[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tinnitus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1495124396559.jpg (304KB, 1000x812px) Image search: [Google]
1495124396559.jpg
304KB, 1000x812px
Hello my doodz. I was wondering if anyone here who practises meditation has dealt with tinnitus before, and if so- how did you get past it?

Mine started from a factory accident that damaged my hearing, but it gets worse with stress and anxiety. At times it makes me feel kind of isolated, especially when it's quiet or when I'm meditating/praying. The quieter it is, the louder it gets until it feels like I'm trapped in my own mind and it makes meditation near impossible. It's yet another thing keeping me completely grounded in the physical world...
>>
"/x/"
>>
>>19506024

Just accept it, like you accept your heartbeat and breathing.
>>
File: 1389746654388.jpg (916KB, 2322x2348px) Image search: [Google]
1389746654388.jpg
916KB, 2322x2348px
>>19506024
Suck a dick and swallow the cum. You will be cured the second the juicy, hot load hits your stomach.

There is a side effect though, you will develop and insatiable hunger for big, hard, meaty cocks and an unquenchable thirst for white hot, sticky man juice.

Enjoy!
>>
>>19506024
Finger drumming on the back of your head method is a good one.
>>
>>19506058
I pretty much have accepted it, but it's hard when anything close to silence turns into a deafening whine. Especially when I'm doing spiritual shit.

>>19506127
I'll try it out, I find drumming in general helps me focus.
>>
File: 2015-06-09.jpg (111KB, 1138x869px) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-09.jpg
111KB, 1138x869px
>>19506024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXwqokws42s&feature=iv&src_vid=ZHUHSXwntfg&annotation_id=annotation_487429
>>
>>19506024
You can change the frequency of your tinnitus with mudras and controlled breathing. It eventually compliments your perception like a neverending song.
>>
>>19506024
You get used to it. I have intense tinnitus in my right ear and instead of focusing on not hearing it, I just think of it as a part of my like back or joint pain. You just need to accept that it's never going away, and once you do the noise that it used to block out comes back into focus. It's like you have to mentally train yourself to 1.) Be aware and accept it and 2.) think of it as ambient noise unique to you. If you can manage that, then it stops effecting your hearing capabilities and it stops bothering you altogether. Good luck on beating the distraction, and I hope you learn to hear past it.
>>
>>19506024
Tinnitus isn't actually hearing damage at all, it's a race of supersonic beings who exist in a dimension formed from sound waves in our reality. When a loud disturbance happens in close proximity to your brain and consciousness, they imprint on the echo of said brain in their dimension and a bond is formed. I have had a similar event in my life and have since attempted to communicate with them, using high pitched beeps compiled on my computer and played through ear phones, and lately the noise has been less and less. I think they are rudimentary beings incapable of deep thought but that is just my hunch.
>>
Yeah, there's not much that can really be done about it aside from getting used to it. If I find myself getting really involved in something though, I can even forget I have it for hours at a time, so it can be good to have something that can absorb your attention for a while. Good luck with your tinnitus.
>>
>>19506024
Chinese medicine, my nigga.
Many people claim who can into accupuncture but are snake oil sellers. But if you find the right one hty'll heal it.
>>
>>19506024
Here is a way that I found that you can release the stress.

A binaural beat is an auditory illusion perceived when two different pure-tone sine waves, both with frequencies lower than 1500 Hz, with less than a 40 Hz difference between them, are presented to a listener dichotically (one through each ear).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beats
>>
>>19506092
This doesn't actually work. It doesn't cure tinnitus and it doesn't create an oral fixation.
On that note, you can create an oral fixation in yourself if you really want to just by being sure it's what you want.
What part of your mind could ever overpower your mind making decisions over itself?
>>
OP here, thanks for the advice everyone. Glad for some varied opinions on it, guess I need to change my mindset and just keep trying things until I deal with it. Peace out
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.