific purpose and I'm not going to deviate from that. I have no interest in advancing the existing pre-normalized economy. Even if I had post-normalized data on hand, that data wouldn't be applicable until a substantial effort to normalize the economy had already taken place. With the current feedback so far, I cannot assume any notable success there.

Biomed has 50 years *minimum* before anything remotely interesting happens. (Interest measured from my perspective.) Normalization won't really affect the timeline there.

>justify it
I'm not sure there's really anything I can say to justify my being here. Anything useful would take way too long to verify (effectively waiting until a given date to see if my intel was legit) or else it'd be information that's not supposed to exist in this time period. The latter is risky/dangerous and the former would be useless even if the forecast were as detailed as a common encyclopedia.

As far as the ET/contact stuff, I didn't really claim anything. There are people that believe we've already been contacted, or have been contacted throughout history. I know that's not what you're asking, but anything I say the meets you on your terms could risk the stability of the entire existing memesphere on the subject. Peoples beliefs are not an irrelevant aspect of the system you're querying, and nation-states are still in a position to manipulate those beliefs by politicizing contact.

I can't put personal credulity, either yours or mine (or >>19509393) before the stability of the timeline.
>>
>>19507258
I can help, if by:

>normalize the economy?

You mean that we should help empower each person to participate in a decision process where each extreme outcome is limited.

>>19507490
>child labor, slavery, highly toxic pollutants, or any of a number of other hidden prices we don't really want to pay

You should intervene by educating consumers of those risks, with your specific extemporaneous knowledge.

>>19509338
>In the modern economy, that's money

Let us claim that the worst negative externalities are surfeit to cryptocurrency.

>False innovation is toxic to every future.

The information asymmetry is thusly corruption.

>advancing the existing pre-normalized economy

Help the battery owner.

>personal credulity

Why does organized religion take an abnormal position on the existence of alien life forms, and is an information symmetry resultant?
>>
>>19509751
>I can't put personal credulity, either yours or mine (or >>19509393) before the stability of the timeline
You've already split the timeline by coming back to talk with us, so let me reframe my question:

If you're from the future, does the name Gideon hold any significance in Western politics? If so and you don't want to divulge specifics, that's fine I'm not asking for details

Just curious
>>
>>19509869
>extreme outcome
Time travel itself is an extreme outcome. I can't expect to limit advancement or deception or any of the great technological perils, aside from trying not to cause them myself. It's a fair bit subtle than the way you phrase it, but you have the general idea right.
>educating consumers of those risks
While we can fight the future, we can only fight it so much per timeline. I can't know more about my effects on history than I can remember at any point. It all adds up to not being able to fight the future. Some things are going to happen no matter what I do or don't, it's how we all react that counts. We all already know the economy didn't form under perfect circumstances, but if our solution to repairing it is to cripple the parts we don't like by virtue of relying on time travelers to tell us which thing is inoptimal this time around, it only leads to yet another indulgence of laziness. Avoiding unnecessary authorities means self-education. The means I use to determine which things need to change won't exist if society doesn't develop the means to moderate itself.

The rest of your post will take a bit more time to answer properly.
>>19510341
>split the timeline
Only in reference to a timeline where I never came back. If I was always going to came back...

It's more about the principle of the matter than anything else. What might change about anyone's political career if I said anything? What if they never went into politics? What if they did as a result of my intervention? If my deciding to say something is what ultimately pushes someone to pursue a career in politics because I answered the fundamental question, "Do I have a future here?" for them, then aren't they just another politician locked in a time loop where their only relevance came from their preternatural knowledge that they could become relevant?

Likewise, if you become "that guy" that took direction from a time traveler, how will that knowledge affect your political career?
>>
>>19510446
>>19510341
>>19509393
Basically, without realizing it, you're asking me to take a political stance. Advocating for or rejecting the career of an entire politician. Nobody's all bad and nobody's all good, and I don't want to be put in a position to micromanage it by studying specific politicians' histories to perform a manual audit.
>>
>>19508535
yeah another thing about this
apparently all modern cars have electronic computer parts as well, so no one can fix anyones car for them anymore, its a necessity to bring into the shop.
>>
Time traveler can you at least give insight to Sep.23-24? What is the Happening and does it relate anything to do with the 40th year of Close Encounters of the Third kind?
>>
>>19510503
If you have a -SPECIFIC- thread/claim/post you want to link me, I can check it out. Otherwise, no.
>>
>>19507258
Sorry bud capatalism doesnt work like that. Economy will never ever be stable and there will always be bubbles. Thats why you need enviormental regulations.
>>
>>19510455
Fret not, the information you give me won't change my mind on anything. I'm not Gideon I'd just like to know if the Judge will return

I'm merely asking a yes or no question; nothing more nothing less.
>>
>>19510549
>>19510503 (Followup)
I don't know where this post went, maybe into Archive but this is the summary. >A Parade of Lights in the sky that closely resembles a Magic Kingdom Laser Light Show only Everywhere all around the world.

There up in the sky, I saw falling stars, shining and numerous from every corner of the sky, across the wide dark night. Out in the empty street, i stood in awe of the next sight I beheld; Bright, blinking, of many colors; Green, blue, red, white, all shimmering in a grand display moving ever closer toward me. The lights pulse and dance upon a silhouette of darkness, a silent behemoth of dark and lights. From the light emanating from this mass, i see as it crosses my sight, it is a ship not of this earth. It was the largest of all that followed it, in what seemed to be a parade from the heavens, Light filled the sky and many ships in many shapes and size moved in a line from horizon to horizon. Some the shape of clouds, and others like jets. Some were as spheres, and even as diamonds. All equally ominous and otherworldly.
>>
>>19512064
Without context, I have no way to differentiate that from a highly poetic description of the Northern lights. It can get pretty amazing near the polar latitudes so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for it to be embellished significantly through language.
>>
>>19512787
The event in that description which I was referring to happens all around the world where everyone can see it. I am not the first to have this vision and I have been studding it for more than 5 years. It would have been a life altering event for any Time Traveler to remember. The Android Sky is coming and it will be a great and meaningful event.
>>
File: Peacock.png (1MB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
Peacock.png
1MB, 800x531px
>>19510446
The incidence of time travelers is an extreme outcome without parity. I expect that you have indulged in a luxury and are required to account for the positive externalities of your behavior, as those consequences should compensate for the instability incurred from your trip. You stated an objective to normalize the economy, and I interpreted that you either meant to change the bounds or to remove the skew. I was referring to financial iniquity more than technological progress.

The idea is that we should braid together the worldlines to strengthen the integrity of shared future. I think you can talk about the mistaken perceptions of immaterial type: because those errors cause deleterious information asymmetry.

The solution is for you to help us appreciate present items of historical value. I don't mean for you to take a specifically active role outside of interpersonal interactions. You are interacting with our society to order to help us find a better mode, rather than to moderate us directly.

>The rest of your post will take a bit more time to answer properly.

I inveigle you toward doing good, even if you are LARPing.
>>
File: Icthyocentaurs..png (452KB, 409x436px) Image search: [Google]
Icthyocentaurs..png
452KB, 409x436px
>>19510549
In case they were not clear, you have been asked to discuss this thread

>>>19508802
>>
>>19513653
Thanks. I'll try to take a look when I have time.
>>19513540
>help us find a better mode, rather than to moderate us directly
Correct.

I have no problem helping you appreciate current events in their historical context more fully. That's part of what makes time travel interesting in the first place. What I'm saying is that I can't just use my interactions with others as a source of plausible deniability; my being here is distinct per my interactions. If I don't interact, my presence is non-distinct. Even telling you information runs a certain risk that I have to calculate and bear at least part of the responsibility for enacting, where without my interactions it would be significantly less likely to occur. I can't just say, "Trust me, I'm a time traveler," and have everyone listen. That'd only set a precedent that leads everyone else to think they get to come back in time and tell people what to do just because they know how one timeline turned out. Travel being one thing, I'm doing something else by interacting in a public space. It's not just about what did happen that one time, it's about everything that can could or will possibly happen.

Tackling information asymmetry as an event rather than a phenomenon is like playing Whack-a-mole. Unless things are able to be discovered now so they can be recorded to be available later I have no way to obtain that information to utilize it now, at the moment when it would theoretically be the most beneficial. This isn't about justice and doing the right thing, it's about making sure that justice and doing the right thing continue to be possible in any effective capacity at all. What we take for granted, what *I* take for granted, could stop being granted by virtue of my failing to understand basic, subtle, and complex principles of cause and effect.

Even if I told you, you might not be able to do anything in time to meaningfully affect it. What I need right now is an understanding of how useful /x/ can be here.
>>
>>19510503
>>19513653
I've replied to that thread.

>>19509869
>an abnormal position on the existence of alien life forms
I have no context to understand what you would consider a normal position to be. I can tell you that stereotypes never accurately express the true range of conscious intelligence.
>>
>>19507258
What year were you born, what's your favorite food, and how and when do I die?
>>
>>19507258
Larps like this are ruining the board
>>
>>19513948
Don't worry I picked a nice idle period. Nothing of any board-quality-affecting consequence was going to be posted this week anyway.
>>
File: Choice.png (1013KB, 859x977px) Image search: [Google]
Choice.png
1013KB, 859x977px
>>19513814
>I'll try to take a look
I thought the zodiac reading was a graph invariant on the symbols of grace and power.

In the context of current events, what do you think of this thread:

>>19513181

Does the interest you accumulate deviate according to the flow of information that you perpetuate asymmetrically whilst traveling?

>What I'm saying is that I can't just use my interactions with others as a source of plausible deniability;

Even if you are LARPing, we can still have a conversation. After all, we only recognize a human being by interactive statements.

>Tackling information asymmetry as an event rather than a phenomenon is like playing Whack-a-mole

Let's consider that I meant the causal chain, stated with transitions. Is Whack-a-mole still around in your timeline?

Should you not be concerned with the things that would be destroyed now, or placed at a loss for discovery? It sounds like you might be advocating a foreign ideal of justice with an unknowable definition of personal property.

Perhaps you, personally, are only here to enjoy very simple things. Otherwise, therein lies a paradox such that you are driven to inaction by fear of consequence. I am not adverse to gaining knowledge despite that.

Do you want me to explain how /x/ is influential? I might have just shown you the two extremes of threads currently available.

>>19513926
>I have no context to understand what you would consider a normal position to be.

Descriptive angelology resolves Fermi's paradox, but demonology justifies it.

>I can tell you that stereotypes never accurately express the true range of conscious intelligence.

The stereotypes are adverse.
>>
>>19507258
Got it.
>>
>>19514681
>>>19513181
I have not replied to that thread.

Cloud seeding would have a negligible effect on a hurricane. There's just way too much mass and all our efforts only affect a fraction of that energy.

But I don't know what ideas might be generated by the people talking about it. It's not my place to refute the topic and shut down further discussion.

>perpetuate asymmetrically
Travel is travel. It is only my willful interaction that has any notable deviant effects. I am a time traveler in the local sense of the word, but what I do is a far cry from just traveling. For most time travelers, the means is the end; to travel. To see what history looks like. To witness things we could never truly imagine. In my case, time travel is the means to an end. I try to minimize the asymmetry between us by being open and honest about what I do and what I'm currently here for. There might come a day when I'm able to bring back a future encyclopedia with me, but that didn't happen this trip. What I'm telling you now is what I feel I can safely tell you without causing me to never come back next time around.

Rather than an inherent information asymmetry, I think of it more as an appearance of asymmetry. OP pic related is exactly where I plan to plan to be.

>or placed at a loss for discovery?
Absolutely, but see the first part of this reply. It's not a given that everything will happen as it must. I have to find the boundary between happenings, between what interactions would remove terrible deeds and which interactions would remove the very event that causes the future to succeed.

What might never be discovered if I misconduct myself outside my natural era? It's not as simple as just being myself.

>how /x/ is influential
Oh believe me I already know. I just want to see how many people will sign up for this. The degree to which any economy-normalizing history modifications will be effective depends largely on the number of willing participants.
>>
>>19514681
>I am not adverse to gaining knowledge despite that.
That's all I can really ask at the moment. I don't even have any incentive to offer to people willing to help normalize the economy.

>stereotypes are adverse
Honestly your logic around Fermi's paradox applies as much to time travel and the far future as it does to extraterrestrials.

The stereotypes are adverse because they originate from a period when principle and ideals were seen to be the most influential things in human society. We've evolved, in a certain sense, since then. We know, now, how dangerous principles can be, and how deeply damaging it can be for many to hold to them while still under the boot of authority worship. We know that there are better ways, higher principles, and less room for compromise when forming ideals. Killing, for the sake of justice, for example, has lost favor severely in recent years. It only continues to drop as we move forward.

I can't tell you what I want to tell you because it'd involve telling everyone else as well. And there are many people watching who can't handle the truth. If truth is subject to belief, not even truth is guaranteed to set us free.
>>
I think I'll just stick to Vanguard and mutual funds that track the S&P, thank you very much.
>>
>>19516071
>I have not replied to that thread.

I was not asking you. You sought an understanding.

>Cloud seeding would have a negligible effect on a hurricane.

The paper describes flares, not aqueous Ag.

>There's just way too much mass and all our efforts only affect a fraction of that energy.

Said the apathetic RNA Polymerase to the Ribosome.

>But I don't know what ideas might be generated by the people talking about it.

The disaster of Hurricane Katrina in 2005 is video-recorded to have been caused by an intentional act of violence against essential infrastructure.

>It's not my place to refute the topic and shut down further discussion.

That political bloc lost power for 10 years after the previous disaster in the region. They're back again, and we have the same problem in less than a year.

>Travel is travel.

No, paths are paths, but the gradient can be dynamic.

>It is only my willful interaction that has any notable deviant effects

I am glad that you admit responsibility, but you should be humble about who may judge significance.

>I am a time traveler in the local sense of the word, but what I do is a far cry from just traveling.

Let us denote that you may be LARPing as a historiographer from the future. You need the /x/ community to show you relevant threads.

>For most time travelers, the means is the end; to travel. To see what history looks like. To witness things we could never truly imagine.

You're not a tourist.

>In my case, time travel is the means to an end. I try to minimize the asymmetry between us by being open and honest about what I do and what I'm currently here for.

It sounds like you're doing synthetic historiography for economic ramification.

>There might come a day when I'm able to bring back a future encyclopedia with me, but that didn't happen this trip. What I'm telling you now is what I feel I can safely tell you without causing me to never come back next time around.

I understand that the deliverables change.
>>
>>19516071
(continued)

>Rather than an inherent information asymmetry, I think of it more as an appearance of asymmetry.

We cannot forget what lies beneath the surface.

>I have to find the boundary between happenings, between what interactions would remove terrible deeds and which interactions would remove the very event that causes the future to succeed.

You already picked the gradient in spacetime. I don't know if you now claim to be doing something with semantics. Could you please explain further?

>What might never be discovered if I misconduct myself outside my natural era? It's not as simple as just being myself.

So far, it sounds like your primary deliverable is to informs us of what qualifies as misconduct in your case. I take it as a counterpoint to the "Trump is a time traveler" threads.

>I just want to see how many people will sign up for this.

So far, you have an audience of several persons.

>The degree to which any economy-normalizing history modifications will be effective depends largely on the number of willing participants.

The attraction of the largest audience likely prequisites the book.

>That's all I can really ask at the moment. I don't even have any incentive to offer to people willing to help normalize the economy

You seemed to have been taking a survey, where the primary goal is to tell people of what rules govern your behavior while you take that survey.

>Honestly your logic around Fermi's paradox applies as much to time travel and the far future as it does to extraterrestrials.

In either case, the neighborhood of observation is a limiting factor.

>The stereotypes are adverse because they originate from a period when principle and ideals were seen to be the most influential things in human society.

You mean that kind of thinking does not carry over when we deal with novel introductions. That calls organized religion in a dangerous niche. Beliefs supersede clan affiliations, under some special identity.

I know who I am.
>>
>>19507258
Hi, Time Traveler. You probably want us to read your thread without any evidence. That's just not going to happen today.
>>
>>19507503
and just wtf is "underwear exploitation" ??
how to exploit underwear??
>>
>>19517425
That is perfectly, abundantly fair. You shouldn't believe anything without evidence of some kind. Indeed, if you have something better to do today, I urge you to go do it instead of wasting your time here. Go, make the world a better place. Enjoy yourself and uplift and motivate the people who enjoy your company. There is no higher calling.

What good is any time period if we can't enjoy it?
>>19517283
>Polymerase to the Ribosome
There's no fundamental analogue. Organic chemistry follows a computational nature, while the weather of the atmosphere is pure fluid dynamics.
>video-recorded to
Then mention it where it's relevant. Every thread I'm invited to weigh in on is one I have to choose to answer on its own terms or answer here, away from the natural chain of cause and effect.

>the gradient can be dynamic
Hyperdynamic. There is no causal, organic phenomenon that is analogous to the dynamics of acausal causality. This is why we need specific categories for the different kinds of time travelers. Most that travel, mean to travel, and do not want to deal with the slightest deviation in that gradient.

>the deliverables change
Not quite. Managed badly, they oscillate. It's not trivial, and becomes increasingly more complex the more you interact out-of-timeline. Making it this far was a feat of engineering from the future's perspective.
>forget what lies beneath the surface
That is, in effect, exactly what I need you to do. But simply utilizing standard modern principles of trust would not ensure success. It's on me to know how to ensure there's nothing to forget to begin with.

>already picked the gradient
Yes, but I still have to work with it. I can't just throw it out and make a new gradient with no adverse side-effects. What I have is more like a map, and it's only accessible by organic memory. It's not beyond my capabilities to navigate, but it's still only a map.
>misconduct
Not even necessarily that. It's easy to get lost when the landscape can change.
>>
>>19507258

Why do you write in such a way that can only be described as treacherous. You remind me of a Christian Preacher babbling word spaghetti.
>>
>>19517379
>you have an audience
Not significantly. You aside, it's passing interest. I need a list of willing participants for this to go anywhere. If it hasn't already snowballed as being worthy of voicing assent over, it's probably not going anywhere at all.

>the largest audience
Oh no no no. I only need three good anons to step up to make any notable impact. From there, we'll have enough structural data to work with to give every new recruit a valid intervention. Large audiences are more dangerous than useful. The exact number of participants necessary to achieve optimal performance is entirely unknown.

>the primary goal
You're not wrong. I've been sitting on this thread for weeks, thinking about a reason to introduce myself that wouldn't be utterly pointless because it was just a first contact intervention. I knew first contact was always going to be more about anon asking about time travel than anything else. More or less, the pattern of questions you've been asking has been my primary result.

In those terms, the survey was just, "Yea or nay?"

>neighborhood of observation
Oh believe me, that doesn't change. Not even ET and time travel can change that. If something that can avoid it doesn't want to be found, you won't find it.

>>19517984
>can only be described as treacherous
Because the amount of faith I'm asking you to place in me for even something so simple as not having you report this thread is dangerous. By all right, nobody should have responded. Even those anons that do believe in time travel and can imagine a future that would bother to publicly reveal their interventions have no reason to believe I'm actually the person they sent back to do it. In addition to my claim of phenomenon, "Time traveler," there's the claim to identity, "I'm the guy who becomes this OP."
>>
>>19507258
Are you a time traveler willing to tell us cool shit about the future? Or are you here to peddle some economic theory?

Make up your mind.
>>
>>19518042

None of that babble answered the question. Let me rephrase it, why do you right in such a convoluted manner. The question begs the answer "because I'm larping and trying to trick simpler minds with words they don't comprehend as a means to establish myself as an intellectual authority".
>>
>>19518045
>willing to tell us cool shit about the future
This, definitely this. Normalizing the economy is just a flimsy excuse to make this thread useful to both parties. (Those being "present" and "future.")

I wish I could just show you, but it's not that simple. I could try to explain, but it won't help you understand the context of all the things I'd explain. There are things that would certainly interest you and things that would certainly bore you. I want to explain something, but I have no idea where to begin. There's a quantum leap between the technology and culture of this era and the technology and culture of the era I call home. I have no real way to understand what things I could even talk about that you could actually believe.

>>19518065
>words they don't comprehend
I'm trying to avoid that. Half the words I wish I could use haven't even come into existence yet, let alone the way I'd be using them. I had to learn to speak your language, the way language is used in this era, to make even a passable appearance as a local. I'm trying to speak using simple language that virtually anyone can understand. If I couldn't do that, there'd have been no point sending me back. Even now I'm not sure there was any point, but I have to try or nobody else will ever even bother.

There's a lot I'm hiding because I have no fucking idea what I'm doing. Virtually my entire sphere of experiences are irrelevant to everyone because it requires beliefs that won't naturally exist on /x/ for at least another two decades. Fuck.
>>
>>19518099

That wasn't so hard now was it. Lets go through the list of where your stories continuity broke down.

>If I couldn't do that, there'd have been no point sending me back.
This implies heavily that you were "sent back" by a third party/ies and not as an independent venture.

>There's a lot I'm hiding because I have no fucking idea what I'm doing.
This conflicts with the idea that those with capability to travel through time would send someone without a clue and without a plan.

I'd give you a 7/10 for writing and creativity if not for the fact that you are blatantly plagiarising the John Titor epic. You've got some writing ability that much is true but you show no signs of creativity, it's like you're an Archon....
>>
>>19518155
>without a clue and without a plan
Clues and plans are what I do have. I have those in spades. I'm the vector in our probability matrix that possesses that trait you would locally identify as "independent" and to answer your question, yes that was so hard.
>it's like you're an Archon
And that right there is half the reason it was so hard. I struggle every day with urges that would be associated with Archons. The only logic I have at my disposal to tell anyone I'm not is a battery of personality tests and introspection methods from a culture you can('t) comprehend and likely won't believe in even if I manage to solidify this time loop enough to bring back an encyclopedia *in an entirely separate version* of this timeline.

Normalizing the economy is the only *idea* I've had so far that was even remotely worthy of first contact. I apologize if it wasn't enough, but none of the clues and plans I'm equipped with mean anything right now.

I *am* the plan.

Or part.
>>
>>19518222

If it wasn't for all these repeating integers I'd have abandoned this thread long ago. As an avatar of the Gods I feel compelled to grant you further audience even though I believe you to be full of shit both figuratively and literally.
>>
Getting sick of the schizophrenic larping threads
>>
>>19507258
Sounds like some fuckin' communism bullshit to me
>>
>>19518266
Yeah I noticed that too. We try to keep away from the gods and gods, as far as we can tell, try to keep away from us. Maybe there's more to the story, but you have to understand how we can be skeptical about entities that share a characteristic with rogue time travelers splitting into new worldlines where they try to rule. The character is almost precisely identical, so you can understand our general skepticism. For that matter, time travelers can appear an awful lot like LARPers so I can see how that would be suspicious.

Thank you for your honesty. I'm honestly not sure there's anything I can say that would please any gods. I have no position to say that we mean you no harm because I can't speak for everyone. In general, time travelers mean no harm if for no other reason than we can always find a better answer to the history manipulation problem. There are certainly factions that would absolutely refuse to work with us any further if we signed up for a raw deal with an unknown polity that refuses to reveal any of its characteristics. Nevertheless, we can't exactly stop pursuing rogue travelers for a peace treaty that doesn't exist to *our* awareness.

For example, these digits. It wouldn't be hard to artifact a digital intellect to converge a time loop that makes an army of anons post at the exact intervals that would shift certain posts to or away from dubs. But then, any god that felt fellowship from you might feel like I was trying to change your beliefs, and thus threatening that fellowship.

My question, then, is if you can believe both of us.
>>
>>19518397

I do not believe even in my self, less so in the entity that tries to submit my will to that of its own, less so to you.

Say your bit and be done with it, my attention wanes with your digits.
>>
>>19518437
That was the bit. It's the same test we give to AI. You either understand that we have our own decisions to make or you don't.
>>
Why can't we set a date and we short the stock market all at once?
>>
>>19507258
Do the nukes ever drop?
>>
>>19518968
I'm not a time traveller, but absolutely.
>>
>>19507503
>>19510559
>>19516192
>>19518337
>>19518877
How to explain this without advocating for some manner of hazardous political ideology... Maybe I did the naive thing and failed to realize that there was some sort of critical flaw with my proposal.

The underlying social infrastructure for managing negative payoffs hasn't proliferated to the point where individuals can sense the potential in the coming tide, significantly because the tide won't change for another couple hundred business cycles. At first glance it would appear as if a cult like mechanism is required to un-corrupt the most toxic corners of the market to endow the past with an artificial sense of the coming, but not yet imminent, future. Appeals to principle and shifts in the market would as well qualify as meme magic as they predate the organic realization of the same principles at a later date.

The root cause of the forces and mindsets that shape the archetypal shark persona's willingness to engage in anti-... No set of motives comes to mind as automatically representative of the underlying forces that drive corruption. Principles themselves have not yet reached a level of refinement necessary to make "corruption" a valid target for removal. Primitive debates won't be able to generate the requisite levels of refinement to identify exact forces, removed from the parties that currently enact them, outside of a strong basis in the basic framework of effective altruism already present in the world. Clouded by a need for justice, nobody will mobilize to do the best thing rather than the supposed "right" thing.

The only remaining option is to identify the types of people who will become the key players and ... that could result in discrete origin corruption. Not a valid pre-contact initiative.
>>
>>19519018
the market is currently a zero sum game, the thing is most people don't have the money to trade nor to learn how to do it and the ones that are in the game have millions, but what if we find a way to 1. give free money for everyone to trade and 2. teach everyone to trade. Introducing as many people as possible to the market making it more fair, normalizing it...
>>
teach everyone in the world to trade, let them gain money by trading and not just by slave work, humanity advances 100x quicker... money is redistributed fairly to those who pay attention
>>
>>19519047
>fairly to those who pay
More shuffling doesn't unshuffle the deck.

>>19519034
>as many people as possible to the market making it more fair
The market has no value as a phenomenon unless valuable people are coming to the market.

You have to put people, ideas, and the things people want to do before money. Money isn't even a means to an end, it's just a bookmark.
>>
>>19517936
>weather of the atmosphere is pure fluid dynamics.

No, the rainclouds agglomerate on bacterial threads.

>Then mention it where it's relevant.

You're almost a denialist about this issue:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pgTXITuL3Q

>"Two New Orleans residents say they witnessed helicopters drop bombs on the levee that broke during Hurricane Katrina."

It makes you suspicious, and you might be trying to avoid causing a specific effect. Let me change the subject by generalizing:

Do real estate speculators who direct geoengineering malpractice thusly de-normalize the economy?

>Hyperdynamic. There is no causal, organic phenomenon that is analogous to the dynamics of acausal causality.

I think it is like the special relativity experiment where two observers communicate by flashlight on a train with velocity near c: instead of the two observers, you have two swarms of fireflies (Photuris lucicrescens).

>It's not trivial, and becomes increasingly more complex the more you interact out-of-timeline.

Maybe the introduction of more trivia could serve as a reference point.

>but it's still only a map.

Do you have to use the survey as a mapping?

>It's easy to get lost when the landscape can change.

You mean not misconduct so much as malignancy in spacetime.
>>
>>19518042
>If it hasn't already snowballed as being worthy of voicing assent over, it's probably not going anywhere at all.

Others have chimed in, but I think you might need to make an offering. What can we do in exchange?

>The exact number of participants necessary to achieve optimal performance is entirely unknown.

Tell us the minimum number of participants.

>introduce myself that wouldn't be utterly pointless

Now we have a standard reference.

>Not even ET and time travel can change that.

Please note that there could be a teleology of semiotics.
>>
>>19508535
Planned obsolescence is the bane of my life
>>
>>19509393
Isn't that George Osborne's middle name?
>>
>>19519352
>about this issue
Either it's critical to the time stream or it isn't. If it is, the relevant discussions should happen where they happened if I hadn't been here. If it's not, it's not suddenly going to become relevant if posted about in this thread, where it's not relevant. I'm not censoring anything or preventing you from posting about it here or anywhere else, I'm asking you to keep the timeline of the discussion intact. Nobody, presumably, wants to have to go over to a time travel thread to finish a discussion started in a more local thread.

>thusly de-normalize the economy?
Mmmm.

For now, these efforts remain largely benign, and quality more as research than anything else. Until you start seeing news about engineered weather being the One True Solution™ to world hunger, it hasn't exactly improved our crop yields yet.

>trivia could serve as a reference point
It's kind of like reverse-whack-a-mole, make-a-hole, if you will. It's like trying to explain Chinese culture to an Australian, before it was even colonized. The immediate present isn't the only potential beneficiary of any information I can provide, and I have a lot more time later to make those kinds of dumps. My immediate concern is the immediate populace and what can feasibly be explained without triggering the believability limits of this time period. As much as I'm prepared for the jump, I still find myself like Neo, crashing on the pavement below.

There's no particular rush to communicate anything right now if it's not already feasible to communicate it.
>the survey as a mapping
Yes, because the survey provides me with discrete information about local resources that can be used to engineer a new stable region within the gradient, allowing me to bypass it.

>malignancy in spacetime
Effectively. Priority goes to those who can keep it in their pants, so to speak. Also literally.
>>19519383
>What can we do in exchange?
I won't know what you can do until I know how many you are. Minimum 3.
>>
>>19508535
>A society built on such waste can't last.
It can last a lot longer than anyone had hoped. In a sense you're right, there is an anti-life force that undermines efforts to be selfless, do the right thing, and produce quality products, services and equipment.

If you tried your idea today, 1000 idiots would ask you, "Why not just cope what all the other car companies are doing?" without understanding your basic idea. Repetitive idiocy can definitely be a powerful demotivating force. The people that DO understand the idea will tell you, "The consumer doesn't want anything like that; they *want* to be suckered by big business and monopoly." Nobody wants to believe in a new market, especially a new market that's actually an old market. Innovation promises to change everything, always, forever, so that nobody can keep up. And it will always be better. But that's just not true. It can never deliver on half of its promises within 2-3 decades of making them.

So you have to ignore all business logic and do it because it's a product you actually personally want. You're not servicing a need other than your own and that's good, because nobody's needs are ever truly unique. There's always a market and it's the fact that there's always a market that makes the economy tick, or to be said to be valuable at all. But sometimes people can get ahead of themselves and believe that an idea is ready before its time. Your idea is more of a rewind, an idea that should have come awhile ago but didn't. The problem is that you'll need time to develop the solutions that nobody bothered to create yet. The anti-life force that will undermine you at every turn is basically false time.

>>19510475
That's a little harder to deal with. Time travel itself sort of emerges out of the manic rush towards futuristic-looking/sounding/feeling crap that has zero historical value. That would require specific intervention.
>>19519394
It's among the reasons I made this thread, if you want to help out.
>>
Until next time.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.