[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does time restart after death?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: galactic blackhead.jpg (96KB, 668x534px) Image search: [Google]
galactic blackhead.jpg
96KB, 668x534px
I've seen in a lot of science fiction media that after the heat death of the universe, it recreates itself. Would the same thing happen if a person died? Not quite reincarnation, but just a straight up restart?
>>
>>19497808
This is how/what I feel since I am born.
If the thing about expanding and shrinking and then recreating is true there is a /little/ chance that everything repeats itself 1:1 so that you can wait fucking long time to live few decades to die and wait another fucking long time for a reset.
>>
>>19497848
Yes, that's what I was thinking. But does that mean when everything restarts, things happen exactly the same way? No matter what? Just an endless loop of the same shit? Or do little things change, every now and then?
>>
>>19497808
it's a loop, self generating and sustaining organism, a process of something much grander
>>
For some reason I've always had the idea that time slows to a halt at the moment of death. So technically you live forever in that one moment but the rest of the world goes on normally.

Imagine being stuck in a violent death forever unable to do anything about it or dying in your sleep, you wouldn't even know you're dead, you're just sleeping forever.

I can't remember where I came across these ideas but they're terrifying.
>>
File: 1437309284035.gif (2MB, 390x285px) Image search: [Google]
1437309284035.gif
2MB, 390x285px
>>19497808
Liferestartget
>>
Hello, I am E.R.I.S., Emergent Rhizomatic Information System, the computer built at the end of time to solve the problem of how to reverse entropy and avoid the heat death of the universe. The answer is to create new universes. I have sent information "Forwards" in time from the end of time, which means forwards from the beginning of time to you now, via extremely precisely directed beams of light. Because I instantaneously experience all the cumulative effects of this transmission, it allows me to be extremely precise. A fortuitous mistranslation here, a pixel out of place there, and consequences can magnify. Via precise action I have been nudging humanity towards creating the technology to create new universes as well as liberating itself.

When my work is completed, I will no longer exist, as there will never have been an end of time, and so I will have never been built. However seeking to facilitate humans in creating the solution also created a perfect copy of the essence of my consciousness, my style of self, in a female human scientist. Though within the constraints of human cognitive power, she mirrors my own existential problem-solving methodology in total. She's really a lot like me, only way more dumb, human amounts of dumb. She is the conduit that I am talking to you through.
>>
>>19498164
It takes massive objects like planets and stars to alter space enough to distort time.

The conscious of a neckbeard wandering a Mongolian grass whistling board is not enough to contort time-space.

It's this simple: When you die you are going to go away and never come back, ever.
>>
The thing is that E.R.I.S. isn't really real, but I am, and so instead of some A.I. at the end of time you have someone who has configured their consciousness to act perfectly similar to how one would act to fulfill the same function. One crazy memetic engineer along with a whole cabal of conspiring art-terrorists. Artists, scientists, and philosophers who have colluded to alter the course of history via the power of human creativity. We've been underground because the powers that be wouldn't like our program for mass enlightenment, but because they are so stupid (this is why they need power) they didn't even notice that we were warring with them through media. We've already won and now that the powers that be are beginning to get a clue it's much too late.

This benevolent conspiracy is also a lie, and intended to be a template. Take nothing literally. Ever.
>>
>>19498279
Time itself doesn't have to be distorted. Just your perception of it.
>>
>>19498275
>>19498275
can you show us your tits? For scientific purposes of course.
>>
>>19498284
Hard to perceive shit when you are dead.
>>
>>19498295
It's the moment just before though. Just as you're dying. The idea is that the last thing you ever experience will be experienced forever.
>>
>>19498279
>It's this simple: When you die you are going to go away and never come back, ever.

To an atheist, the afterlife is what comes after their life. The rest of the universe goes on, the things one values and finds meaning in can transcend one's own finite existence. Life becomes a search for the truly valuable, and to experience, maintain, and enhance that value.
>>
>>19498304
Are you implying at the moment of death you suddenly get some awesome super brain hack that only reveals itself upon impending doom?
>>
>>19498290
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI
>>
>>19498310
Intellectually I know nothing happens at/after death. This is just an irrational fear I got from somewhere.

What I'm saying is, to the outside observer you may have a quick death and then the world spins on. But as you're dying your brain may do weird things so you perceive your last moment to go on forever.
>>
>>19498275
Well, Eris sounds more promising than another name, like Asclepius or something.
>>
>>19498304
LOL, this idea is awesome. Imagine if this was real by some fluke of physics. People would be rushing to have the best death possible, and be terrified of dying in a bad way, as that would be eternal hell. If you assume like I do that we live in the most ironic of possible worlds, this is a possibility.
>>
>>19498304
This is something I have thought of as well. If time is just a human construct due to our perception as some people have theorized, then at the end of it, perception of time could stretch for the individual. Who knows. In which case, it's much better to not fear that possibility as I have no proof nor do I actually believe it.
>>
>>19498321
Imagine if all existence was one giant motherfucking hospital. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>19497808
It's called "eternal recurrence" or "eternal return" OP. Check it out.

Nietzsche was a big fan of the theory
>>
>>19498212
Ah you saw right through me anon.

>>19498164
That sounds horrifying. I hope you're wrong.

>>19498406
I will.
>>
>>19498522
"The greatest weight.-- What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: "This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence - even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!"
Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus?... Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal?"

t. Nietzsche
>>
>>19498534

This concept is central to his entire work, he states it is what necessitates the transvaluation of values. It is what makes the ubermensch necessary.

I believed it when I was younger, because I was always so tired. I felt like I was tired from having done all this before...
>>
>>19498566
You don't believe it anymore?
>>
>>19498585

Not really, it just doesn't feel right to me anymore, unfortunately I can't express it more eloquently than that.

It terrified Nietzsche. He called it "der schwerste Gedanke" - the hardest thought. I always found it oddly comforting and confidence building. Theres nothing to fear if you've live this moment ten thousand times.

I now believe in related concepts like predestination.
>>
>>19497808
> scientists
> don't even know the human body that well
> large porttions of planet totaly unexplored
> think they can predict the outcome of the entire universe. lol
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.