[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today I bring you the story of Tarrare, a french soldier who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 5768679679.png (237KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
5768679679.png
237KB, 500x321px
Today I bring you the story of Tarrare, a french soldier who lived in the 1700s.

>He noted for his unusual eating habits. Able to eat vast amounts of meat, his parents could not provide for him, and he was turned out of the family home as a teenager.

>he was hospitalized and became the subject of a series of medical experiments to test his eating capacity, in which, he ate a meal intended for 15 people in a single sitting, ate live cats, snakes, lizards and puppies, and swallowed an eel whole without chewing.

>he agreed to submit to any procedure that would cure his appetite, and was treated with laudanum, tobacco pills, wine vinegar and soft-boiled eggs. Nothing could subdue his monstrous appetite

>he would sneak out of the hospital to scavenge for offal outside butchers' shops and to fight stray dogs for carrion in gutters, alleys and rubbish heaps

>After some time, a 14-month-old child disappeared from the hospital, and Tarrare was immediately suspected. Percy (his doctor) was unable or unwilling to defend him, and the hospital staff chased Tarrare from the hospital, to which he never returned

>in 1798 Tarrare was once again found in horrible condition, Tarrare told the doctor that he had swallowed a golden fork two years earlier, which he believed was lodged inside him and causing his current weakness

>A search was conducted and no golden fork was ever found. A month later, Tarrare began to suffer from continuous exudative diarrhoea, dying shortly afterwards

>The corpse rotted quickly; the surgeons of the hospital refused to dissect it. At the autopsy, Tarrare's gullet was found to be abnormally wide and when his jaws were opened, surgeons could see down a broad canal into the stomach. His body was found to be filled with pus, his liver and gallbladder were abnormally large, and his stomach was enormous, covered in ulcers and filling most of his abdominal cavity.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS WRONG WITH THIS DUDE. Was he even human?
>>
>>19506367
>WHAT THE FUCK WAS WRONG WITH THIS DUDE

he had a fucked up hypothalamus or something that messed with his hunger centers that regulate appetite, some small tumor, who knows
>>
>>19506367
How does "eats a whole lot" equate to "eats babies"? Especially if he had a pretty cozy set up of being fed and housed in exchange for being a test subject? Why would he throw that away just to cannibalize a child (from the very hospital he lived in, no less)? Even for the 18th century, that's some pretty dumb logic.

I bet his doctor Percy kidnapped the child, and that's why he didn't defend him.
>>
>>19506586
>How does "eats a whole lot" equate to "eats babies"?
why do people believe things like astrology
why do people believe communism works
why do people believe the world is 6000 years old
why do people believe the earth is flat
>>
>>19506586
There's more to his story. He ate absolutely anything, and would lose control of himself when he was extremely hungry. He was already eating live animals, he probably just lost it while near the child or something.
>>
>>19506596
Why do people ask questions as if it's an answer?

>because people are dumb, guys.

That's why
>>
>>19506723
Well, it's even more his doctor's fault then.

You've got a maneating freak of nature living in your hospital that apparently eats live animals (much bigger and stronger than human babies), and you let babies chill near him like everything's going to be kosher? Sounds like his doctor's license needed a revoking.
>>
File: 1488925572639.gif (471KB, 474x379px) Image search: [Google]
1488925572639.gif
471KB, 474x379px
>>19506596
>why do people believe the earth is flat
>>
>>19506367
Prader-Willi syndrome.
>>
>>19506586
The dude ate live cats and dogs. A baby is just a small step up.

Plus if he did have prader-willi he most likely retarded.
>>
File: laughing mantis.jpg (43KB, 620x423px) Image search: [Google]
laughing mantis.jpg
43KB, 620x423px
>>19506596
>he thinks communism doesn't work
>>
>>19506367
Come on man, I'm trying to eat.
>>
As a freak of nature he was truly unique, I wonder about what was affecting him.
>>
>>19506962
If anything, the baby was a step down. Dogs weigh a hell of a lot more than babies.
>>
Dude definitely ate that kid.
>>
>>19506995
Puppies don't & he fought dogs. I'm not saying he didn't eat them too but that's not mentioned.
Eating a live cat though? Not unless it was sedated and halfway dead already.
>>
>>19506596
>why do people believe communism works
because it's proven scientifically that it works.
capitalism on the other hand doesn't work and needs a hugeton of regulations to work.
>>
>>19506596
You can add
>why do people believe in an afterlife
>why do people believe in a sky daddy
>why don't people read dawkins
>why do people believe in the supernatural
>why don't people put their faith/trust in science
>>
fake news
>>
>>19506367
That's pretty fuckin metal.
>>
>>19506964
It doesn't, commie
>>
>>19507064
Why dont you fuck off

Both economic systems have their downfalls. Excluding the part about communism being unviable in today's society and marxism not really being about economics, more like sociology but you get my point
>>
>>19506596
Because it's all true ya mong.
>>
Son of a bitch at cats, puppies, and human babies? I'am glad he died a horrible death! If i was living in those times i would have abducted him chopped off his arms and legs and made him eat them.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.