[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

led zeppelin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: download (2).jpg (10KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
10KB, 239x211px
fuck is up with their most popular song "stairway to heaven?
what is the 'tune' that they talk about throughout the song, and why are there themes of salvation throughout the song?
jimmy page is an occultist, and worked at an occult book store, is this song related to a cult?
>>
File: IMG_6588.jpg (121KB, 854x687px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6588.jpg
121KB, 854x687px
Meditate regularly and you'll figure it out
>>
>>19504209
"stairway to heaven"
"why are there themes of salvation"
"""""in a song about heaven"""""
Gee anon thats a hard one
>>
>>19504209
It's a criticism of Money and Fame.

The lady depicts the church, under a reflection of history. Revelation 17:5 talks about, a church which is supposed to be the bride of Christ, who went wanton and from her came forth daughters (sects) which also prostituted themselves with the ways of the world (a common biblical analogy from the old testament (check the book of Hosea).

The gold being spoken of in the song refers to what lasts forever, for that matter immortality, but the lady had a mindset that every claim (glitters) that resembles what is religious will work when there is only one true way (Jesus), and thus she's trying to buy her way to get to Heaven with partial Truths, peculiarly reflectively connected with Matthew 7:21 and Ephesians 2:9 which paints a picture that the woman/lady is indeed being foolish.
>>
>>19504209
First ask yourself this: Where did the children go?

http://www.indiana.edu/~librcsd/etext/piper/text.html

"Your head is humming and it won't go
In case you don't know,
The piper's calling you to join him"

Can you hear the piper's tune or is your shadow taller than your soul?

The stairway lies right in front of you but you always miss it.
>>
>>19504209
After zeppelin Page and plant went to make celtic folk songs, maybe you should look there for some answers.
>>
It's about a woman buying heroin to intentionally OD and then regretting it in her subsequent trip.

Page was a Crowley fan but Page wasn't the lyricist, Plant was the lyricist and he just likes Tolkien.
>>
>>19504209
he owned the occult bookstore.

he was also heavily into alleister crowley's work and even bought the latter's house.

still, they were the greatest rock band, OF. ALL. TIME.
>>
>>19504209
it's satanic references when played backward always wigged me out a bit
>>
>>19505024
>According to mainstream

Does this make mumble rap the Greatest Rap "OF ALL TIME", or is it just because people readily buy into advertising? Nothing's changed since then and now, anon. It's not Occult, it's Psychology.
>>
>>19505329
Let me explain. In the 1960's/70's everyone was looking for a new way to discuss God/Christ/Satan. Of course some people figured out the selling power of Taboo, and used it to promote their own works. "Ooh, they talk about the Devil!" The old people say. "Ooh, this pisses off my Parents!" The young people say.

Fast forward to Now. People want to explore Hedonism and YOLO culture. They figure out that Teenagers LIKE Drugs and Alcohol. "This is all Corrupt!" The old folks say. "Shut up dad, it's my body I do what I want to!" The young folks say.

And thus Fetty Wap makes it into the Billboard 200 because kids like Taboo, Drugs and Alcohol. All else that succeed pander to this.
>>
>>19505329
what are you even talking about?

i wasn't even born when this band became famous, and ive only discovered their music in the middle of 2017. i mean ive heard of them, obvs, but i never cared to listen til fairly recently. and i was completely blown away. so no, it was not a product of marketing.

also, as you can see from my post, i was replying to OP and correcting his notion that jimmy page "worked" at an occult bookstore. (hence i said he actually owned the store). i also added the fact that he was a crowley fan, and another fact, that he bought the latter's house.

I was merely stating tidbits about page, and I was not in any way making a claim that theyre a paranormal band.

You just went ahead and assumed that.
>>
>>19505329
>it's Psychology.
Don't be lumping zeppelin in with shitty pop music culture you fuck head. It was real music by real musicians who wrote their own music and actually had talent.

You can use this argument for bands of the same era like The Monkees however.
>>
>>19504209
Occultism aside, the primary mythology of the western world has been Christianity for centuries, of course something relating to this is going to resonate better with people than something that isn't so embedded in our culture. More than any other reason you find these types of themes popular in music simply because people like it.
>>
>>19505329
Zeppelin may have been famous, but they never were, and never will be "mainstream," you igonorant fuck.
>>
>>19505486
>it was real music by real musicians who wrote their own music and actually had talent.
lmaooo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Led_Zeppelin_songs_written_or_inspired_by_others
>>
>>19505948
you can get a led zeppelin t shirt at literally thousands of teen clothing stores
>>
>>19505486
Even the monkees were better than groups now. They fought their handlers for creative control and had it from headquarters on and their careers may have all died because of it but they did it their way in the end.
>>
File: LedZepFags.jpg (383KB, 1315x1197px) Image search: [Google]
LedZepFags.jpg
383KB, 1315x1197px
>>19504209
I remember all the shit about "backward masking" in pop & rock records, loaded the relevant line into my sampler (AKAI s2000) to check it for myself, not really convinced about that one. The lines:
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run,
It's not to late to change the road you're on"
are said (when reversed) to become:
"Here's to my sweet Satan, the one who watches over me says (that) his power is Satan".
I think that theory about Led Zep is BTFO. Judas Priest - now that's a different story...
>>
>>19505988
THAT'S your basis for categorizing music as mainstream?

Lol what a fucking joke. Even indie bands have band merch. Even metal genres and subgenres you've never heard of have band merch in stores which sell other band merch from more popular, actually mainstream, performers
>>
>>19506778
yeah but not at fucking pull and bear and zara, bet you won't find burzum shirts there
>>
>>19506882
Bacause those stores don't sell band merch, you autist
>>
>>19505948
Their songs are played thousands of times A DAY by classic rock stations all over the world. Tf are you talking about?
Love, /mu/
>>
>>19506605
The Monkees were awesome c.f. Zor and Zam. That song still has resonance to this day.
>>
>>19507040
Exactly. They're a niche band.

You will never hear them played together with actual mainstream "musicians" like taylor swift, kendrick lamar, ty dolla sign, ariana grande, the boys from the now disbanded one direction, justin bieber, beyonce, ad infinitum, ad nauseam
>>
File: Greed.png (16KB, 116x138px) Image search: [Google]
Greed.png
16KB, 116x138px
>>19507278
>ad infinitum, ad nauseam
?
Never heared of those, are they famous`?
>>
>>19505024
You mean the greatest thieves of all time right? Cause there's no possible way these fucking hacks are the goat band. Great performers tho
>>
>>19507278
All those "musicians" you named are in fact better than Led Zeppelin because they are actually ARTISTS who make great art. So yea you're right about Led Zeppelin being actually musicians, musicians who only know how to perform other people's songs. They aren't real artists, they're glorified cruise ship performers
>>
>>19507564
LOL that's rich. Move along, millenial faggot
>>
>>19507564
>completely missing the point of the posts
>being this retarded

grow some reading comprehension, buddy boy
>>
>>19508023
You're a faggot pleb just admit it
>>
>>19507414
KYS

J.Page
>>
Be sure to check out the Grateful Dead, too
>>
Going back to OP, while Jimmy Page was heavily into the occult, and tried to manifest it through their album art, the band per se, isn't.

The band has a personality separate and distinct from the members that comprise it.
>>
>>19504209
This thread holds the answer.

>>19507782
>>
>>19509099
Grateful Dead music was mainly done by Jerry Garcia and Robert Hunter, the farthest thing from occultists they just took a bunch of acid and heroin and wrote music don't drag the dead into this bullshit
>>
>>19507564
This is so retarded it physically hurts you need a history lesson buddy John Paul Jones writes fucking operas in his free time shut the fuck up you ignorant shithead don't ever compare those people to actual writers and musicians, you don't know most of those people he named have ghost writers now and don't write their own shit
>>
>>19507414
They maybe stole the music to like 3 songs, maybe and hasn't been proven. Every band ever copies and rips off one another it's a dog eat dog industry, if you hate on zeppelin for stealing riffs or ideas then you might as well be fair and hate on every other band because they all do it, John Paul Jones is a legitimate musical genius
>>
>>19504955
Page and John paul wrote all the music
>>
>>19504281
I really, highly doubt Robert plant was thinking of biblical references and specific sections, most likely just shot some heroin did some coke and wrote whatever happened in his head
>>
>>19509379
it' called sampling, senpai
>>
>>19509357
come on bob weir was the backbone of the dead
>>
>>19504263
I love this photo. Can someone explain the actual meaning though
>>
>>19509401
Nope, if you listen the backwards lyrics, you at least find Stairway was carefully crafted and a skilled piece of poetry.
The complete lyrics tell a story backwards. However you call it, it's fucking fantastic how they did it, although if you know the trick, it isn't that hard to do
>>
>>19509798
Typical Flat Earth propaganda.
>>
>>19509357
Dude I simply said check the music out. Was mostly meant for the young guy here just discovering Led. You attached all that other shit.
>>
>>19510022
will check them out, thanks.

what's a good album to start?
>>
>>19509798
The inside of the bubble represents the universe as we know it, The outside represents the hidden recceses of the mind that takes time and patience to tap into. Though, that frame of mind is unique to each person.
>>
>>19504209
I find it odd that Led Zeppelin as a band are a really outgoing, extroverted group of people, but many of the context of their songs sound like they were written by depressed sheltered antisocial people.That's just from my memory though, could be thinking of a different band. Haven't listened to zeppelin since I was really into vinyl.
>>
>>19509798
Mandalas and meditation
>>
>>19510054
apart from stairway to heaven and the whole backmasking brouhaha, none of their other songs have an occult undertone, as far as i could tell.

and with regard to that, people hear what they want to hear, people believe what they want to believe, and people attach a hidden meaning where there is none.

i personally believe that:

a) the whole backmasking issue is hogwash (remember how conservative elders thought rock songs were the "devil's music"); and

b) stairway to heaven has the most epic riff, ever.

if anything, their music is trippy/sexy (whole lotta love, dye'r maker, since ive been loving you), and best listened to while on lsd. nothing paranormal about that.
>>
>>19510123
In my opinion, Stairway to heaven's riff sucked. Too many people who "Liked Rock n' Roll" back in my day cited that song. Out of a band with numerous albums, the fact that only ONE song was chosen to be their best work really speaks for itself.

It's like saying out of 100 pieces of shit, 1 is bound to be a diamond. Don't get me wrong, they have lots of good songs. But to say Stairway to Heaven is their best just displays how little you've listened to Zeppelin.

Why not Kashmir? Or Achille's Last Stand? Or Lemon Song?

Stairway sucked balls, and was mainstream trash compared to those gems.
>>
>>19510210
it's a matter of taste, desu. i was simply stating mine.
>>
>>19510210
So you listen to music based on how unpopular it is?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.