[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do psychopaths have souls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_6845.png (183KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6845.png
183KB, 540x304px
Do psychopaths have souls? I don't believe so. They have no sense of morality or emotion, as if they're robots. Keep in mind that alot of famous people, are psychopaths, like various CEO's and such. It dosent nescisarily mean evil, but they have no souls. No conscious/emotions = no soul
>>
They most likely don't. Don't be fooled into thinking it's true for everyone that appears to be a psychopath though. A human with a soul could easily dehumanize himself to the point of resembling them very closely. You need ESP to know for sure.
>>
>>19505318
I'm actually kind of bothered by this.

>t. Diagnosed Psychopath
>>
File: 36051450_p30.jpg (595KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
36051450_p30.jpg
595KB, 724x1024px
The short answer is yes, we do.

The long answer is that you are making certain wrong assumptions regarding sociopaths to begin with. One, that all sociopaths are created equal and the same, which is false. Not all sociopaths are born, and even those that are do not always end up sociopaths in the way you know them. One's experiences are more important in the formation of lack of empathy.

Two, you define souls the wrong way. If we define soul as consciousness, it is different from defining souls as a visible spiritual presence. They are not the same, though they are closely related.

Three, you assume that all non-sociopaths have souls. This is also incorrect, regardless of your interpretation of what a soul is.

I suggest refining your perspective on the matter and asking the question again.
>>
only psychopaths have souls if u think about it
>>
>>19504923
they do

what they lack is that part of the brain that registers empathy
>>
>>19504923
They certainly do not, even if they once did. Psychopaths have been voluntarily infected by the demons and/or AI that run this world. Our world cannot be pleasant while they walk the planet; their very existence is the vehicle for cruelty and suffering that makes up everyone else's daily existence.
>tl;dr can we exterminate them without building a thoughtcrime state?
>>
>>19504923
lol looks like someone's been reading montalk or cassiopaea.

Right into the flytrap you go
>>
File: 17022991.jpg (465KB, 661x935px) Image search: [Google]
17022991.jpg
465KB, 661x935px
>>19505432
As much as I would like to correct you, you are not wrong. Whatever was in this body before I got here is not here anymore, though that happened decades ago.

You just didn't elaborate enough. Why do you think reality created beings that feed on human suffering and let them loose? Buddhism addresses this; such beings are part of the natural process and cycle. The numbers are greater than normal because we're approaching the need for a purge.
>>
>>19505440
Don't know why. Not the slightest idea, though once can certainly speculate. Could be lots of things...
>virus
>AI
>ayy
>demon/devil
or any other number of causes. Point is that psychopaths have built this modern society and are the cause of most human suffering at this moment in history.
No matter what, I do not believe that psychopathy has a proper place in the world. Don't try to justify your thoughts and actions by thinking you're playing an important role in the yadayada of some new age bullshit -- y'all ain't Shiva, you're a cruel unnatural cancer.
>>
File: 17021435.jpg (265KB, 661x935px) Image search: [Google]
17021435.jpg
265KB, 661x935px
>>19505527
The cause of much of, but not all of human suffering, yes. Do you think suffering has any place in society? Setting aside all occult for now. Would you prefer a world where no one had to suffer or die?
>>
>>19504923

Well it could be argued that the concept of morality doesn't exist. We don't really see it practiced in nature by other species they just simply survive in most cases. You can honestly make the comparison of our concept of morality being Self serving or simply a defence mechanism so we don't destroy ourselves far more than we already do. Also your definition of a psychopath is incorrect. Psychopaths can feel emotions and the reason for their irrational or erratic behavior is an overabundance of emotions. Whereas a sociopath is someone who is self serving to the point where empathy is impossible. ASPD is not well understood but that's the basics I guess. Fun fact every human on earth has sociopathic or psychopathic tendencies just a majority aren't within a threshold that is considered a problem.
>>
>>19505533

No because life is balance everything exists within a spectrum of opposites. Suffering is required or Joy means nothing and you become jaded and feel nothing. Joy balances out suffering as if Everything was suffering and found no comfort their would be no reason to continue living. In struggling to make a world without suffering you'd create one without individuality as there would be no need to adapt and grow. There is no force allowing suffering and even if there was in the end it's you allowing YOURSELF to suffer. Stuck in an endless feedback loop searching for meaning in meaninglessness and proceed endlessly to run in circles of logic.
>>
>>19505533
That question goes well beyond the scope of this discussion, and I did not say "all" suffering.
You will not get me to acknowledge, directly or indirectly, that abuse at the hands of psychopaths has a necessary place in the world.
>>
psychopathy and sociopathy exist on a spectrum just like you do you fucking autist.

the only difference between you and a psychopath is you're too autistic for normal emotions because you're a fucking rere and a psychopath doesn't have normal emotions because its an evolutionary advantage.
>>
>>19505543
It could be argued that Robert Mugabe makes a great babysitter or that Beethoven is a piker next to Leif Garrett but neither are true.
>>
File: 2dee41d2cd60a302c7efc533a8f8fda1.jpg (360KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2dee41d2cd60a302c7efc533a8f8fda1.jpg
360KB, 724x1024px
>>19505561
I enjoy the meaninglessness, insanity, and suffering that individuals expose themselves to. I understand implicitly that pain is something felt internally, and in reality, I can't directly cause it... Only influence people to do it for me.

>>19505568
That wasn't my aim. I really just wanted to highlight the differences between us. You are averse to excess suffering and I am entranced by it. Despite both being human beings, we can be that different.

Don't you find that interesting?
>>
File: Remove-a-Leech-2.jpg (191KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Remove-a-Leech-2.jpg
191KB, 900x675px
>>19505569
So you're essentially comparing psychopaths to parasites? Parasites have excellent evolutionary advantages for what they are, but they cause harm and generally need to be eradicated.
>>
sure they do
>>
>>19505588
I find it academically interesting, sure. But the harm caused by psychopaths in the world is outsized. If my right to swing my fist ends at your throat (or, correctly argued, well before that point), then your right to amusement ends at or before the point when it harms my life.
>>
>>19505595

May I remind everyone not only Psychopaths or people with ASPD cause suffering. In fact there are a large portion of sociopathic and psychopathic people who live amongst you and they are harmless. A large portion of terrible suffering comes from people trying to do what they think is right and will help others sadly they don't understand the full scope or how it could negatively effect others. You can cast off blame all you'd like but you've caused unwanted suffering for others we all have. Indirectly or directly is a matter of semantics.
>>
>>19505590

an autist is a parasite
a psychopath makes the world run

if you wouldn't kill a retard for having no soul then you definitely wouldn't kill a psychopath.

thing about you people is you don't understand you need psychopaths and sociopaths. you leech off THEM. they provide a necessary function to society and pull it forward. you wallow in your mediocrity and pettiness and just wait for the next leader to come along so you can follow/beg them to give you money/consume their art or media/worship them.
>>
>>19505595
I would never cause harm to someone who didn't do it to themselves. While we're at it, >>19505608
has a point. I am fully functional in society.
>>
>>19505616
Everything in your post is incorrect.
>>
>>19505616
>a psychopath makes the world run
So it can feed off the heavy-pumping blood.
>>
>>19504923
DEUS VULT in this thread

PURGE the non-believer!
>>
>>19505637

wake up you absolute fucking sheep

https://www.ribbonfarm.com/2009/10/07/the-gervais-principle-or-the-office-according-to-the-office/
>>
>>19505692
The fact that psychopaths run corporations does not legitimize psychopaths; rather, it indicts the corporation and internal hierarchy. Anyone who thinks that the modernized workplace was designed by living, feeling, souled humans has blinders on to the world.
>>
>>19504923
Psycopaths? Yes
Furries? It's complicated
>>
>>19505527
depends,
do you drive cars?
do you contribiute to the destroying of earth?
do you consume its creatures?
>>
>>19505375
>le look at me animu gore pic i am so edgy oh am so psychopath look at mr im so special
Just kill yourself you meaningless slab of meat. You dont have a soul anyway so who would miss you?
>>
>>19504923
Isn't the soul detached and independent from most emotion? Afaik psychopathy arises from a developmental error in the brain, if the brain is not the source of consciousness then wouldn't that imply psychopaths are just 'locked out' in this particular facility? I'm guessing people with other developmental disorders are similar, only difference being in some are intellectually inhibited insead of emotionally.
Also conscience=/=consciousness or self-awareness
>>
>>19505787

you're right and thats what these retards don't seem to understand

the soul is not linked to somebodies threshold for empathy because if it was then the rest of these autists would be on the same chopping block as the psychopath
>>
>>19505616
Psychopaths don't run the world, it's just the current economic system that promotes psychopaths.
Capitalism.
>>
>>19505810
Psychopathy is the default state of humanity. You would say Psychopathy is a result of society when I'd say the opposite. Morality is a made up concept we created so we wouldn't kill eachother ensuring at least survival. Animals are unconcerned with morality as is nature. Your human centric views are showing.
>>
>>19505438
Cassiopeia? Malestory ?
>>
>>19505843
Wrong
Gtfo shill
>>
>>19505616
We do not need them. That is a lie. We believe we need them. We need to change our beliefs and only each individual can do that for themselves. I'm not sitting around waiting on anyone with any sort of distortion to inspire me to change. I am that I am and I am all. Your 'service' is not helpful when I'm already complete.
>>
>>19505843
The animal kingdom does not define sentient human beings. This entire argument is invalid.

Oh and animals do show morality in my personal opinion. Ive seen a dog walk away in shame when they do something wrong. No morals, no shame. Morality is taught. Spirituality is innate.
>>
>>19505772
That's an entirely different form of suffering and you know it.
>>
File: CqAwqmZUsAAWub0.jpg (13KB, 269x260px) Image search: [Google]
CqAwqmZUsAAWub0.jpg
13KB, 269x260px
>>19505843
>>
>>19504923
The elites are of the Satanic serpent seedline, they are a differemt unfeeling species with an inferior unsavable soul.
>>
>>19505756
lmao

but really, all these self righteous fags in here need to look in the mirror before pointing fingers
>>
>>19505949
Yeah, like MJ said.
>>
>>19505942
nice one word arguement
i guess youve never heard of laws lmao, the animal kindom plays by the law of survival and reproduction, no room for sympathy
>>
File: 1503852217578.jpg (36KB, 177x174px) Image search: [Google]
1503852217578.jpg
36KB, 177x174px
>>19505954
>G O D D A M N

anon's on a roll today
>>
File: IMG_3703.jpg (174KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3703.jpg
174KB, 500x404px
>>19504923
I hated the world and everyone in it. So I destroyed my soul. You know nothing about god.
>>
>>19504923
Nice soccer mom definition of soul you got there. "Soul=emotion" is silly and simplistic. So yes they do, to answer your question.
>>
>>19505993
So what does that make you now? How would you describe it? Genuinely curious, thanks in advance for the insight.
>>
maybe some souls choose to incarnate as a psychopath for karmic reasons...who knows
>>
>>19505843
That is a difficult thing to answer because you're putting a human condition on animals.
Morality isn't the core of what makes a psychopath, the heart of it is the ability to empathize with another.
Animals that can't empathize by nature are simply out of the running for being psychopaths.
It is a human condition that can't be used on animals, especially if they don't have the capacity.

Mind you, I have a hard time with answering this because it simply doesn't make sense.
Empathy is a default state for humans, but so is our capacity for violence against those we deem to be our enemies.
We gather together for the benefit of ourselves, our family, and our personal interests.
Whether this is something as small as a family, or as large as a society is largely dependent on a person by person case.
>>
>>19506054
We contain the default state of matter and spirit. So... Empathy + fight or flight animal instinct.
>>
>>19506096

empathy is an emotion not the soul you fucking rere
>>
>>19504923
It depends on what you believe a soul is or what it equates to.
Psychopaths by their nature cannot feel guilt, remorse, or regret in their actions or choices.
They can feel emotions, they can express them even, but they lack empathy towards others.
That said, my belief is that perception means the soul, what you see, experience, think and do are all hallmarks of having a soul.
This is your soul, the little man that lives in your head, your brain, the very fact that you can think and do of your own volition.
In that respect, I believe that psychopaths have souls, because they can do these things.
They may lack empathy, but that is just a flaw, regardless of the flaw, it doesn't affect the fact they still possess a soul.
>>
>>19506109
empathy itself isn't an emotion, it causes emotions because you identify them in others
unless you're autistic
>>
>>19504923
just because you're physical body is malfunctioning doesn't mean you're soul ceases to exist

is a person with severe Alzheimers, who is wholly non responsive, lacking a soul because they don't do anything?

doesn't matter is you're good, evil, emotional, manic depressive, dead inside, or dumb as a brick
all humans have a soul

except gingers
>>
>>19506145

the word you're looking for is sympathy. empathy is a feeling. you sound like the autist.
>>
>>19505569

Schitzo here, This is pretty close. I have some negative symptoms which include Blunted Affect which basically means I have a difficult time displaying emotion and I do lack some empathy but not all. I view the world in more practical terms. I believe getting emotional over every little thing is unnecessary and distracting. If I see a beautiful sunset I appreciate the sight but I don't feel the urge to tell someone else "hey this is pretty" because unless they are retarded they already know that it is. It's meaningless to point out the obvious so I don't. People tend to think I'm mean and too serious but I like to have fun and do normal crap too, and I've recognized that in certain circumstances I have to go out of my way to express "feelings" to put others around me at ease. But yes, it's definitely a spectrum, I don't always display all my symptoms and sometimes they affect me more and sometimes it's barely noticeable. And saying I don't have a soul is pretty silly since I most likely wasn't born with schizophrenia, it was a product of extreme child abuse, high fever as a baby, and long periods of isolation. Unless you would suggest that under these conditions the soul is somehow removed, but plenty of people live completely normal lives for decades before symptoms of mental illness develope.
>>
>>19506109
Spirit is not the soul.
>>
>>19506179
Thisanon knows what's up.

>whites/westerners
suggests this shit is communicable
>>
>>19505375
Psychopath and sociopath are not the same.
>>
>>19504923
Psychopaths don't have souls by definition.
There is only the ego within the psychopath.
Only a physical reality
>>
File: IMG_0445.jpg (447KB, 965x1314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0445.jpg
447KB, 965x1314px
>>19506013
It's not a pleasant way to live, I'm a recovering Psychopath, and it's a slow, very grueling process.
The process for becoming one is simple:

>Because people were worthless to me and I despised them, I let the hatred in me destroy my compassion, my love and any trait I thought made people like me. I gave everything away for the unshakeable hatred I received, and with that hate I planned the destruction of those around me, because simply being alive provoked my wrath upon them

It was merely a survival technique though, in the end I would've hurt alot of people, and I have.

I have also recently found peace but I let myself live that way for far too long
>>
>>19506742
That's not a psychopath, you don't get to choose to become one. That's just someone with severe anger issues. Sure you could have some other mental illness, but you're not a psychopath, and you should be thankful for that.
>>
File: 1480507069934.png (164KB, 413x352px) Image search: [Google]
1480507069934.png
164KB, 413x352px
>>19506754
Not him, I know that feel bro. I am so glad that I'm free of that. Judging others and holding grudges is some of the worst kind of pain.
>>
My Boss is psycho, he hasn't got soul. Confirmed.
>>
File: tumblr_n2kuyzMQr71s9iquno1_500.png (52KB, 299x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2kuyzMQr71s9iquno1_500.png
52KB, 299x750px
>>19504923
Everything with consciousness has a soul
>>
>>19504923
Perhaps psychopaths are just failed clones
>>
Psychopaths aren't even as bad as narcissists. Both of them will do the same shit, but fundamentally something is BROKEN in psychopaths. Their disorder will push them too far and drag them into strife. Narcissists on the other hand know how to draw back and paint within the lines. They thrive on the creation of false order.
>>
>>19506933
>Judging others and holding grudges is the worst kind of pain
You have people who hold rightful grudges against you, don't you anon?
>>
>>19507610
Most bosses are psychopath or report to psychopaths. I once lost a job for refusing to be cruel to my people - when I refused to lie and manipulate, my boss (an exec vp) would go to entry level people in my department and threaten their jobs or otherwise fuck with their heads. His stated goal was to inflict more mental cruelty to individuals my team than I'd inflict by implementing negative motivational techniques. After I didn't play along for awhile and insisted on protecting my folks he proceeded to fire me and two entry level folks, a pregnant young woman and a guy who'd just beat brain cancer. FUCKING BRAIN CANCER. Everyone else save for one quit within a year.
Many companies and corporate hierarchies are designed by psychopaths to extract value by inflicting cruelty on employees.
>>
>>19508314
You appear to be describing highly uneconomical business practices, anon. If you are lying, I wish you would not lie. If you are telling the truth, I hope the business world remembers its own interests well enough to filter out such pointless practices.
>>
>>19508327
I'm not lying. This guy's business practices have proven to be less profitable in the long term - but in the short term (months end, quarters end) show the best topline numbers. But public companies trade on quarterlies so he's been promoted twice.
>>
>>19505375
Holy shit what a fucking faggot hahahahaha
>>
>>19506166
Incorrect. Empathy is the force that senses not merely the sympathy, but the motions and feelings of others. It does not hesitate to reach out when it feels the need to. Connected with intuition, a strong mind can help others through incredible situations and trials.

Sympathy on the other hand is this emotion you speak of. Anyone can conduct sympathy, especially those with manipulative, malevolent tendencies. Deception is also a large trait, just as this thread will further prove with those unwilling to accept inferior nature from within and thus improve with the love of understanding and gaining wisdom.

Cognitive empathy is an emulation from the mind on how one thinks of what another is feeling. It is massively promoted, so that there are more seeds of discourse sewn in relations all around us. This will be utilized by those without a functioning amygdala (one that does not flicker nor falter, such as a sociopath), in order to relate to a person in the best way that they possibly can. I have not only witnessed it happening to friends, but to myself as well. With enough cunning intellect, one can become a silver-tongue serpent.

Personal discoveries and revelations have come and gone, giving insight to these elements. The ability to amplify surroundings, to practically multiply emotions and intensities from within yourself to others. This is how come psychopaths cannot stand to be around me for long before their mask falls off, the lovely gift that pierces through the veil. It did not come without its own sufferings and sacrifices however.

Good luck out there, fellow empaths. Also, narcissism isn't directly related to psychopathy. It nearly seems to be a dark form of empathy.
>>
autistic schreeech
>>
File: 1487438827676.jpg (43KB, 322x605px) Image search: [Google]
1487438827676.jpg
43KB, 322x605px
>>19507764
Never really thought about it but it's possible. I can think of one girl that might at the very least. Why do you ask?
>>
>>19504923
>Do psychopaths have souls?
Yes, jews do have souls. But they don't have as many chakras as us gentiles.
>>
>>19505375
cringe
>>
>>19506142
best answer in whole thread, short and well evaluated, secondimlng this
>>
>>19508563
Well put
>>
>>19505375
CRAAAAAAWLING INNN MYYY SKINN
>>
>>19504923
No you christfag retard, it means they have a dysfunctional amygdala which stunts their emotional growth which leads to them losing the sense of various emotions that most normal people feel like fear and anxiety and happiness or sadness.

It's a biological thing not a "soul" thing
>>
>>19504923
What is soul?
>>
Empathy is very easy to suppress if you know how to do it. Just don't acknowledge the emotions of others. It's that easy actually. Just don't accept them. Empathy is a choice
>>
File: 1497303726074.png (922KB, 564x636px) Image search: [Google]
1497303726074.png
922KB, 564x636px
>>19505432
>tl;dr can we exterminate them without building a thoughtcrime state?
We need individual vigilantes that have a strong will and sense of collective morality. Killing will not work as there isn't room to learn from your mistakes when you lose your memory of your pervious life. I ask God to align my path with those who deserve punishment so that I can hopefully get through to them on some level, so far my fate has been exactly what I've asked for.

Sometimes you just need a serious wake up call and I seem to possess the ablity to dig up people's unconscious emotions.
>>
>>19504923
We do have souls, the problem with most is that they sacrifice it for material nonsense. A psychopath is basically a more advanced form of human, but the problem is they either think they're normal, or think they're this monster because of society. The fact they are able to detach from a lot of things easily, we are able to reconnect as well, makes them prime candidates for meditation and spiritual progression. Unfortunately, we have the conditions we have today.
>>
>>19505432
No, but you become the projection you have of us because of your hatred based off of some bias formed earlier in your life. Normal people become psychopaths as well. I bet the majority of people who think they are doing genuine good when they may not be weren't psychopath at first. Environmental conditions can cause one to become a psychopath and this retarded idea you have would lead anyone who volunteers into it. Then once you have your "society", like every God forsaken country ever, you still won't have peace because you people became the monster. Why do you think it's written to turn the other cheek? Or that rewarding evil with evil is evil?

It's funny how people make entertainment where the main character refuses to kill because he's not like the people he's fighting, but at the same time, it never happens in real life. You ain't better, you think you're better and that's your sin.
>>
>>19505746
As a psychopath I do agree with this. Life would be better off without our current way of living, but how to we get to a better place? By what means and to what end? I haven't the foggiest idea because any ideas I may have no one cares for.
>>
>ITT: Psychopaths and edgy children both desperately rationalizing why actually, they're cool and good.
>>
>>19504923
A true psychopath does not appear to have a soul. Thus there can be no true empathy with other living creatures.
Hitler fancied himself as an artist as a youth. He made architectural drawings. None of them depict any other human being.
To him they were not real. No possibility of empathy. He killed millions without guilt or remorse.
>>
>>19513405
Who lied and told you that? There are plenty of artists that specialize in one thing or another. Here let me make up something equally retarded.

"Hitler loved the world around him, and the accomplishments of men, which is why he took up drawing to preserve buildings that may be destroyed in the future. He also, certainly, must have killed sixty bajillion jews in order to keep those dirty hooknoses from destroying civilization, and the architecture he grew to love with it. His actions were pure and just. They were born entirely of compassion for his fellow man."

Does that sound correct? Of course not. The reality is that he had more talent for drawing architecture, and he found it fun, so he stuck with it. The killing is most likely completely unrelated to the art.
>>
>>19505326
if you were actually a psychopath you wouldn't be bothered by that lol
>>
>>19513405
Hitler defended his country from economic assault. He did what we would all do when cornered.

If you haven't entertained the thought of genocide, you haven't ever really been cornered.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.