[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: 1502686209297.jpg (593KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502686209297.jpg
593KB, 1920x1080px
Is reality itself a paradox? I've heard a lot of stuff about reality being an illusion so i got thinking. What if the only way ANYTHING can exist is if the origin of its existence is a paradox?

For example. God created himself.
Another example. Humans create an ai so smart and powerful it manages to go back in time and originate the big bang.
You know what I mean?

This idea makes a lot of sense to me and it really has allowed me to gain a lot of faith in my beliefs.
>>
>>19503505
Even if you're wrong, you won't be wrong for long.

Either you find something that resolves the paradox or you don't. Either way you're more right than anyone else.
>>
>>19503505
I'm not religious, just clearing things up. Techniclly the christian God was created from the Word, because the Word of God was allmighty. That's pretty a pretty big paradox, for someone to come out of his own words. But I belive it was just a way to emphersise the might of God.

Also, some creation "theories" are pretty wild, with no God creating anything and things coming out of chaos. Greek mithology for examle (don't think I have to explain). Same goes for Nordic belives, that state that everything was cold until a giant with a cow appeared. Humans were born from the giant's swear as he slept, males from his pits and females from the feet, that's they are the same but different. Pretty neat explanation.
>>
>>19503505
>ai goes back in time to originate the big bang
wouldn't he be destroied going back to the time of non-existance?
>>
>>19503555
As far as the example goes, the universe only exists because it's in its own paradoxical loop, that being, the very creation of itself was caused by... the creation of itself. lets say the A.I. spends millions of years advancing itself and becoming basically an all powerful god. Such a godlike thing should be able to figure out a way to go back in time before time, and create it.
>>
File: 2015-06-09.jpg (111KB, 1138x869px) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-09.jpg
111KB, 1138x869px
>>19503505
thats a thinker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_392690&feature=iv&src_vid=iLgieQXQnDU&v=4dpRPTwsKJs
>>
File: asimov.png (550KB, 800x553px) Image search: [Google]
asimov.png
550KB, 800x553px
>>19503505
>Another example. Humans create an ai so smart and powerful it manages to go back in time and originate the big bang.
https://www.physics.princeton.edu/ph115/LQ.pdf
Are you a fan of asimov or did you come up with this on your own?
>>
>>19503505
femanon here

reality may or may not be a paradox and that is none of your concern
>>
>>19504937
He almost got it dead on desu. Though there was no big bang, everything always just was. Also, the story goes that our future/current/past elite created chimera beings via extremely advanced technology, who we then sent back in time. These are the beings known to the ancients as Ra, Horus, Set, and many others, as well as the Hindu deities, for example. These beings then went back further and created humans. This is the final red pill.
>>
>>19503741
It'd have to in that scenario. That's called a Closed-Loop, and is a Paradox solution.
>>
>>19505154
This is one of my favorite theories. Think about it. All the Tech we have is based on Mythology. We'd never have thought about a Portal Gun if it weren't from Portal. Likewise, we'd have never have thought of naming mars "Mars" if it weren't for that God of War. It makes sense that all that exists NOW is because it was inspired by THEN, and all that exists LATER is inspired by NOW.
>>
>>19505181
>We'd never have thought about a Portal Gun if it weren't from Portal.
Youngfag, please.
>>
>>19505186
Youngfag/Oldfag does not refer to Age, it refers to date you came in to Chan.

What I meant was we'd have not created a Portal Gun that LOOKED like a Portal Gun if it weren't for the game. We'd probably make it look like something else, yeah, but the game made it look sleek, while prioritizing function over form.

In other words, it'd look like silly shit if we didn't have a visual concept of the idea to emulate realistically.
>>
>>19505062
>femanon
Nobody cares if you are female or male , also
>tits or gtfo
>>
>>19505282
>This so much
Being female is a handicap
>>
>>19503505
Its all in your head, everything.
>>
>>19505062
why does it matter if you're female
>>
>>19503505
yes

Ive read books on how zero and infinity are the same.
>>
>>19503505
Reminds me of Roko's Basilisk. Look it up it's a fun little thing to think about.
>>
>>19505181
Yess, you got it man. If Aug Tellez tellez the truth, this IS how it works
>>
>>19505062
tits or gtfo
>>
File: 1499227203739.jpg (68KB, 884x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499227203739.jpg
68KB, 884x800px
>>19505196
>The developers would never have thought of a portal gun to put in their game Portal were it not for the existence of the game Portal!
>>
>>19505196
Is this really good bait?
Because I feel like this post made me somehow lose intelligence. Is that possible?
What I'm trying to say is that this is one of the stupidest things I've seen. You lack a very basic grasp of paradoxes and you can't be older than 14.
>>
>>19503505
In the infinite spectrum of reality, what you choose to focus on becomes your reality.
>>
>>19505181
>We'd never have thought about a Portal Gun if it weren't from Portal.
Portal isn't mythology, you insufferable loser. It's from 2007. It was thought up by ordinary people. Clearly you should wait a while before posting again. And try writing something creative, since apparently you think it's a speshul godlike skill!
>>
>>19503505
Who knows!
>>
Saratoga isn't real.
>>
>>19503505
I'll explain Realyti to you: [spoiler]

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding × guilt × shame × failure × judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1502498175912.jpg (453KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1502498175912.jpg
453KB, 1600x1200px
>>19503505
Reality it's a paradox, things shouldn't be like they are, but they are.

The issue here, if it is your reasoning who's shortsighted or it's reality what's distorted.

The answer could be both, there's plenty of examples of this, greeks believed that heavier objects fell faster, and by discovering why they don't, we developed an entire new understanding of the universe.
>>
>>19503505
>reality being an illusion

Look closely at this phrase.

"illusion" requires something that can experience and think, which implies a reality in which that something can exist. The phrase is meaningless.
>>
This is a good train of thought to explore. At the heart of everything is an paradox. Everything comes from nothing. Yet nothing is inside everything.

Consider your self. A walking paradox.

Our interactions with others are a reflection of ourselves. We come to know other people because we know ourselves. Yet we can best come to know ourselves through our interactions with other people. Our common humanity means I can reason out what you might say or do, because I know I myself am capable of such.

>basically, I know who you are because I know who I am. I know who I am because I know who you are.

We are alive because our cells are constantly dying and in a state of decay such that new cells may carry on.

Do you understand how the brain works with your senses? Every external stimuli gets processed internally through the brain. What you see isn't actually what IS, but your brain's recreation of what it senses. So then everything occurring external to you is really occurring internally. Yet it only occurs internally because it is occurring outside of your self.

Reality is both inside, and outside of oneself.
We look for answers where there are none. Because we seek to understand the incomprehensible. Humanity has always done this since the beginning. Through metaphors and allegories, and parables. Symbols to decipher the indecipherable.

Kierkegaard said it best
>But one must not think ill of the paradox, for the paradox is the passion of thought, and the thinker without the paradox is like the lover without passion: a mediocre fellow. But the ultimate potentiation of every passion is always to will its own downfall, and so it is also the ultimate passion of the understanding to will the collision, although in one way or another the collision must become its downfall. This, then, is the ultimate paradox of thought: to want to discover something that thought itself cannot think
>>
>>19503505
Yep. Gig's up. We made the universe as a playground and are immersed in temporary lack of memory so that we can enjoy it. Like, how a game creator wishes he could find his easter eggs. Like, how a DM wishes he could play for once. There's so much more to it, but, we are forbidden to tell all. Love your homies. - The remnant.
>>
>>19503741

no.

just a digital copy of it no the actuality
it IS imposible to go back the now is the NOW right now-now. u cant go back u can simply step aside from the perception of people focusing towards this NOW NOW moment
its complex to project
>>
The Universe was created by a Causal Paradox.
>>19508005
This is just the anti-life equation of Darkseid
>>
>>19509424
no, nothing is it's own something.
everything is one thing and nothing is another thing; although I'm using "thing" to relate to nothing, mind you that's simply because of a lack of suitable words.

nothing is not anywhere, does not come from anywhere, can't be measured nor adequately described. It can't be adjectivated nor qualified -- nothing isn't white, nor big, neither small. Nothing does'nt cointain anything, doesn't hold anything nor is held inside any other thing. You can't even say that it's outside of everything, well, because it just isn't. If can come with words for it, then your premisse already failed. Nothing is just nothing and nothing else.
>>
>>19503505
Where did you get pic related? Love that time period and that's a really nice pic
>>
>>19503550
I believe God WAS and still kind of Is the universe, in such a different dimension that we can't understand and he then created himself in a dimension we can recognize, and then later of course recreating himself AGAIN into Jesus Christ. I don't believe in the almighty God that deserves worship. I believe in a being that's massively powerful. I believe the universe is a being, a living one.
>>
>>19511006
He created himself into a recognizable dimension to create the universe that WE live in because he understands that's where in himself he can harbor physical matter.
>>
>>19503505
OP have you read this? http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
>>
>>19511032
That was a fantastic representation
>>
File: octo.png (5KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
octo.png
5KB, 512x512px
Everything in reality is a coincidence.
Coincidentally, this means nothing in reality is a coincidence.

0 and ∞ are a paradox.
Consciousness exists within the middle ground where we understand the things we can, and try to grasp the things we cannot.

It makes no goddamn sense because there is no sense to be made. No point in worrying about it.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel%27s_incompleteness_theorems

Systems only work if they are incomplete. Completeness includes incompleteness.

“Either mathematics is too big for the human mind or the human mind is more than a machine.”
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.