[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beleif in God

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 11

File: character2.png (2MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
character2.png
2MB, 1280x800px
Does anyone else believe in God but doesn't believe in Hell?

I went through a phase of trying to believe the Bible partly out of fear of Hell. But when I be honest with myself I can't actually believe God tortures his creations forever. Or that everything in the book is good. I see so much evil in it.

I don't think Yahweh is God. He seems evil to me. I think there is an all powerful being that is loving, but I don't think the Bible describes him.

Bible says things like

>orders the stoning of men who have sex with other men even if it's loving and monogamous
>puts babies to the sword
>contradictions in his book
>eternal hell for not believing a book
>jews who were put to the oven in the holocaust go into an even more painful oven after they die since they don't believe
>people who never hear of Jesus go to Hell
>sick indian child raised Hindu who dies at age 14 and never really hurt anyone goes to Hell for not believing in Jesus
>so many things cause people to get stoned to death for tiny offenses
>if you don't worship him you burn forever
>we all deserve Hell from birth because two people ate some fruit and disobeyed one command
>can only come to faith if yahwe draws you to the son, if not, you're damned

I can't bring myself to love a being who does those things.

I refuse to believe God is going to torture the majority of his creations alive for all eternity. That's just evil.
>>
File: mr-robot-001.jpg (120KB, 595x335px) Image search: [Google]
mr-robot-001.jpg
120KB, 595x335px
Sometimes I wonder too OP...
>>
solid points OP , no wonder their aren't many replies
>>
God exists hell does not exist there is only one way to get into heaven and that is to produce something of extreme significant value for mankind and that's it no heaven for anybody who doesn't and Hell doesn't exist you simply Fade Away back into the cycle of life
>>
one more thing our creators are a species of extraterrestrial I do not know the what species but we definitely have one that have created us look into how the gene splicing actually occurred it's only something that can be recreated in a lab
>>
>>19498603
OP ur right if you read the bible it says that's why he did the jesus thing in order to make it so instead of burning in hell, you go through an experience that cleanses your soul and teaches you shit so you are able to go to heaven.

The only people that go to hell are the ones that refuse that experience because of a conscious choice to join satan. Masochistic fucks.
>>
Did you every consider your concepts of what is "Good", "Righteous", and "Fair" may be different than what God considers to be "Good", "Righteous", and "Fair"? Maybe these wars are good. Maybe what we perceive as innocent children dying is in fact very just. People often cite the deaths of "good" and "innocent" as unfair, but only God knows what they may have done with their lives.
>>
>>19499074
Not a single loss of life is acceptable.
>>
>>19498603
man the lothric set is underrated, I love it
>>
>I can't actually believe God tortures his creations forever

That's not what most Christian traditions teach really. Theology is that God is love. Heaven is being fully in the presence of God, not separated from Him in any way. Hell is complete separation from God, who is love. Hell is then framed as our choice. If we reject God and the love that he offers us by leading a life of sin, he accepts that and allows it by letting us go somewhere where He and his grace isn't present, which is Hell. It's not God torturing sinners, it's God allowing people to separate themselves from His love and grace if that's what they show they want. In the Catholic faith, mortal sin (sins that bring us to Hell) have to be done with full understanding and intention, so this makes Hell really our choice.
>>
>>19499111
This is a false choice.
Doomed if you do, doomed if you don't.
>>
>>19499074
I don't think I'm the perfect judge of morality. And obviously God thinks differently than me. I don't like diseases, but I can see there can be a reason for them that God knows and I don't. I accept that.

However, I know in my heart burning living beings alive for trillions of years in eternal fire is black hearted evil. I know God wouldn't do that to anyone.
>>
>>19498603

so your gnostic yes?

why cant you guys use a different word for god so we dont get you mixed with with christians
>>
>>19499150
God isn't a Trademark
>>
>>19499139
First of all, "trillions" of years does not equal "eternal damnation"
Second of all, you have to realize that every single aspect of this is human speculation from thousands of years ago
Third of all, stop worrying so much. God doesn't damn people. People choose to go to Hell, thanks to free will. No one is ever sent anywhere they do not choose to go.
Those who go to hell either know it or exist in such ignorance that eventually they use that ignorance to get out of hell.
Way too much disinfo/misinfo in the modern world, not enough critical thinking.
>>
File: 1501079483.png (105KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
1501079483.png
105KB, 392x500px
Yeah I do believe in this kind of God. He is the best.
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 241x209px
>>19499870
Oh yeah, kiddo?
>>
>>19498603

I buy into the belief that in the beginning there was one supreme life force and nothing else. Either out of boredom or to grow in wisdom (or some other fucked up reason) the life force scattered into trillions of little fragments.

So now here we are, there are gods in higher dimensions, demons in lower dimensions. Both of which can be killed. We will reincarnate for eternity until we all are joined once again as a single life force. In which case we will probably repeat the experience once more.

Heaven and Hell are simply states of being while we are alive.
>>
File: hand-of-emrakul.jpg (51KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
hand-of-emrakul.jpg
51KB, 480x680px
>>>/pol/139205051
>>
File: proof.png (471KB, 2232x1082px) Image search: [Google]
proof.png
471KB, 2232x1082px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcQSGB-eb9M
>>
File: zamolxe.png (106KB, 267x261px) Image search: [Google]
zamolxe.png
106KB, 267x261px
On faith,

Belief in God is something you consciously imbed into your essence, as the accumulated materia, energia and aeteria take inspiration from the Holy Trinity - we are this result, creatures less bound by ((Fate/Destiny/Logos)).

Sure, we might have free will but it is limited by a co-law of determinism. I argue that Determinism is the simplest way of proving God.
Our free will is a duty, not just a great gift vs other lifeforms on Earth. I honestly believe with all my heart that God wishes for us to bring this great knowledge and power in the correct way.
I do not believe though He is forcing us anything, for we make Hell for ourselves.

We might have wars, people not caring, people dying of disease ---- and 90% of us KNOW something can be done about it, ((globally)).

Like a second coming of Christ some of us hope for. ((New Jerusalem)).... I am a Pagan and I hope this New Jerusalem won't be ((khazar)) but I am okay with Deus Vult for Christ, for He is your God, christians, and I respect that.
>>
File: 1502305155981.jpg (122KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
1502305155981.jpg
122KB, 680x497px
>>19500084

Globalization is not a bad idea. The scary part is who do we let in charge of this whole affair. ((New Jerusalem)) is a globalist theme, with Christ being as its leader. A theology, in our terms.

We can certainly see what Hell can be like if we finally going to battle with ourselves, ((globally)).
If we drop bombs and start behaving like tribals or, actually destroy the human race (and probably more) for good. Or whatever else we can come up with our cheap ((free will)).

I don't wanna know what God thinks we made iphone 7 instead of global solar powered network or colonized planets or speed the evolution of life on our planet, instead of destroying it.
>>
File: VELES.jpg (224KB, 520x638px) Image search: [Google]
VELES.jpg
224KB, 520x638px
>>19500141

All the people that Know something can be done, are giving up on their ((free will)) for illusions of security, economic stability choose this atheistic lifestyle of debauched hedonism.

Christ brought for us a Sword (citation needed), perhaps the one used to banish us from Heaven and thus, susceptible to Hell. All of this is mythologic, common, so don't take it too seriously, btw.

Thus, with the Sword Christ has armed us with, we can ignite it with our Know-ledge (we all Know) and re-open the gates to Heaven.

What I mean is we can translate invaersa materia, energia and aetheria into art, science, medicine and we, with our own hands and only with our burning (promethean?) passion we can translate even Heaven into reality, if only we would stand united and leave the bullshit behind.
>>
File: large_web.jpg (1MB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
large_web.jpg
1MB, 1200x800px
>>19498603
Your understanding of hell is a bit too literal. Hell is not a physical place where God puts all the bad people and locks them up.

To describe Hell, I must first describe (my understanding of) Heaven. If you love God and prove your love to him by being a good man in this material world, then your consciousness, once your material body expires, will be guided in the spiritual realm by the light of God.

Conversely, if you do the opposite, in the afterlife your consciousness will drift chaotically for a very very long time through the darkness without any guiding light from God. It's not a literal place where you get butt raped by demons daily.

Think of it this way: Heaven is like a never ending dream that is being 'steered' by something, and that something IS God. Hell is like a never ending dream over which you have no control. This can be a very chaotic and nightmarish thing...

Ultimately, God doesn't send anyone to 'hell', people condemn themselves to it when they abandon and revolt against God (which is another word for the underlying universal consciousness, the force that is propelling this Universe forward).

As for the Bible, look, of all religions I sympathize with Christianity (especially Orthodox Christianity) the most, but you don't have to take everything written there as being literal. A lot of that are just metaphors written by ancient and wise, but far from perfect, people. Same thing for all other religions. There is truth in all traditional religions. Some are closer to the truth then others (e.g. Christianity > Islam, Judaism) but personally I don't believe anyone of them is 100% correct since that is impossible because as a rule we cannot fully understand God. It would be like an ant trying to make sense of the USS Nimitz.
>>
File: soulsborne.jpg (13KB, 322x157px) Image search: [Google]
soulsborne.jpg
13KB, 322x157px
Someone tell me why I get such a weird vibe from Dark Souls games. I feel like it is telling some sort of truth but I dont know what.
>>
There's are definite exceptions to the methods in order to seek salvation so that goes back to the request that man does not judge. One such exception is heavily debated in the books of Acts. It's explained that an unsaved person who agrees to live under the same roof as a saved person is made holy alongside their children. (The debate is the stress associated with divorce since that would sever that type of salvation.) There is also verses related the issue, but I don't have time to find them. It's kind of hard sorting through the verses and stories not commonly taught in Christianity. There's also being Jewish, and much of what you read applies to the Jewish people. If you don't want to worry about it then don't be Jewish.

I see the eternal 'Hell' as complete destruction. There's Tartarus, but that's where the Grigori/Watchers reside, and it is never implied that human beings will ever be sent to Tartarus. Also, remember that man is made in God's image, and God sits upon the border of good and evil so to speak. It's easier when you think about it that way. You realize that our emotions and feelings reflect that which God possesses. Yeah, God has done some questionable stuff, but you can do that when you are God.
>>
>>19498603
You should read the Nag Hammadi scriptures, you'll find a very different interpretation of Jesus, God and Yahweh.
>>
>>19498630
there*
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.