[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dreaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: lucid-dreaming.jpg (24KB, 464x308px) Image search: [Google]
lucid-dreaming.jpg
24KB, 464x308px
What are some good tips for being able to lucid dream on a daily basis? Also, is it possible to relive past memories in lucid dreams?
>>
>>19494371
it's not worth it.

They become more and more vivid over time, to the point you start interacting with people you don't know.

Mine do not acknowledge me when I tell them I'm dreaming. They simply look away or ignore the comment. Soon after that I wake up.

Other things that happen is I lose control of flying, and end up leaving earth. Scares the fuck out of me and I wake up.

Other weird things that send chills up your spine. I stopped feeling safe.

At first it was great, but now its fucking nuts.
>>
>>19494473
I think I can handle the craziness. Do you have any good tips anon?
>>
Try FILD.
>>
Maintain a healthy sleep schedule. Sleep early and wake up early if you can.

When you wake up, especially on your weekends and off days, try not to think of anything but the dreams you just experienced. If you wake up to an alarm because you need to go to work, your memories of your dreams for that night are already mostly dissolved. When you are able to think of your dreams before anything else, take the time to write them down. Not too much detail is needed, only places, people, scenarios, things that will remind you of the experience of the dream as a whole.

I've done pretty much exclusively these two things in order to become better at dreaming. Others will suggest techniques such as WILD or mantras and meditation while falling asleep, and while that can help, above all else you need to become FAMILIAR with the dream state.

Bear in mind, many of my dreams are not fully lucid - I'll know in the back of my head I'm dreaming, and therefore I have all the powers such as flight that I normally do in dreams. If I did more reality checks (A developed habit of "pinching yourself" in some way) that lucidity may make its way into my conscious mind more, but it isn't a huge goal for what I'm looking to experience.

>>19494473
I would disagree and say that it is very much worth it, but be prepared to have experiences like this. Sleep paralysis is the first big hurdle to overcome. When I got into it I was plagued by shadow people in my dreams, but as your familiarity with the dream state increases so does your confidence and power.

If you have any more specific questions or ideas on what kind of dreaming you're looking for feel free to ask. As for reliving past memories, I've found that you can to an extent. It's more like reliving past relationships, people, feelings and places. I may have never gone swimming in a fog-shrouded lake with that warm cheery girl, but when I dreamed of it I got to relive that old state of how things were between us.
>>
>>19494485
So consider it from a scientific point of view.

Basically, during the last stages of you waking up from sleep, you essentially wake up during REM. I learned about the discovery when I started to drink heavily; later learned that research indicates that alcohol does induce lucid dreaming.

Many people think you lucid dream during the middle of the night. This isn't true. Lucid dreaming, for me, usually happens when I wake up around my biological clock. I then go back to sleep. It is at this point I am able to induce lucid dreaming.

The reason being, remember when I told you its when you're awake during the last stages of REM? Thats why. After a night of drinking makes the chances of inducing it much more possible, but doesn't mean it can't happen when you're sober. In fact, I had one today, because I decided to sleep in more.

Here's what I went through,
>start paying attention to your dreams, a lot. Write about them time to time. Some times I type them out if they were really interesting.

>When you start paying attention to your dreams, you start to learn them and they become more vivid.

>Understand most lucid dreaming takes place at the final stages of REM. Wake up to an alarm on days you can sleep in. Then role over and go back to sleep. That's the time you want to focus on your dreams, because essentially, you'll hit REM, but you've awoken.

Best advice I can give you man. Good luck. Hope it works out.
>>
>>19494525
shit man, I posted after you without knowing you posted, and we pretty much gave him identical "how to's"

OP, you pretty much got solid advice here man.
>>
>>19494525
By the way, remember when I said it starts becoming more vivid?

I met an old high school friend that I havn't seen in 15 years. What I thought was a dream, turned out it was him telling he passed away and that the after life was "fuckin sweet". I'm assuming he was ready to enter the light.

When I woke up, I dismissed it until I decided to look him up 3 weeks after. Sure as shit, he died of a heroin overdose THE DAY I had that dream.

Another recent experience was meeting a bunch of lost people. I was in the city I grew up, but I felt like it was another realm. It was quiet, people were on their porches, until I saw a little boy and girl. They were lost and were brothers and sister. I asked if they were OK, they just said they wanted to go home. There were other people on the porch, they asked me if I could help the boy and girl.

Knowing I was lucid dreaming, I saw a light, and boy asked me what that was. I said if you see a white light go toward it, you'll find home there. He then said it was a bright blue light. When I looked, sure as shit it was a brilliant white light with a tint of sky blue. I said, "yup, it's ok, take your sister."

I woke up with a sense of well being and relief.

believe me or not, but thats where I am with my lucid dreaming. Have been doing it the past 17 years and just recently, I'm meeting people like this. I don't know what to do.
>>
>>19494566
No worries, always good to get more perspectives. I hadn't heard about alcohol helping to induce them at all, do you happen to remember the research?

Personally I've not had noticeable luck with it after drinking and would've said it actually inhibited them, or at least my dream recall. There's also a large consensus that weed, while it puts you right to sleep, also tends to suppress your dreaming abilities.

I'm curious to know how you and others experience advanced dreaming as well. What were some of your hurdles and breakthroughs? How have your experiences of nightmares changed? What powers do you typically have access to and what methods do you use to employ them? I see these areas as paths of development and am curious as to how widely they might vary.
>>
>>19494632
>Hurdles
Shadow people, blurred faces, feeling paralyzed when you want to get out. That was THE hardest part-- fucking scary as shit!
>powers
flying is the biggest one, later i developed the ability of telekineses. It was a tough one to develop, but fling shit around and stoping people in their footsteps when I fealt uncomfortable was a huge sense of confidence of power. Merely point at anything with my hand and manipulating it.

I was start by experimenting this by sober. I pretty much told you it happens the last stages of REM and your ability to wake up during that stage.
>>
>>19494525
>Sleep paralysis is the first big hurdle to overcome
A /k/ommando in an innawoods thread told me that holding your breath will break you out of sleep paralysis pretty smoothly. I haven't experienced sleep paralysis since then to test it first hand.
>>
>>19494655
I can't type worth shit!

I mean to say...I would start by experimenting being sober first. Get the drugs out of it.
>>
>>19494623
I fully understand. I've met other figures in my dreams that had lucid dreaming powers as well - ones I had no access to. I've encountered many times now nightmare characters that, upon confrontation, flee from me by warping the entire dream around me and vanishing. I've talked to someone in a lucid dream about their other lucid dreams they've had and the characters they played.

It's hard to say just how far this all goes, and whether you're someone who believes in synchronicity, astral planes, or simply thinks the mind makes it all up, I find it hard to deny its significance. I've defeated demons in my dreams that left me waking up with incredible bliss and relief, and I've lost to demons that left me waking up gasping for air and on the verge of asphyxiation.

It all makes for interesting adventures at least.
>>
>>19494473
this

also lucid inception nightmares in which you can not escape and wake up in another dream are the worst
>>
>>19494695
YES, I forgot about this one.
>>
>>19494694
those are some fucked up characters. Never met those types of people.

Mine are mostly chill, but sometimes I get a bad vibe about them, and either become extremely aggressive toward them and call them out, or I simply wake up out of it immediately.

I'll usually get out of bed and walk around to get the sleep stage out of me, so I don't go back to bed and back into a dream.
>>
>>19494655
>>19494695
>>19494704
That's what my nightmares have mostly turned into now. One of the first things I subconsciously learned is how to wake myself up, sort of an internal kill switch to end the dream. Sometimes I meet things that can jam it, or I'll instantly be right where I left off last the moment I go back to sleep.

It's a new horror feeling your usual power and control get consciously taken away from you. Everything else is a cakewalk, and my zombie apocalypse dreams are now more of a video-gamey power trip of hurling fireballs.

With regards to my powers, after self-waking it was definitely flight, though it progressed slowly. At first, and even still sometimes, I'm limited to a certain height above the ground, as though I'm tethered to whatever's directly beneath me by a set length of rope. Probably an issue to do with reference points for distance and depth, higher up you go the harder it is to tell if you're even moving.

I've also fixed the "underwater running/strength" issue, and can fairly consistently TEACH flight or super strength to other people in my dreams.

I've tried developing teleportation as a more consistent one, but it's difficult because, for me at least, it involves closing your eyes and imagining the new location while your subconscious is still sustaining the current one. Once I had a wax man in a creepy ass manor grab my ankle as I hovered overhead trying to get away, and he actually MOCKED me for trying to teleport out. His grip anchored me into that damn house so I had to wake up entirely.
>>
>>19494723
Thankfully I've met some really chill ones, some of them have had really interesting things to say.

I remember meeting a brown man with long black hair in a little pocket dimension he owned. Name started with an A, sounded almost egyptian, and he had some house rules of being polite and not staying longer than 30-45 minutes. Said he was 284 years old and asked if I was a priest yet. We talked about stuff like the river Ganga until the place started quaking/destabilizing and I had to leave.

Also met two friendly midgets playing a conga drum once. Don't remember anything they said unfortunately.

Definitely good friends to be made, maybe they're tulpas of some sort.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.