[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you meditate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 19

File: download (1).jpg (18KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
18KB, 199x253px
Refer to title.
I'm finally in my own apartment, and now I want to start getting into meditation. My reasons for meditation are the alleviation of depression, anxiety, and for calm and centeredness.

I know there are many different types of meditation, but I can't seem to find a comprehensive guide that tells you how exactly to do any of them.

Is it clearing your mind, or is it just sitting there ignoring it?
>>
File: 1497282595878.jpg (1MB, 1670x1759px) Image search: [Google]
1497282595878.jpg
1MB, 1670x1759px
read a goddamn book
>>
It's a practice. I'm not very good at it, probably a solid 4 and 11 being Buddha, Jesus.

You have to "watch" your thoughts pass your carnal mind. Focus on your breathing. Focus on dragging the kundalini snake up and down the 7 chakras. If you do it long enough, you'll switch from a fear response to an endorphin response.

You're not going to very good at it at first, it's going to take time. It doesn't get any easier. The goal is transcending this dimensional consciousness and removal of the ego "past, future thoughts of self or events". The ego cannot exist in the present.

Enlightenment is the most difficult thing for a human to achieve. There are about 12 people in a generation who are enlightened and you will never hear of them.

It's also much more powerful to meditate while you fast. It's much more powerful if you have a relationship with the spiritual God. You will start to be able to understand the Holy Spirit's thoughts and you will start to be able to selectively remove your demons thoughts. The goal is purification.

Good luck.
>>
>how do I meditate
Is meditation paranormal?
It certainly isn't normal in western society...
If you want to meditate do what tyler says
just close your eyes and walk away from the computer lol
>>
This helped me a little. The whole site is great.

https://puredhamma.net/bhavana-meditation/myths-about-meditation/
>>
File: just_got_worse.gif (2MB, 288x377px) Image search: [Google]
just_got_worse.gif
2MB, 288x377px
Meditation is about many things.

But, at first just getting started, its about thinking about literally nothing.

A lot of people will say you have to do this or this, but Buddah himself broke it down pretty simply with the monkey mind explanation.

People who feel "disassociated" with their lives often don't live in the moment. The thing is, the present moment is the only one that will ever be. The future will never come. The past never really happened. There is only ever one moment you experience at one time.

However, people often try to look ahead in the future constantly or live in the past often suffer from many physical ailments like depression or anxiety. This is why suicide is so popular in developed countries. They never live in the moment.

In order to meditate properly at first, just think of fucking nothing. Sounds easy right? Fuck no. Shit is hard as fuck. Most people can't go 20 seconds without having some remote thought in their head pass through. "Oh, I have to do this. Oh, this itches. I wonder what she thought of me?". This is really, really fucking bad for you.

The state is called gnosis. It's the state of just being a feeling receptor. If you can't get that down then there is no point in trying all this other bullshit like chakras and whatnot. If you don't know how to focus on your chakras and spirit then there is no point on trying to work on them.

[cont...]
>>
>>19500725

[cont]

Just by training yourself everyday for about 20 minutes, thinking of absolutely nothing (or, more realistically, just accept your passing thoughts and let them go). This is really difficult but it has amazing benefits just after two weeks (CT Scan studies and whatnot).

By living in the moment, you will learn to be happy instead of always thinking "Oh, ill just be happy if i get this done". Like I said, the future never fucking comes and the only moment is now.

Afterwords you can start working on your spirit. Meditation by itself is 100% backed by science to have some major positive benefits in your life. You are basically training yourself how to concentrate and live in the moment.

[cont...]
>>
>>19500730

[cont]

After you get that down, you have to work on clearing up a lot of the gunk in your system. Again, this falls more into the scientific category and still not into the new age category, although there are some occult translations of this theory.

The next step is to begin to "let go". This is the hard part. You dont have to go full buddah and forsake your family and job at this point, but it falls along that path.

Often what people do when you face an uncomfortable emotion is they just repress it. In Hinduism it's thought that its actually literally being oppressed inside your energy stream like plaque on your arteries.

Think of yourself riding passenger in a car driving through a thick forest. Trees will pass through you like nothing, and you will appreciate them the moment that you see them, but as soon as they are gone they are gone, never to be thought about again. But then you see something like a car accident, and it doesnt flow away like the trees. It stays inside you.

[cont...]
>>
>>19500737

[cont]

Of course i'm not talking about literal car accidents (although for some people this may be the case). Bullies and breakups are the two biggest depositors of scars in your soul. Most of the time when people are bullied, then just feel stupid they allowed themselves to get in that situation and repress their emotions about the situation. Then, 30 years later, someone jokes with them and they fly off the handle because those emotions come up.

Thats why people listen to sad songs when they are sad. They are embracing the emotion so that it can leave their body. Like Freud said, emotions that are buried do not die. They just come up in uglier ways. And what is being angry going to do about it? Thats like swallowing poison and expecting your enemy to die.

Everyone and all things are interconnected. As you read this, I am literally inside your consciousness because you are processing my thoughts. If someone has too much negativity in their consciousness (which you will leave through meditation that actual events and thoughts are pretty much the exact same thing to your consciousness)

[cont...]
>>
>>19499353
smoke weed, it turns you into a Hindu and forces you to meditate.
>>
>>19500746

[cont]

So finally... how do you let go?

You forgive.

It's hard as shit. It really is. I was bullied really, really fucking bad and it was taking a toll on me throughout my life, but when I finally learned to let go in my 20s I finally was able to forgive them and be compassionate towards them. I was finally better.

And you will notice that as you begin to clear our your scars, more and more will come up. It's like knocking pieces of calcium off a pipe. Slowly, and then all at once. All your negative emotions you forgot about in your life will start to come up. You will accept the emotion, experience it, and let it go.

It may seem like I typed a lot, but this is a very beginner introduction. Once you get all this down, many, many doors will open to you and you will as a whole feel like a more complete and happy person.
>>
>>19500754
so that's why I became hindu
>>
>>19500725

this guy here

>>19500763
>>19500754

This is true but you really have to be careful. If you are prone to living in your mind and have depression or anxiety because you dont live in the present, this will fuck you over hard and dissasociate you even more. make SURE you get living in the present down before you try meditating with marijuana
>>
>>19500755
>Knocking calcium off a pipe.
All things on diy come full circle
>>
>>19499382
Fuck you
>>
there are many types of meditation. im too lazy to list and explain them
>>
>>19500755
Not OP but thanks for this. I find myself trying to focus on a distant noise. Or in the shower I close my eyes and try to go blank listening to the water hit my skull. I'm also wondering if cannabis will enhance or dull my meditation.
>>
>>19499382
What's a good book on left hand path meditation?
>>
>>19500793

No, there isn't. There is one type of meditation.
>>
>>19500799

If you want to try something even simpler than thinking of nothing, try just focusing on all sensations. Like, stay still, but feel pressure, slight noises, thoughts. This will help you understand your consciousness.

This is a great video explaining it. Again, this is very very very beginner but it will help if you're having difficulty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vao9HN_FqOE&t
>>
well, x brought back my faith in humanity.
Glad to see that there are guys using their brain in here
>>
File: aquarius.jpg (1MB, 3281x2187px) Image search: [Google]
aquarius.jpg
1MB, 3281x2187px
Meditation/ nervous system / nervous system / Brains
A.I./ All knowledge to fight with depression is the way for understand human mind

it may begin for curse depress
but it's end goal lead to something bigger than that ..... the age of wisdom
>>
>>19500814
Thanks. I just spent the last 22 in the zone ingesting this brain food. I felt good. I'll look at Sam Harris more and see about any books and things. I really enjoy his perspective. Makes me think whoever taught him is just as amazing. Sometimes I feel I could benefit with someone like that to learn from irl
>>
>>19500876

The reason why I like to show people Sam Harris is because he is a devout anti-religious atheist. The problem with most people who want to get into alternative spirituality are hardcore atheists / skeptics / want to see the science.

Anyways, good luck. Oh, also if you are looking for a book pick up the unrelenting soul. I've read probably 20/30+ on consciousness and it was the best hands down.
>>
>>19500814
also, when he goes on about living for the next objective. The "if only i could ge this ill have that and things will be happy for me"...this epitomized the last 2.5 years or so of my life. I have been in grad school studies, devoting every minute, every shred of brainpower, tunneled and ignored everything outside my studies. Then when i received my Masters degree. nothing changes. no revealing light. no benefits of the struggle to attain to what i thought would make me happy. Ive spent a brief moment in stupor until something bigger than me called to make my mind quiet. i felt like if i can achieve quietness, home grounding, true piece of mind, then i'll be happy. i think thats a good target versus focusing on things.
i need to learn more about everything I've been shutting out. I love this stuff.
>>
>>19499353
what tha hell with the buda of the image is fucking genial
>>
>>19500892
>the unrelenting soul
By who? Google turns up nothing.
>>
File: KlUsIeH.jpg (135KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
KlUsIeH.jpg
135KB, 1200x799px
>>19500725
>>19500730
>>19500737
>>19500746
>>19500755

thank you for writing this
>>
File: 51v4aJHybRL._SL300_.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
51v4aJHybRL._SL300_.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>19500920
>>19500892

Sorry, I totally got the title wrong.

The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
Written by: Michael A. Singer
>>
>>19500800
Do psychedelics which is the heart of LHP.
>>
>>19500814

Thanks for sharing this anon, I think that everything that I though has come together to the understanding of the here and now...

There's a world beyond this ideas, I will walk the path. Thanks man.
>>
>>19500853
nice pic
saved
>>
>>19499353
Hey guys, OP here again.
Thank you all for your advice.
I have some questions though:
>1: Does masturbation harm you? Not really related to meditation but personal growth
>2: Is Lotus style the best way to sit?
>3: Of all the meditation methods, why is mindfulness the leader?
>>
>>19501085
>1: Does masturbation harm you? Not really related to meditation but personal growth
Depends. It is observed in nature in other primates, but there is damage if you are excessive with it. If you can control yourself however, it is much better.
>2: Is Lotus style the best way to sit?
After you study yoga for awhile it is good. Most basic meditation can be just laying in a regular chair. Only when you REALLY want to focus your energy centers is posture important.
>3: Of all the meditation methods, why is mindfulness the leader?
Because tapping into real consciousness means observing what is inside you at this very moment. If you are distracted, you can never really look at yourself.
>>
File: Hsuan_Hua_Hong_Kong_1.jpg (191KB, 476x640px) Image search: [Google]
Hsuan_Hua_Hong_Kong_1.jpg
191KB, 476x640px
>>19501085
>Does masturbation harm you?
Honestly not sure. Every time you ejaculate you release a large amount of chi that was supposed to be used to give a baby life, but you just threw it aside like a bucket of piss. I don't recommend it. However I've also heard that the chi inside of you can get stagnant if you absolutely never masturbate since it isn't being replaced. Whatever stagnant means. Supposedly as you get older you should lessen the frequency of masturbation but not stop entirely. Do what you want but I feel like its safer to lean towards abstaining from it entirely. Women weaken legs, and all that.

>Is Lotus style the best way to sit?
It naturally keeps energy from flowing out of your feet, if you want to keep it all in without the lotus position you have to actually put effort into not letting it out. There are supposedly other sitting methods that accomplish this as well. I hear seiza is good, if you can figure out how to sit in it without tearing your feet up. Lotus requires good flexibility, you can find youtube videos and such on how to build the flexibility. General rule for crossing limbs is right over left. In Lotus that would mean placing the right foot over the left leg, in seiza your right big toe rests over the left big toe.
>>
>>19501131
So if that chi thing is correct, what if I were to consume my own semen? Would that chi just go back into my body that way? Or?
>>
Theres all kinds of ways to meditate i really dont c its possible not to meditate but awareness is key. The sensations r what u should look for. Single point meditation like a ticklish feeling (i dont like when my face tickles though can be very annoying and wake u up in middle of night) try to be aware of yourself more basically your thoughts and feelings. U can do meditation where u practice clearing your mind (mental discipline) but like i said thats just one way to meditate. Meditation can be extraordinarily difficult though. Bad energy can keep you from it etc it gets very complicated. Try to feel the back of your neck or ears some place on your body u dont normally think about. You should start to feel a pressure the longer u do it the stronger the pressure becomes until it starts having sensation like tickling or getting the chills. It feels like having chills all over your body when you get going really good among other things. Also if you meditate a lot u will start having crazy dreams and lucid dreams flying dreams all kinds of dreams. Theres lots of info on internet but be cautious about what u read as a lot of it is actually malicious but jhana is basically what im talking about. Its difficult to describe u have to experience it. Hope that helps
>>
>>19500755
Thats cool man good advice. I used to always try to stick up for people who got bullied in school or otherwise. People tried to bully me as well for that but they didnt really succeed. I went from being one of the most popular to being hated. Most people are not really people in my mind (as you say "normies"?) Shallow etc.. thats all demon energy like u say ya. You start to recognize that not all of the thoughts feelings dreams etc are actually from you like outside interference or static that your mind picks up. When you get really good at it you start to be able to hear other peoples thoughts as well (which i dont really reccommend!) Or just get vibes like you can point to a person and just feel them out to see if they mean harm or not etc... u just keep getting more and more aware gaining knowledge & it tends to get easier but its all very difficult. By far the hardest thing ive done & i have done some very difficult things. I wouldnt necessarily reccommend fasting though. I think it can be good for discipline but its good to eat healthy and be healthy.
>>
File: 468px-Babaji.jpg (70KB, 468x599px) Image search: [Google]
468px-Babaji.jpg
70KB, 468x599px
>>19501131
you sure about that "right over left" part?
i usually do it the other way round
>>
>>19500800
If you are starting on a directional path you are missing the point.
>>
>>19501131
Lotus position is simply the eastern method, the western esoteric method is laying flat on your back in a funeral position with your hands crossed over your sternum and your feet touching. This allows the energy to flow from the feet and out through the top chakras and back through your feet like an ankh/torus field which resembles our electromagnetic field.

Lotus is not necessarily best, it is merely one method.
>>
>>19502441
Chi is energetic, not physical, it's the release/explosion that generates the chi force.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (10KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
10KB, 194x260px
I started meditating when i was about 18 but i didnt really understand what i was doing and i was pretty reckless in a sense about it and had a lot of weird experiences. I tried to talk to people about it and they all just basically kept telling me it wasnt real and stuff. Well i stopped and then when i was about 25 i started again after going through some serious issues and was praying a lot started hearing very loud voices (i was diagnosed with mental illness after this) all kinds of crazy spiritual warfare stuff. The loud evil voice was cussing God like nonstop all the worst kinds of cussing it was so frightening and another voice i heard told me its name was mara (i later found out about mara in buddhism also dharma is like what we call god in buddhism but many dont seem to understand this) anyways ya all that and way more crazy things i couldnt possibly type all of it. U just have to learn about urself i guess is how you say it. Explore and understand your thoughts and feelings and arrange them accordingly and reject and fight the bad ones. The tingly feelings are prana or chi energy and theres all different types. The chakras are like engines that you feed with this energy. Demons etc will try really really hard to convince you it isnt real but keep trying and fighting them and you will eventually win. I would say the heart chakra is probably the strongest (at least for me) ive had before where my heart actually was feeling like it was going to leap out of my chest once and like destroy everything or something which also scared the crap out of me and i made it stop all kinds of stuff. There r chakras all over ur body or spirit or whatever it is though (how ur body and spirit are connected somehow. Like ur aura) but the main ones or big ones are the ones most ppl think of sahasrara crown anahatta heart etc
>>
>>19502598
I agree its good to be comfortable when u meditate. Lotus is more for advanced i think tremendous becuz it hurts so much. Idk if i really understand it. They said the buddha always did that. I would meditate on my back a lot. The longest i ever meditated (on back) was about 17 hours just stopped a couple times to use bathroom etc.. that day also scared me as it felt like lightning was about to come out my fingers and all kinds of little lights and shadows were flying around looked like they were fighting and some other strange ones that were more yellowish got in my body or whatever you call it and did some weird shit somehow and then i got really sick somehow. Well i went to church freaking out and everyone was acting really evil and demonic except this one lady so i talked to her and all the ppl i got bad vibes from did not like us talking at all and they kept talking about the lord of hosts ever since then im pretty sure the lord of hosts is satan or mara or one of the demons becuz hosts is like to posess. Also apparent u can posess with third eye. Oh man the shit is crazy. I kinda just ignore i dont even get scared anymore. Really it all seems dumb but i know its real and stuff
>>
Soham meditation. In the beginning it's easiest to use an object of meditation and this has you repeating a mantra and focusing on the breath or other parts of the body. Soham is equivalent with OM which makes this a powerful practice when done regularly.

http://www.swamij.com/soham-mantra.htm
>>
File: compassion.jpg (3MB, 1241x2000px) Image search: [Google]
compassion.jpg
3MB, 1241x2000px
>>19499353
Begin in the lotus or half lotus seated position.
10 deep breaths, slowly inhaled through the nose and then slowly exhaled through the mouth.
Let go and surrender to the present moment.
Let go and surrender to the darkness of your blank mind.
Imagine the air your breathe in as a golden, flowing life force, given to your straight by the universe itself. Let this energy permeate through you, visualizing your body in golden healing energies.
As you exhale, let the breathe take all the pain, sadness, suffering, depression, etc. away. Imagine it all leave your body like a black cloud of smoke.
This is a basic mediation. Continue it for however long you need it, and return to it when necessary.
Don't have a reason for meditation, as this will limit the potential it can show you, both of yourself and of the nature of reality.
You are not clearing the mind; you are recognizing you have no mind, for you are nothing but the Buddha who forget his Buddha nature.
How can one ignore what one is? Ignorance and wisdom are cleared in the void of blank space.
Do not attach meaning to these words, for they are fleeting moments of interaction. Instead, look within. Let your own Buddha Nature guide you back towards true self-realization.
Follow your intuitions. Find your own path.
>>
>>19499353
It's quite simple the way to achieve happiness is to not look for it
>>
>>19502702
You were supposed to cut your fear off. Laugh in maras face next time. I was offered sex, shown fear, and offered power. Fear leads you away from uniting into the source. Ask yourself... what's the point of fear? I mean what are we really doing down here. We are getting in touch with source and nothing externally can take you from that if you don't let it.
>>
You can't achieve inwardly peace and never be unhappy unless you give up everything else
>>
>>19502742
Fear can't be cut only acknowledged
>>
>>19502441
I dont rly understand that but apparently no. Women do get energy from a mans cum though, or at least they do from mine but i dont think men do as far as i know. I think it might be a yin yang thing not sure. I had a gf i licked her clit for like half an hour once (i used to wake up to her giving me a bj ) but its good not to masterbate for some reason when u masterbate you lose a lot of energy (but sometimes i think it might be ok. Idk) ive been able to train myself enough to avoid and not think about sex but succubi have apparently been after me in my dreams a lot when i do that. They want u to cum lol
>>
>>19502753
>energy
And she fucking was squirtin in my mouth and i didnt feel anything besides this is fuckin nasty but im glad having a good time lmao
>>
>>19502753
>>19502441
With actual sex the energy is exchanged. You don't lose. When you wack it, you spill your energy into nothing. Good or bad idk but that's real.
>>
>>19502742
I was offered the world by god and i turned it down but mara never offered me anything really. I think we might be a little different thnx 4 share though
>>
>>19500725
>>19500730
>>19500737
>>19500746
>>19500755

Great explanation. Thank you, anon.
>>
File: 1501686949670.png (339KB, 2000x2368px) Image search: [Google]
1501686949670.png
339KB, 2000x2368px
>>19502652
your post made me think of pic related
look at tier 5
>>
>>19502702
No, the Lotus position is not more advanced, it is merely one method.

The Lotus position stems from the Indian Vedic culture, obsessed with tantricism, thus it represents the phallic symbol of man, a penis.

It is sexualized.
>>
>>19502771
then why is abstinence a requirement in most religions?
just because sex is another desire that one needs to let go?
i find that hard to believe

but i agree that sex exchanges energy and is- at least in terms of chi - (a lot?) better than masturbation

maybe the woman gets more from you than you get from her, but it is not lost?
>>
>>19503081
lust
>>
>>19503081
>religion
Who tf knows. Nobody is bringing up religion except you. I just don't know. Religion is all about control so maybe that has something to do with it.

>woman gets more
Maybe, but that's why optimum energy exchange occurs equally and fuller with someone you actually care about. More the reason not to go just throwin your dick around. The emotion is the lube of energy exchange you know. Without the power of emotion, the back and forth can be more rusty, grinding, spark inducing and jagged.

But I don't think you can measure in a way. Sometimes the overarching concept is enough for you to burrow down deeper in your own path of meaning my man.nothings exact.
>>
>>19499353
I've studied Buddhism for over a decade and learned from many great teachers but the book "Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life" has some of the clearest explanations of how and why to meditate. It's about Acceptance and Commitment Therapy which has been very good for my anxiety. The book The Happiness Trap covers the same material in a style that some find easier to read.
>>
>>19502583
Right over left is the positive/sto/rhp thing. Not even sure why it's done, probably just symbolism. Notice in the pictures that both of us posted they have their right hands over their left.
>>
>>19499382

Also it helps to just download an mp3 or have a youtube video of a real Zen or Tibetan monk. (No white people)

Its how I got started, but make sure they are legit and not some new age person just trying to make ad money.
>>
>>19500763
jesus
>>
>>19499353
I just sleep
>>
>>19503081
Like >>19503129 said, lust needs to be overcome. For most sex is merely a distraction from doing things that actually matter. There is absolutely nothing wrong with sex so long as it's done correctly. Chances are you would be pretty shocked at how strict the limitations are in doing it correctly. To quote the holy bible "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat". This is true for sex the same as anything else. There is one correct way to do it and billions of ways to fuck up everything. Lust will lead you straight into the wide road, and the further in you go the harder it will be to turn back. If the wide road is what you want then that's fine, if not you've probably already engaged in some significant fuckups.
>>
File: holy spirit.jpg (300KB, 800x854px) Image search: [Google]
holy spirit.jpg
300KB, 800x854px
>>19501131
My chi gets stagnant after 3 days nofap. Once went for 90 days, trying for 100 but at 3 months Im like this is scientifically retarded lmao. So I just bust all the time while still having my chi high as fuck so when I miss a day of busting shit gets real! Stagnant means instead of you flowing chi you aren't paying attention to it and get muscle spasms and shit its fucking annoying as all fuck!!! I notice if I don't jerk it every 3 days its like my dick gets like 7/10 hardness where if I work it out every at least 3 days shits diamonds 10/10.

NIGGA I GOT CHI FOR DAYS!!!
>>
File: Cannabis7.jpg (82KB, 564x709px) Image search: [Google]
Cannabis7.jpg
82KB, 564x709px
>>19500772
Yeah cannabis is a dissociative and a psychedelic.

feels good man
>>
File: 1502559326059.jpg (687KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1502559326059.jpg
687KB, 1280x1280px
>>19504810
Not him however, weed makes me feel dumb and lazy. The emotions and feelings i get also dont feel genuine to me. However acid really shows me the true beauty in life, and makes me appreciate sobriety so much. Weed to me is a waste of time, more of a trap especially young people get into.
>>
>>19504737
Problem is your energy is dominated by sexual forces, so you have no internal clarity or control. You need a clear mind free from distraction if you want to access the subtle realms.
>>
>>19504950
It calms me down to where I can sit and focus and read. Acid is fun but weed is way better.
>>
>>19504810
Weed is good but I can't talk to people for shit while I'm on it. Not very good at hiding when I'm high unfortunately. It's okay otherwise. Music sounds better and I see things from a different point of view, i.e, the way they are instead of from a delusional mindset
>>
https://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/spiritual-practice/steps-of-spiritual-practice/spiritual-journey/
>>
>>19504950
Weed is extremely weird for me. Every color I see appears more saturated, waves of energy seem to flow over me and root me in place. If I sit down while I'm high it's extremely difficult to stand up again. I find myself not wanting to speak to anyone. Once I tried smoking tobacco and weed at the same time and a steady rhythm of static came to my ears, growing stronger with each return. Eventually I completely lost control of my muscles and fell onto the ground. Afterwards the static stopped and I drank a ton of water and thoroughly enjoyed it. Another time I tried watching a movie and it was an extremely strange experience. I couldn't make out the words and everyone seemed to be talking in the exact same rhythm for the exact same amount of time for each line. It's fun to say the least. Is the movie thing what people mean by disassociation?
>>
https://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/spiritual-practice/steps-of-spiritual-practice/chanting/which-name-of-God-to-chant
>>
https://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/spiritual-practice/steps-of-spiritual-practice/chanting/chanting-japa-meditation
>>
Does anyone know any super powerful meditations? I only know vipassna.
>>
>>19505021
>>19505026
>how to worship the black god with instructions from vladimir, dragana and other blakc acolytes.
>>
File: 1503903808975.jpg (89KB, 640x544px) Image search: [Google]
1503903808975.jpg
89KB, 640x544px
>>19505003
Yeah thats what it is like to disassociate
Kinda odd a couple days ago i smoked some sour diesel in san Francisco and had an acid flashback at the same time. Felt like i was in a alien world which was very fun, but not psychedelic, as it didnt reveal much to me i guess. Tfw hills looked like waves of water all ripples etc
>>19504985
Its the other way for me. Weed is nice socially but acid really has made me love life so much more. It's been life changing for me, unlike weed which made me more depressed than i already was plus again feelings are not genuine to me.
>>
Why are you all being Hindus and Buddhists, don't you read the Bible these days? Are you going to convert or what? Jesus gave his life for you and you are going for pagan and animistic religions who just haven't invented toilet yet. I just don't know how his naked barbarian shit spread in the world when you can achieve salvation just by having faith in the son of the God and the holy Trinity. What happened to the western world I loved? Why meditate, why can't you pray? Wake up and recognize these tricks of Jews and hindus.
>>
>>19505076
I believe that we are approaching an age where we finally realize we don't need religion. I have nothing against people believing what they want however it shouldn't be something with such high importance as it is in places
>>
>>19505076
You are a deluded, braindead cuck. Funny you say wake up the the tricks of Jews yet you're the one who are a mindless drone for them.
>>
>>19505076
>Why are you all being Hindus and Buddhists

Because we know better than being christian.

I myself am kind of spiritual and gnostic about it.

Basically I believe there's a dark god who masquerades behind the religions of earth and that has trapped us here in this world akin to the matrix movies. There's a heaven and a hell.

I meditate as a spiritual practice.

Btw, got possesed the moment I was baptized, definitely dark god tier.
>>
>>19500907

Damn man, thats actually very good advice
>>
>first you want to find somewhere quiet and relaxing and free of distraction.
>second assume a position where you can both relax and maintain good posture.
>now close your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
>now exhale everything in your lungs, then inhale as much as you can.
>now focusing on only your breath taking deep and slow breaths, doesn't have to be everything in your lungs.im sure you can google breathing techniques (don't ignore your mind, just let your thoughts pass judged)

eventually you wont need to focus on your breath to clear your mind, but don't expect it to be weeks or months. it was many years till i keep my mind clear. though i was only meditating a couple of times a week to start
>>
>>19500782
fuck you back ;)
>>
>>19505076
Why force others to conform to your beliefs?
Why not live and let live?
Both traditions seek the betterment of humanity.
>>
>>19505089
Yeah, can you tell me how being christian is being a Jewish drone, when the Jews crucified Jesus. You baby bloomers and millennials are simply forgetting the fruits you are tasting were grown by centuries of christian faith. Can't you see, if those pagan religions are so great then why India is so filthy and can't even poo in loo while all western countries are prosperous and happy. Look at the muslim ones- where they accept Jesus as prophet, they are better off than hindus. Look at china, japan many working and influential there are christians and their FAITH is better than you hopeless people.
When you refuse Jesus you are going on the same path as the hippies in 70s. Where are they now?
>>
>>19505133
Dude stop talking like you are guaranteed right. You fell for first council of nicaea crap. You call others pagan and yet you behave like one yourself. The likes of buddhism, and taoism have more in common with christianity than the catholic-spun garbage that you've fallen for. You tell others to read the bible but you're the one that needs to read it instead of wasting your time in corrupted churches.
>>
>>19505153
This propaganda shit normally happens in African and Asian churches. Apparently the clergy does some work other than fucking children.
Those potheads distributed Bibles to the quake victims in nepal instead of food and clothing.
>>
>>19505153
I read the Bible, have some from it,

John 4:15
If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God.

Mathew 6:31-34
So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
>>
>>19499393
What's it like to be enlightened?
>>
>>19505204
For who?
>>
>>19499353
I just simply lay in my back and close my eyes. I try not to think about anything, but don't fight the intrusive thoughts that pop in my head. I just let them come and go as they please.

I personally meditate whatever way that makes me feel at ease. Doesn't matter if it's a certain technique or not. All these people will tell you so many different complex methods. Just do you. It's that simple.
>>
>>19505089
Oh shit! Called it! lmao
>>
>>19505209
just in general. Is enlightenment just complete inner peace?
>>
>>19499411
Prayer and Meditation are the same fucking thing.
>>
>>19505232

it means you wake up and go to sleep happy every day until your dying day.
>>
>>19505200
Yeah you read it, and you didn't understand an ounce of it because you were too busy listening to your priest tell you what to believe it means. If you honestly believe that all it takes to get to heaven is a bit of faith you aren't going to get anywhere.
>Mathew 6:31-34
Tell me, can you survive without work? Without the government or your parents taking care of you? The comforts of modern technology? Have you ever tried it? I have. Those were the words that led me to serve god in the first place. For many months I walked down roads and highways. Very rarely did I ask anything of other humans. After a while, I asked of no one but god himself. People came to me. I was more than ready to die, but after reading those words I wanted proof of them. Proof could not be given to me though, I had to earn it. With great faith I set out, confident that I would survive without needing to work or to harm others. If those words proved to be false I was fine with it, I would rather die than live in a materialistic reality. I would sooner starve to death than giving up on my ideals. This is what it means to be christian to me. It means making an effort. Following your desires as if your life was on the line. "No one comes to the father except through me." How do you reach Christ in the first place? With simple faith? Faith is not enough, action is required. Meditation is the only way you will reach him, you will understand in time. If not you are doomed. Read the words of this man carefully. >>19502742
"Fear leads you away from uniting into the source."
Uniting into the source, the father, god, great, whatever name you want to refer to him as, that is the purpose of christianity. As you are now, the only way to move toward this is to tame your physical body. You must become more like God. Christ has only extended his hand. You must reach out and grab it. In this world you get exactly what you want, and desire is proven by action.
>>
anyone know of rapid drumming or beat meditation? I don't exactly know what it is but remember my science teacher talking about it and describing it as a harder state of mediation. Wish I listened to him more.
>>
File: gnosis.jpg (12KB, 180x158px) Image search: [Google]
gnosis.jpg
12KB, 180x158px
>>19505232
FUCK NO!!!!!! LMAO

People all have different definitions of enlightenment. Theres different stages. Turyatita is the highest enlightenment according to the non dual Tantras of Kashmir Shaivism. An attribute of it is the experience of ineffable bliss constantly even during sleep, dream and after you die. Hindus sometimes just call it Turya. Turyatita is the 7th stage of Turya.

Example Laughing Buddha depiction is of someone in the 1st or 2nd stage of Turya. Its said its more sacred to be able to go into the 2nd stage at will than be able to to go into the 5th stage of Turya.
>>
>>19500725
>The thing is, the present moment is the only one that will ever be. The future will never come. The past never really happened. There is only ever one moment you experience at one time.
sweet little sentence, thanks for sharing! Fun thing about this kind of "wisdom" is that when you read it you think "I KNEW THAT BEFORE BRO!!!" you just diddn't had it present/concious....leads me to belive we know everything, we just don't know how to "acess" or release it
>>
>>19505275
And that all achieved by clearing your conscience and living in the moment?
>>
File: kundalini.jpg (12KB, 199x273px) Image search: [Google]
kundalini.jpg
12KB, 199x273px
>>19505275
I have to correct myself. Turyatita is the highest enlightenment a human can experience. When they die they go from experiencing cit (consciousness) kundalini to para (highest) kundalini which is a universal version of enlightenment that only the disembodied can experience who die while in the highest state of Turya. There is also prana (energy) kundalini associated with the first stage of Turya. I feel I should describe kundalini but Im no authority on it; you should look into Kashmir Shaivism if you want to read shit so deep even I can't explain it. lol
>>
File: Aghora2.gif (599KB, 1150x832px) Image search: [Google]
Aghora2.gif
599KB, 1150x832px
>>19505292
Basically you experience so strongly the experience is one of bliss. You can literally experience bliss instead of pain if you focus strong enough on the pain. I don't recommend this just saying things possible after 15 years of meditation. Meditation is like lifting it takes along time to really get anywhere and theres plateaus.
>>
>>19499353
Dont know if this counts but i just stop whatever im doing and do a checklist in my head that usually includes stuff like "how drunk am i", "did i do anything to offend anyone", or "how fucked am i eith my bills", and even if its all a disaster it just calms me right down to be grounded and know where i stand
>>
>>19505325
Not him, I use to have some pretty serious nerve pain. I couldn't do anything when it flared up. I couldn't eat, I couldn't play videogames, I couldn't even sleep. The pain was so bad that I wanted to tear my own teeth out. One time I layed down to try and sleep during it and I couldn't think at all. I just focused on the pain for a long time and eventually it became bliss and eventually it went away. It's been a long time since I've felt it at all. I had barely meditated at all up to that point.
>>
One time I had these vibrations in my chest and it felt so good what was that?
>>
>>19505347
Probably heart palpitations
>>
>>19499393
What an absolute crock of shit
>>
>>19505314
I have read that kundalini sits in our body like a snake with 3 and half rounds and has its mouth at the end of spine. The Ida and pingala nerves are at the two sides of the body and even a small mistake in awakening kundalini can disturb the balance between the two and can have horrible consequences on mind and body, So while meditating a knowing guide is must. Is it true?
>>
>>19505413
Thats what they say. Im sure it helps. I just wing it and gotta tell you my chi is FUCKED!!! Should of been enlightened along time ago but Im lazy. The sutras where my guide.
>>
Not OP but what is the ideal way to shower?
>>
File: gVZ8S6q.jpg (415KB, 847x1166px) Image search: [Google]
gVZ8S6q.jpg
415KB, 847x1166px
Pro Tips

- to get into the mood start with this breath cycle
4 seconds breathing in, 7 seconds holding, 8 exhaling. (Also you can try following a Fibonacci pattern - 3 in, 5 hold, 8 out OR 5 in, 8 hold, 13 out - have heard good things about Golden Ratio breathing) do anyone of those cycles three times.

- focus on your breathing, BECOME your breath. Continuously come back to the focus when the mind wanders. The healing is in the return. But don't force it - witness your thoughts, let them run their course and then let go - back to the focus. Samantha then Vipassana and repeat.

- set a timer

- always strive to go longer. Every time I go longer I feel more results. Tomorrow I'm hopefully gonna start half an hour (have been on 20 for a while now).

- try combining various techniques you don't have to the same thing for the whole time

- try Pranayama breathing. Its the process of blocking one nostril breathing in, holding, closing the first nostril then open the second nostril, exhale and repeat. Find a Youtube video. Their are various times. Read http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/lib9.htm

- when focusing on the breath remember to both control it and let it become automatic. Im not entirely sure about this and you should research that idea. I'm still not sure whats optimal.
>>
>>19505457
With water not urine.
>>
What are good books on both left hand path and right hand path meditation?
>>
>>19505347
maybe your heart chakra
>>
>>19503129
>>19503757
>>19504462
i think you misunderstood

i meant it is hard for me to believe that abstinence is a thing in most religions just to overcome another desire

i think that abstinence>sex without ejaculation>sex with ejacultaion>>>masturbation

at least if you want elightenment

i think that semen is life force
>>
>>19500968
you wouldnt know a download link, wouldnt you?
>>
Okay, this is a question that very easily can be dismissed as stupid, so please, answer knowing Im legitimaly curious

Reading this thread and others about meditation, I've realized that I have done similar stuff related to peace-keeping and introspection in a natural way since I was a child, for me it was normal and I don't really pay attention to it, but I always noticed everybody was way angrier in general than I was, when aproaching the same problems

Some time ago, I took lsd, and while this is not paranormal, it sure is esoteric, and an incredible experience to realize what your mind can give and the incredible power it has

So, here is the question

Is meditation useful at making you enter altered stages of consciouness?
If so, is it a good idea?
and, if so, can it be done on purpose for recreative/exploratory reasons?

thanks
>>
>>19505591
>Is meditation useful at making you enter altered stages of consciouness?
Yea, that's possible. It's not quite as easy as taking a psychedelic, but it's more controllable.
>If so, is it a good idea?
I guess that would depend on the individual in question. That's no different than psychedelics.
>on purpose for recreative/exploratory reasons?
I don't see why it couldn't be used for exploration.
>>
>>19500755
Very nice
>>
>>19505602
thanks for the answers, really

Not to be a bother, but Im pretty new in the learning process of anything related to meditation
You wouldnt have a book on meditation made solely to ''halucinate'' or alter your state of mind, right?
>>
>>19505695
Sorry anon, I don't know of any texts that specifically cover that topic.
>>
>>19499393
Oh my sweet, not quite.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.